Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

I think that will be nice if emergency service vehicles have more then one siren signal. At the moment in the mod have one main siren signal. But in real life it have 2-3 or much more for other situations (code 3....). Whah did you think for this?

Sry for my bad eng

In the U.S. there aren't different sirens used for differnt types of responces. The siren that is broadcsted just depends on what button whoever is in the officers seat hits.

Guest lord_bonev
In the U.S. there aren't different sirens used for differnt types of responces. The siren that is broadcsted just depends on what button whoever is in the officers seat hits.

OK thanks for answer, maybe bocouse in my country have 2-3 siren sound and i thinking that his have and in LA emergency service :) However...

Sry for my bad eng

OK thanks for answer, maybe bocouse in my country have 2-3 siren sound and i thinking that his have and in LA emergency service :) However...

Sry for my bad eng

You're not too terribly off on this one. Most siren systems have 3 different "sirens" to them, wail (the slow wind-up-and-down), the yelp (faster version of wail), and tier/t3/phaser. The wail is primarily used for driving down the street, the yelp is used for approaching and going through intersections, and the "phaser" isn't really used in LA at all. The Hi-Lo sound other countries use has been phased out in the US.

If we were improve the sirens, it'd be to use the yelp at red lights, but I just dont see that as possible, nor worthwhile to do that in this mod.

Another idea

After 1.7 is made, can someone make a FAQ with things like...

1) How do I install 1.7

2) How can I change specs (i.e. frequency of calls, change the number of medics/FF in a rig, etc)

3) Can Hoppah add this or that vehicle from norway or poland or germany next update?

4) How do I get into modding?

5) How does LAFD/LAPD really respond to certain types of calls?

6) How do I add American roadsigns or english audio?

those are just a few off the top of my head that have been asked at least once.

Guest lord_bonev
Another idea

1) How do I install 1.7

2) How can I change specs (i.e. frequency of calls, change the number of medics/FF in a rig, etc)

3) Can Hoppah add this or that vehicle from norway or poland or germany next update?

You know how must to install the mod...

3) Can Hoppah add this or that vehicle from norway or poland or germany next update? - no he not going to add new vehicles from other mods, he only make things for this mod, his mod "LA mod". I think that this is not for comment, becouse Hoppah not one time is say that he make only for LA mod.

Another idea

1) How do I install 1.7

5) pull down the call list from the top of the screen and hover your mouse over any active call. after a few seconds, the info you want will appear.

6) There are english road signs in 1.7 and there has always been english audio.

You know how must to install the mod...

3) Can Hoppah add this or that vehicle from norway or poland or germany next update? - no he not going to add new vehicles from other mods, he only make things for this mod, his mod "LA mod". I think that this is not for comment, becouse Hoppah not one time is say that he make only for LA mod.

At first I was going to leave this alone, but if he was confused as to my post, Im sure he's not the only one. I'm chalking this up to english being a second language for this gentleman and the fact that he does not know what FAQ stands for...

FAQ= Frequently Asked Questions.

These are not questions I had for Hoppah. I was listing a few examples of questions that are frequently brought up in the forums. Some are more valid than others, but nonetheless all are brought up pretty regularly. If we had a txt or pdf that came with the mod that answered these questtions, that might prevent clutter in the forums. Get it?

If Hoppah or Stan or MikePhotos or whoever thinks this is a good idea, I can be the one to sift through the forums and weed out the Q & A to at least get a rough draft going...thats if you want, and if I have a long enough break in my schedule

5) pull down the call list from the top of the screen and hover your mouse over any active call. after a few seconds, the info you want will appear.

6) There are english road signs in 1.7 and there has always been english audio.

These are not questions I had for Hoppah. These are just examples of questions that come up VERY often in the forums. It would be easy if there were a pdf included with the mod that answered these questions so we don't see it again and again and again in the forums.

I know holding your mouse over the active call gives you a recommended response from the "CAD" system, but if your tooltips are off, it won't do that. Hence the frequent question.

Oh, and holding your mouse over anything will not explain how to edit freeplayparameters.xnl, thats for sure.

And there is only english audio in 911:FR and Em4 from England. If you buy Em4 Deluxe, you have to install the english audio, which is easy to do if you knew how...it's something a FAQ could explain.

