racer123246

Google Sketchup

You have done awesome work. I'd admire it. I'm working on getting better skilled with Sketchup, also.

After seeing this I was inspired.. Lol. So I messed around a little bit on Sketchup. A took the plan scheme you had on your LAFD and used it on a Missouri Highway Patrol. I just used a random color on the garage doors because I got lazy and I just made lazy windows on the garage.

post-10936-1265876644_thumb.jpg

You have done awesome work. I'd admire it. I'm working on getting better skilled with Sketchup, also.

After seeing this I was inspired.. Lol. So I messed around a little bit on Sketchup. A took the plan scheme you had on your LAFD and used it on a Missouri Highway Patrol. I just used a random color on the garage doors because I got lazy and I just made lazy windows on the garage.

Great work, I'm surprised that the server switch didn't delete any topics... It's kinda hard to find what you're looking for though...

I'm working on a crash scene where a car has crashed into a light pole. I'm making a pretty big map, so it will take a while guaranteed.

~racer~

@randomperson: Yeah, but it didn't really work out so well. BTW, I just found the option to smooth edges, so I'll try that and see if my models look better...

Great work, I'm surprised that the server switch didn't delete any topics... It's kinda hard to find what you're looking for though...

I'm working on a crash scene where a car has crashed into a light pole. I'm making a pretty big map, so it will take a while guaranteed.

~racer~

@randomperson: Yeah, but it didn't really work out so well. BTW, I just found the option to smooth edges, so I'll try that and see if my models look better...

You are way more advanced with it than I am, crash scene with a car. Lol, I wouldn't even know where to begin sketching on that. Too detailed, lol, I can only sketch buildings :1046274283_heul:

You are way more advanced with it than I am, crash scene with a car. Lol, I wouldn't even know where to begin sketching on that. Too detailed, lol, I can only sketch buildings :1046274283_heul:

You and I both wish! I only download the models into my model from the 3D Warehouse; but I can make semi-good vehicles, they're just too crappy to put into my main models I show.

I finished that project and am not taking risks (as it crashing and I lose all progress)

I can't upload any pics because the picture uploader is not working again.

You and I both wish! I only download the models into my model from the 3D Warehouse; but I can make semi-good vehicles, they're just too crappy to put into my main models I show.

I finished that project and am not taking risks (as it crashing and I lose all progress)

I can't upload any pics because the picture uploader is not working again.

That's a good idea. I'll have to look into that. I've been looking for a site to download free decent textures to import in there, I'm sick of the stock ones.

That's a good idea. I'll have to look into that. I've been looking for a site to download free decent textures to import in there, I'm sick of the stock ones.

Actually, you can make your own. You just have to find a picture or terrain (or texture)and edit it via any picture software that can save the file as a bitmap (.bmp).After that, you just need to open sketchup, and click the paint icon, then find the option to upload a texture. Sorry for the non-detailed directions... I haven't used sketchup in a couple days so I don't exactly remember :D

Along with that, I did the same for the road work model above; I copied a screen from google maps of a country club around my area then I did the said above.

Happy Sketching and Valentines Day!

~racer~

Major Update: I've made a car and many many more models, but I deleted one because I thought I used too much of other people's content. But the car I made fully by myself, except for the spoiler and mirrors. Also, it looks like a mini cooper... when I was trying to make it an American sedan... :(

I made an ice-cream shack with a parking lot, drive through (like some Brusters) and a little area for eating.

Third, I found a Ford Ranger and edited it so it was a police vehicle. I used my most recent lightbar and other people's stuff.

Lastly, I made a highway section. I also made a few different versions of it that have road work and a crash :)

So, until I finish, please standby for pictures.

Thanks again, Racer

Edited by racer123246

Actually, you can make your own. You just have to find a picture or terrain (or texture)and edit it via any picture software that can save the file as a bitmap (.bmp).After that, you just need to open sketchup, and click the paint icon, then find the option to upload a texture. Sorry for the non-detailed directions... I haven't used sketchup in a couple days so I don't exactly remember :D

Along with that, I did the same for the road work model above; I copied a screen from google maps of a country club around my area then I did the said above.

Happy Sketching and Valentines Day!

~racer~

Major Update: I've made a car and many many more models, but I deleted one because I thought I used too much of other people's content. But the car I made fully by myself, except for the spoiler and mirrors. Also, it looks like a mini cooper... when I was trying to make it an American sedan... :(

I made an ice-cream shack with a parking lot, drive through (like some Brusters) and a little area for eating.

Third, I found a Ford Ranger and edited it so it was a police vehicle. I used my most recent lightbar and other people's stuff.

Lastly, I made a highway section. I also made a few different versions of it that have road work and a crash :)

So, until I finish, please standby for pictures.

Thanks again, Racer

Right on, great! I'll have to try that, thanks Racer