Terrow

Don't they teach plagiarism in schools anymore?

I do not dislike or hate them.  Yes there is one admin that him and I have never really gotten along due to a situation that happened along time ago but I have still gone to him numerous times when I had a problem.

Fact of the matter is, the actions of some authors are the ones that fractured this community.

NOT THE MODERATORS ENFORCING A RULE THATS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS.

If you want someone to blame, its the countless reskin mods that don't credit, and the few mods that steal models and other content. Thats pretty much the whole situation down into once sentence.

People like MikeyPI and NFK are easy targets because they are authority. Its like how criminals think of the police. Content creators like me also get blamed because we assert our rights to be credited FOR OUR OWN CONTENT, yet get lambasted, ridiculed and crucified for standing up.

How is it fair that the people with NO skills get to stand up against the "moderators brutality" when content creators get slapped down for asking to be credited?

Fact of the matter is, the actions of some authors are the ones that fractured this community.

If you want someone to blame, its the countless reskin mods that don't credit, and the few mods that steal models and other content. Thats pretty much the whole situation down into once sentence.

People like MikeyPI and NFK are easy targets because they are authority. Its like how criminals think of the police. Content creators like me also get blamed because we assert our rights to be credited FOR OUR OWN CONTENT, yet get lambasted, ridiculed and crucified for standing up.

How is it fair that the people with NO skills get to stand up against the "moderators brutality" when content creators get slapped down for asking to be credited?

If I'm one of those people who don't disrespect the copyright issues, I'm so sorry for what I had done, I feel so bad about how this basic thing can cause that many troubles...

Let me fill in some blanks here. Yes, the NYCERU seemed to be a large takedown, and it was, because the majority of these problems we have are using someone else's content from this site, which is easily found. When using stuff from another site, it's not as easily found. That's hwy it got by for so many months and months. We've always enforced credit, it's just now that people are noticing because we told a certain mod that they have to follow the rules the same. 

We have this rule because while the content here is generally free, using someone else's content, particularly from pay sites, which I've seen mods do, could mean that the original author could have real grounds for a real civil case against the mod author, but more importantly against the site for copyright violations, and loss of income. Many models on sites like Turbosquid and similar pay sites are upwards of $35 each and have strict requirements on how you use them. That's why we have the permission and credit rule. It covers us if we follow and enforce it to protect from litigation. Many sites lose their full servers for violations, and in the sites I've ran, I've had to sign contracts (or digitally agree) I would not host copyrighted material without permission to do so. 

So copyright isn't decided by us, we're just enforcing it so you can keep coming to this site to enjoy it. I know I'd hate to sign in one day only to be met by a SERVICE SUSPENDED page because we violated our host contract. 

Yeah, it sucks we're cracking down, and I hate doing it as much as you hate watching it, but it's really simple to follow the rules, and then we both will live happily ever after. IF you've got a mod that's all reskins, that's totally cool to release it, just as long as you give credit where it's due. Don't say you did it all, just thank those who did for their contribution and leave it at that. Place it in a small readme (no one ever opens those and reads em anyways) and you're set. Means I don't have to enforce the rules because you're following them. 

Feel free to rebel against us, but know the reason you're doing it is to support people to use whatever they want without permission or credit. 

FYI To date, under the new rules, I've personally suspended and warned 0 people (means I've spoken with at most) and as a staff we've issued only 2 warnings in the past year for copyright violations. It generally is just a notice they have to adjust their content to properly credit and get permissions they don't have. 

If I'm one of those people who don't disrespect the copyright issues, I'm so sorry for what I had done, I feel so bad about how this basic thing can cause that many troubles...

I dont believe you've commited a mistake there, but apologizing and owning up to a mistake is good. What you have done is more mature than most of the community at large.

Since I am off the grid in about 4 hours for a while I will say this this to the community and you can take that as you wish.

"Good steel is forged in a hot fire"

with that said I think we will come out of this whole mess better than we were before and I would also say thank you to all the Content creators that reached out to me/ got back to me in the last few days.

I'll see you all on the other side of my move..hopefully :D

Because the community is mostly made up of kids you get all of these behaviour problems. Like you said criminals and police, well the way it is now most people don't have respect for one another and kick off when they get put them in line. They will side with people they like because they want their stuff, but then hate people trying to stop them.

Its not any of the mod/admin teams fault they have a job to do. Its not the original content creators fault as they have the rights to be credited it for making it or if they choose to to remove their content for others to use. The problem is with the community itself, if it was a more mature community most of this wouldn't happen, getting rid of a few bad apples who think its alright to steal and break the rules because they think they don't apply to them might help the situation.

I think coming down hard on this will make the community better and in turn given credits were due will become second nature to modders, yeah people are going to kick off about it at first, its like telling a kid its time for bed they will eventually settle down and go to sleep. But no matter how you crack down on it here, it only takes 1 person to steal it and it ends up everywhere else on the internet.

Sorry if this didn't make alot of sense I haven't long woken up for my night shift lol.

Because the community is mostly made up of kids you get all of these behaviour problems. Like you said criminals and police, well the way it is now most people don't have respect for one another and kick off when they get put them in line. They will side with people they like because they want their stuff, but then hate people trying to stop them.