Actually a detailed faq is in the works that includes both informative questions and answers and a smaller section of annoying/beyond dumb questions. I've been going through all of the main threads, and working on gathering a list of questions, suggestions, comments and such and while not everyone will be included, you can expect to see questions like:

"What is the difference between unit a and unit b (sheriff and chp)"

"Why don't you have more lights and sirens?"

"There is a sick person in an apt house, how do I get to them?"

"There is a car in the water, what do I do?"

"The door is locked, how do I get inside?"

"My local fd has __ why doesn't the mod?"

"I saw this on tv ___"

Mike

Another example:

"I saw this on the internet, shall we add it to the mod? I mean, why not? The internet is most reliable source ofcourse and pic looks real"

profile.jpg

edit:

In common language: :)

"I SEEN THIS ON TH' INTERNET, SHALL WII ADD ITZ TO DA MOD? I MENE, WHAI NOT? THE INTERNET R MOST RELIABLE SOURCE OFCOURSE & PICKY LOOKS REAL"

Hello.

I already said this ages ago.

But I have a request to Hoppah,

Could you please make a new thread when releasing 1.7? It's much easier to see it's out than browsing through old posts to see if it's out and find link after people respond.

Cheers!

Guest lord_bonev
Hello.

I already said this ages ago.

But I have a request to Hoppah,

Could you please make a new thread when releasing 1.7? It's much easier to see it's out than browsing through old posts to see if it's out and find link after people respond.

Cheers!

Good ideА!

@em4fun

nice video :1046276313_Up_to_something:

Cheers with Heineken! :cheers:

Hundreds of things have been asked.

A FAQ for the question to add Polish vehicles to the LA MOD?

How stupid can people be?

And most of Spaloo's ideas are not even LA MOD related, so they don't belong in a LA MOD FAQ. :)

Slightly Off-topic (don't yell at me) but how? Could you please send me a PM(Private Message) with the info?
Only way is downloading the audio and replacing the original German audio.

I would argue that if someone is going to ask it on the LA Mod forum, it's LA Mod related.

Yeah, people are that "stupid" (some just don't know), you know how many people ask for a doctor car or some specialty vehicle they know is being used in their country, then claim it's realistic to an LA mod.

That's cool if you don't want the FAQ. It was just an idea and I thought I'd offer to help.

Actually a detailed faq is in the works that includes both informative questions and answers and a smaller section of annoying/beyond dumb questions. I've been going through all of the main threads, and working on gathering a list of questions, suggestions, comments and such and while not everyone will be included, you can expect to see questions like:

"What is the difference between unit a and unit b (sheriff and chp)"

"Why don't you have more lights and sirens?"

"There is a sick person in an apt house, how do I get to them?"

"There is a car in the water, what do I do?"

"The door is locked, how do I get inside?"

"My local fd has __ why doesn't the mod?"

"I saw this on tv ___"

Mike

I think you're feeling what I'm saying. If I can give you a hand with the tedious stuff, let me know. Is it possible to include a specs section that says how to just have 2 medics on a rig, or how to have more on the ladder? Also a part to change the frequency of calls and types of calls might be helpful too. Thanks Mike.

Lets wait for some actual info or go search for info yourself when requesting a vehicle

Maybe it's still in some kind of test phase and the only one in the whole LAFD ambulance fleet.

The only thing I like are the LED lights. The grille is more 'chubby' than cool.

It just looks cool because it's big, heavy and shiny.

Why REPLACE the ALS Ambulance when you don't even have more background information, but just a couple of pics?

I hate ideas completely based on a couple of photo's.

No hard feelings though, :)

Hoppah

Lets wait for some actual info or go search for info yourself when requesting a vehicle

Maybe it's still in some kind of test phase and the only one in the whole LAFD ambulance fleet.

The only thing I like are the LED lights. The grille is more 'chubby' than cool.

It just looks cool because it's big, heavy and shiny.

Why REPLACE the ALS Ambulance when you don't even have more background information, but just a couple of pics?

I hate ideas completely based on a couple of photo's.

No hard feelings though, :)

Hoppah

I got an idea, what about an apartment fire mission. The fire start and grows very fast. It traps people and disables sprinkler system. You have to use a ladder to get to second floor because stairs are unsafe. You have to put out the fire before to many people die. What do you think? :D