Guest F.C.F.D.canoe

A sweet ladder

Guest F.C.F.D.canoe

post-3461-1235956040_thumb.jpg

Our station has a Sutphen 110 magnum ladder. this is a picture of it at a factory fire. I've only been our our department for almost a year but riding in this thing is sweet. Id like to make to be able to put it into the game. Other than one department that has the bronto it is the second biggest tower in the state

Guest Lilfirefighterbailey

It's all about our UK engines XD. I love them. We are equipped with Top notch Dennis Sabres. It varies between different stations accross the UK. Going up north we have teh Scanias Volvos, MAN and Mercedes. Although as i live in West Midlands. Our West Midlands Fire engines are bad ass too.

Image attached: West Midlands Fire Service Dennis Sabre XL.

Water tank capacity: 1800 Litres.

Regards

Lilfirefighterbailey

post-2370-1237484897_thumb.jpg

If your interested, our "ladder" which here is referred to as a Hydraulic Platform is a West Midlands Fire Service volvo. (See image attached).

Attached also is an image of teh West Midlands Prime mover. This truck has a hook that can attach all sorts of "pods" ranging from a major rescue pod, chemical pods to all terain vehicles. This is basically a form of transportation for vital euipment that the regulars may not have.

Regards

Lilfirefighterbailey

post-2370-1237485472_thumb.jpg

post-2370-1237485483_thumb.jpg

Guest F.C.F.D.canoe

I heard that the company metz had a tower that acually had a elevator to get to the top. The ladder that i showed earlier is one of the biggest U.S. made trucks other than the bronto tower trucks. Our biggest buildings are like five stories tall but we run mutual aid to the bigger cities. It's a pain to climb but its got a nice view.

So for the MAN it was basically just a container carrying truck and you put a container on and put emergency stuff on it. That's smart.

This isn't special at all... most countrys have em.

So do Netherlands, Belgium and Germany

I don't think we have a biggest truck unless we was talking about water capacity. I think with our pumpers (not ladders) the differences are the power. I'd say our Scania's are more beasty in the UK. That's just my opnion based on my knowledge of appliances.

Guest HPVFD236

well lets see here. The biggest ladder that i know of.. well that would be in MY hometown of Pittsburgh Pennslyvania! Monreoville 5 has a 135' ladder. Straight stick. Yea it can top most of the 8 story buildings around here.

Heres a link to the website

http://www.mvfd5.com/

well lets see here. The biggest ladder that i know of.. well that would be in MY hometown of Pittsburgh Pennslyvania! Monreoville 5 has a 135' ladder. Straight stick. Yea it can top most of the 8 story buildings around here.

Man, i've seen youtube videos of them code 3, and that ladder always uses a DUAL siren...Hilo with a Q or Yelp...that truck sure knows how to ride and make noises!

WHAAAAAAT! The 'tallest' ladder in my town is the 95' Sutphen SP95. It's a mid-mount, 1300 GPM Quint.

It's all about our UK engines XD. I love them. We are equipped with Top notch Dennis Sabres. It varies between different stations accross the UK. Going up north we have teh Scanias Volvos, MAN and Mercedes. Although as i live in West Midlands. Our West Midlands Fire engines are bad ass too.

Image attached: West Midlands Fire Service Dennis Sabre XL.

Water tank capacity: 1800 Litres.

Regards

Lilfirefighterbailey

Uh, no offense but USA has got the best trucks and the best sirens by far.

1. Pierce

2. Seagrave

3. Sutphen

4. KME

5. American LaFrance

6. Mack/Ferrera

Woot woot

lol

Mike

Cherokee Fire & Rescue :sporty:

Who cares what country has the best looking trucks? Or the most powerful, or the biggest water capacity? What matters is that they work good to SAVE PEOPLE! Yes, I have my preferance. I prefer Pierce, Sutphen, Seagrave etc. over a Denns, or a Volvo anyday. However, I don't diss their trucks. Their trucks suit the purpose fine for them. Over here, they'd probably be pretty useless. But, ours would be equally useless over there. So, it really doesn't matter about who has more horsepower, or the longest reach (although 135' still shocks me :P), it's about who works. And, frankly, both styles of vehicles work to accomplish the same goals on both sides of the Atlantic (or Pacific), which is to save LIVES and PROPERTY!

As the Buffalo Fire Departments badge says : "UT VIVANT ALII" - So Others May Live

post-3461-1235956040_thumb.jpg

Id like to make to be able to put it into the game.

This has been look at before and Center Turntable Ladders are very hard to place in the game. No one was ever to make an script that could work for one. Sorry :(

Big is not always is better... Technology and Power can be hold within the small engines.

Who cares what country has the best looking trucks? Or the most powerful, or the biggest water capacity? What matters is that they work good to SAVE PEOPLE! Yes, I have my preferance. I prefer Pierce, Sutphen, Seagrave etc. over a Denns, or a Volvo anyday. However, I don't diss their trucks. Their trucks suit the purpose fine for them. Over here, they'd probably be pretty useless. But, ours would be equally useless over there. So, it really doesn't matter about who has more horsepower, or the longest reach (although 135' still shocks me :P), it's about who works. And, frankly, both styles of vehicles work to accomplish the same goals on both sides of the Atlantic (or Pacific), which is to save LIVES and PROPERTY!

As the Buffalo Fire Departments badge says : "UT VIVANT ALII" - So Others May Live

Ok dude, people in Europe probably want to shot themselves on the way to a fire because the sirens drive you crazy.

The trucks in the USA have more technology built into them.

Ok dude, people in Europe probably want to shot themselves on the way to a fire because the sirens drive you crazy.

The trucks in the USA have more technology built into them.

Sure, we may have 'more technology', but, is that always better? How about the how many incidents of Computer Controlled Rear Wheel Steering shorting out and taking out a support column in front of the firehouse? That's happened quite a bit. I'm not arguing. All I wanted to say was it doesn't matter who's trucks can do what, where and when. What it boils down to is who can saves lives? The answer is both. They both perform the same job, with the same outcome. That's what matters.

This has been look at before and Center Turntable Ladders are very hard to place in the game. No one was ever to make an script that could work for one. Sorry :(
I havent looked into it but since the heavy rescue crane is a mid mount why cant this be altered to suit a ladder as long as there is a basket? The only thing I could think of is that it might be hard coded for the FFs to enter the basket from the front of the truck.

Guest F.C.F.D.canoe

I love the ladder we got it's real nice but it does have a set back to it. The engine isn't powerful enough(due to budget) it takes for ever to pick up speed and we run lots of calls on the expressway and it doesn't even get up to the speed limit. we've had people pass us on the way to a fire

I havent looked into it but since the heavy rescue crane is a mid mount why cant this be altered to suit a ladder as long as there is a basket? The only thing I could think of is that it might be hard coded for the FFs to enter the basket from the front of the truck.

Yes, it is theoretically possible, but a lot of work.

My company, City of Lock Haven, PA, just got a new SP100 100' midmount tower with the Quint package..... killer truck, better than climbiing the old Sutphen, was an old TL with no sides on the ladder.... pain in the a@@ in the winter when it iced up.... but it was great because it was one of only two Sutphen Towers made for the FDNY, Sutphens owner just bought it back..... its Museum(sp) bound!

also with the new addition of the FDNY Arialscope for the NY Mod, a nice sparkeling Sutphen mid mount may be possible in the future..... :12:

The tallest aerial device that I have heard about was 210', but I can't remember where it was located, Montreal Canada has a 165' bronto on a tandem-tandem chassis. There is a video of it on youtube.