Ale

My questions

*sigh* If you're going to post, at least try to have an answer.

Yes, you can get .skp models to .v3o. Here's how:

Export to .3ds in SketchUp

Import the .3ds in Zmodeler2

Export as .v3o

That's why you never start with SU. It doesn't work well.

i did have an answer.....i said he needed zmodeler...so i dont understand

*sigh* If you're going to post, at least try to have an answer.

Yes, you can get .skp models to .v3o. Here's how:

Export to .3ds in SketchUp

Import the .3ds in Zmodeler2

Export as .v3o

That's why you never start with SU. It doesn't work well.

when i try to export it as .v30 it says : can not find object "name of the file " . file ExportV30.cpp Line : 56

What can i do??

and thanks to all for answer me

You have to make sure the name of the .v3o when it's exported has the same name as the model in the scene nodes browser. Also, might be a good idea to check the model in Notepad and see if anything is wrong there.

same problem :-(

You have to make sure the name of the .v3o when it's exported has the same name as the model in the scene nodes browser. Also, might be a good idea to check the model in Notepad and see if anything is wrong there.

the problem is solucioned :) but now when i import the model to zmodeler the skin is gone, how can i keep the skin?thxs

whit what programm? and do you know abou t a tutorial about this , it will be easyer

and thanks for your answer

Paint, photoshop, paintshop, gimp, paint.net

All good for making skins

follow the tut from hoppah to place a skin in z modeler.

>>>Tut link<<<

Paint, photoshop, paintshop, gimp, paint.net

All good for making skins

follow the tut from hoppah to place a skin in z modeler.

>>>Tut link<<<

ok thanks but my problem it's that i don't know how to draw a texture and i have got another problem and in hoppah tutorials says this:

18. Select the group of polygons you want to UV-Map. For example: the whole left side of your model.

19. Go to Vertex Mode (hotkey 1). Green lines -which represent the incidence of light- will appear from the vertices.

i don't understand how to select a group of polygons and you said to me that i better go to step 19 but when i put vertex mode nothing happens :(

ok thanks but my problem it's that i don't know how to draw a texture and i have got another problem and in hoppah tutorials says this:

18. Select the group of polygons you want to UV-Map. For example: the whole left side of your model.

19. Go to Vertex Mode (hotkey 1). Green lines -which represent the incidence of light- will appear from the vertices.

i don't understand how to select a group of polygons and you said to me that i better go to step 19 but when i put vertex mode nothing happens :(

(From hoppah's tut)

TIP TO MAKE GOOD TEXTURES FOR YOUR MODEL

You need to have a texture before you are going to UV-Map your model.

You can make a good and exact texture by making screenshots from all views of the model in Zmodeler 2.

You put those all together in one file, so you have one texture with all views.

Most of the details, like antenna's, side mirrors, interior and wheels are drawn later when you are about to UV-Map those parts.

You can make your texture quite easy and precise this way.

(From hoppah's tut)

ASSIGN TEXTURE TO MODEL

6. Before you are going to UV-Map you need to assign your Material(s) to the model.

7. You need to enabled the Scene Nodes Browser (Which shows a 'list' with the models) first. Go to View -> Floaters and enable Scene Nodes Browser if it is disabled.

8. Make sure you are in Object Mode (hotkey 4) and that Selected Mode (hotkey Space Bar) is disabled.

9. Right click on the name of your model and click on Properties. A pop-up menu appears.

Open Mesh -> Polygons. Change Material to the Material(s) you have made in step 3.

(From hoppah's tut)

11. To detach them you need to select a group of polygons you want to detach from the other polygons.

12. Make sure you are in Polygon Mode (hotkey 3) and that Selected Mode (hotkey Space Bar) is enabled.

13. Use selection tools to select polygons. Selected polygons will change to red/orange.

14. To detach the polygons you need to go to Modify -> Submesh. Click on the square behind Detach.

15. Make sure those three options (To new object, Keep original, Enable drag) are NOT checked.

16. Click on Detach and click on the model with Left Mouse Button to detach the polygons. Nothing visual should happen.

ok but now i can't import the model to the zmodeler (i have got paid version 2.2.1 from a friend and free version 2.2.3)in the paid version when i try to import the model it says No hay suficiente memoria(not enough memory) and in the free version i can't import models

and zmodler doesn't sell in my country :1046274283_heul::1046276372_bawling:

can somebody help?

ok but now i can't import the model to the zmodeler (i have got paid version 2.2.1 from a friend and free version 2.2.3)in the paid version when i try to import the model it says No hay suficiente memoria(not enough memory) and in the free version i can't import models

and zmodler doesn't sell in my country :1046274283_heul::1046276372_bawling:

can somebody help?

Reduse the size of your Sketch up(i think) file

By scaling your object down saving it again.

(if needed reboot pc) and try again.

Reduse the size of your Sketch up(i think) file

By scaling your object down saving it again.

(if needed reboot pc) and try again.

All right , i will first reboot my PC later , if it does not work i will scale my vehicle

thanks helping :) nice weekend!

All right , i will first reboot my PC later , if it does not work i will scale my vehicle

thanks helping :) nice weekend!

Just remember size is relativ in z modeler. you can make a good model from a file that is no more then 5pixel high.

Just scale in z modeler and export it.

See in the editor if it is the size you want.

If not. scale some more.

(when you scale in Z modeler. don't forget to tick the box(behind scale) and check Scale to geometry(that needs to be on).

Otherwise your model will not scale in the export(only in Z modeler)

But sketchup model are mostly to big(my experiance) for the game anyways.

hope it works for you.

(it worked here a few times before)

If not i will read it tomorrow.

good night, and good weekend.

Edited by Tian318

i scaled the vehicle , the size it's so

incident.zip

it is not my model , just i found it in the 3d google gallery

but it still says not enogh memory when i want to import it

do i have to scale it more?

i don't know how Sketch up uses the scale.

But as it is with al pc files.

The bigger the object the larger the file, a large file = more memory needed to load that file.

So if you can scale it down in a way that will decrease the object size, you file size will reduse = smaller file = less memory needed to read the file

This is what happens when you scale in Z modeler with the "Scale to geomerty" button on.

But i have no idea how that function would be called in sketch up.

Just pointing some things out:

If it's UV mapped in Sketchup (texture applied), you can export the texture from Skp and import it into ZModeler's Textures Library. Then, you can apply the texture to the UV Mapping of your imported model and perhaps it will work properly.

But be warned - that model looks like it will be very high-poly when ported to a normal model format.

Just pointing some things out:

If it's UV mapped in Sketchup (texture applied), you can export the texture from Skp and import it into ZModeler's Textures Library. Then, you can apply the texture to the UV Mapping of your imported model and perhaps it will work properly.

But be warned - that model looks like it will be very high-poly when ported to a normal model format.

what are the steps to export the texturo from sketchup and import them to zmodeler?

and thnxs for your answer

what are the steps to export the texturo from sketchup and import them to zmodeler?

and thnxs for your answer

I don't know how to export SketchUp textures, sorry. Google it.

Importing into ZModeler:

- View > Textures Browser

- Press Add...

- Find your exported texture and open it

- Press OK to close the Browser.

then you must set that texture as the texture for the imported objects.