Guest jordex

The EM4 Configuration Program (Development)

Guest jordex

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the length of time I have taken to respond. I've been extremely busy in my personal life and with work. Unfortunately, the development PC on which I had developed half of the program died on me, as did the backup. How unlucky is that! I may re-start the project as it was a worthwhile project but this may be difficult as I also lost Visual Basic 6 (The Development Environment) and the game itself. (I lost the CD aswell).

So there are my reasons as to why there have been no updates. I also have no funds at the moment to be buying another version of VB6 and/or Emergency 4. I'm still enthusiastic about the idea but at the moment it's not a possiblity for it to become a reality. Like I say, if I am able to purchase the relevant software at some point in the future. I'll definetly re-consider developing this software and i'm dissapointed that I was not able to take it forward.

Jordan

Hello Guys,

I am also a Visual Basic Programmer and i think that i can help re-create this program. Im not at quite the level i need to be to write this program completely but i can certainly assist in its creation. I may have some free time in this upcoming week where I can start up a new project and hopefully jolt this project back to life.

Kevind

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the length of time I have taken to respond. I've been extremely busy in my personal life and with work. Unfortunately, the development PC on which I had developed half of the program died on me, as did the backup. How unlucky is that! I may re-start the project as it was a worthwhile project but this may be difficult as I also lost Visual Basic 6 (The Development Environment) and the game itself. (I lost the CD aswell).

So there are my reasons as to why there have been no updates. I also have no funds at the moment to be buying another version of VB6 and/or Emergency 4. I'm still enthusiastic about the idea but at the moment it's not a possiblity for it to become a reality. Like I say, if I am able to purchase the relevant software at some point in the future. I'll definetly re-consider developing this software and i'm dissapointed that I was not able to take it forward.

Jordan

Why don't you try using the new version? Visual Basic 2008 Express, I think it's a freeware, and can be downloaded from Microsoft's website.

Guest jordex

Just to let you know, i'm re-starting this project. Let the fun times roll. It will take a few months however, but, when fully complete should be fully functional.

I'm setting a release date of 8th September.

Just to let you know, i'm re-starting this project. Let the fun times roll. It will take a few months however, but, when fully complete should be fully functional.

Cant wait for 8th september :wub::gut:

Guest jordex

Just a quick update

This project is making good progress and is still very much on track for the 8th September. However, it may be initially released with limited functionalities and then will be updated over the following months.

Hows that working for you?

Is that why modders dont set release dates? :P
I would think so, I mean they probably always set deadlines but they never release those dates because if they have to work late one night, or a bug comes up then they can't make those deadlines. Then you have people griping about the release date not being met. If Hoppah set a release date for the LA Mod that wasn't met this forum would lose their minds. It would be Armageddon to most people. Which is precisely why modders like Hoppah or the members of the NY Mod don't ever set dates. I'm positive that they have deadlines but if they are shared and not met then the people that are able to sit at their desks and hit F5 for hours would probably go to the streets.

I would think so, I mean they probably always set deadlines but they never release those dates because if they have to work late one night, or a bug comes up then they can't make those deadlines. Then you have people griping about the release date not being met. If Hoppah set a release date for the LA Mod that wasn't met this forum would lose their minds. It would be Armageddon to most people. Which is precisely why modders like Hoppah or the members of the NY Mod don't ever set dates. I'm positive that they have deadlines but if they are shared and not met then the people that are able to sit at their desks and hit F5 for hours would probably go to the streets.

lol, they would too! :P