Its not any of the mod/admin teams fault they have a job to do. Its not the original content creators fault as they have the rights to be credited it for making it or if they choose to to remove their content for others to use. The problem is with the community itself, if it was a more mature community most of this wouldn't happen, getting rid of a few bad apples who think its alright to steal and break the rules because they think they don't apply to them might help the situation.

I think coming down hard on this will make the community better and in turn given credits were due will become second nature to modders, yeah people are going to kick off about it at first, its like telling a kid its time for bed they will eventually settle down and go to sleep. But no matter how you crack down on it here, it only takes 1 person to steal it and it ends up everywhere else on the internet.

Sorry if this didn't make alot of sense I haven't long woken up for my night shift lol.

Sorry Constable Mills, your Facebook post blaming me definitely made me lose respect for you. I'll be as civil and respectful as I can. Something you didn't afford me when you claimed that my packs are the cause of these crediting issues

In regards to your post, you definitely weren't seeing it this way when you were commenting on the Manhattan/Brooklyn page. You've voiced your distaste for the moderators, the "childishness" of them, and my content being the source of this mess.

What you think is a 'little' issue, is actually a big one, becuase it opens the possibilty of this website being SHUT DOWN for hosting stolen content. It also means that it would be the end of the english speaking Em4 community.

Pixels and polygons are only insignificant if you're not the guy who made them. Please take into consideration the amount of work, research, trial and error and endless fitting and finishing that the model makers had to go through to make their models.

As a police officer, I was expecting you to be more considerate and understanding towards the content creators, but from what I see in your words off site, you don't really seem to care about us and would rather have a constant stream of content regardless of source. Now tell me who has the simplistic and childish view on things?

Sorry Constable Mills, your Facebook post blaming me definitely made me lose respect for you. I'll be as civil and respectful as I can. Something you didn't afford me when you claimed that my packs are the cause of these crediting issues

In regards to your post, you definitely weren't seeing it this way when you were commenting on the Manhattan/Brooklyn page. You've voiced your distaste for the moderators, the "childishness" of them, and my content being the source of this mess.

What you think is a 'little' issue, is actually a big one, becuase it opens the possibilty of this website being SHUT DOWN for hosting stolen content. It also means that it would be the end of the english speaking Em4 community.

Pixels and polygons are only insignificant if you're not the guy who made them. Please take into consideration the amount of work, research, trial and error and endless fitting and finishing that the model makers had to go through to make their models.

As a police officer, I was expecting you to be more considerate and understanding towards the content creators, but from what I see in your words off site, you don't really seem to care about us and would rather have a constant stream of content regardless of source. Now tell me who has the simplistic and childish view on things?

First off... Where are you getting that I'm a police officer? I'm not a police officer never have been because of my health.

Secondly, your right what I posted on Facebook was out of order from me, I admit I f****d up. I had only heard one side of the story and I jumped to conclusions. I just want to apologize for not thinking before commenting on the matter, but also for offending yourself, Mikey and others for what I said.

Your right I don't know what its like as to be completely honest I'm not sure I'm smart enough to do 3d modelling.

Also my intentions (when I said this started when your mods came out) wasn't meant to point the finger at you more at the people not crediting, stealing etc. But it's not just me that was slagging you off, look at all the other comments. I admit I shouldn't have posted what I did but I'm not the only one to blame.

My last point, you've lost all respect for me? Ok that's fine, because I'm not gonna go begging on my knees for your forgiveness, I'm just apologizing for what I did because it was wrong for saying what I did.

First off... Where are you getting that I'm a police officer? I'm not a police officer never have been because of my health.

Secondly, your right what I posted on Facebook was out of order from me, I admit I fucked up. I had only heard one side of the story and I jumped to conclusions. I just want to apologize for not thinking before commenting on the matter, but also for offending yourself, Mikey and others for what I said.

Your right I don't know what its like as to be completely honest I'm not sure I'm smart enough to do 3d modelling.

Also my intentions (when I said this started when your mods came out) wasn't meant to point the finger at you more at the people not crediting, stealing etc. But it's not just me that was slagging you off, look at all the other comments. I admit I shouldn't have posted what I did but I'm not the only one to blame.

My last point, you've lost all respect for me? Ok that's fine, because I'm not gonna go begging on my knees for your forgiveness, I'm just apologizing for what I did because it was wrong for saying what I did.

Sorry. Thought you were a PC based on your knowledge of UK cops.

You've lost my respect and regained it. You know why? because you owned up to your mistake. Something that very very few people on this site can do.

Have a beer. You deserve it.

Sorry. Thought you were a PC based on your knowledge of UK cops.

You've lost my respect and regained it. You know why? because you owned up to your mistake. Something that very very few people on this site can do.

Have a beer. You deserve it.

Oh no no no. I just have friends in the force. I'm just a security officer at a vehicle compound.

Oh well to be honest I wasn't expecting to regain it so quickly. Thank you and again apologizes for what I said I do understand why all this has happened and why it needs to happen not only for content creators but for everyone. That is true it's not just this site it's everywhere not a lot of people will admit they are wrong because of their pride or just being an arsehole lol.

Thanks I'll have it in about an hour when I finish my shift

Oh no no no. I just have friends in the force. I'm just a security officer at a vehicle compound.

Oh well to be honest I wasn't expecting to regain it so quickly. Thank you and again apologizes for what I said I do understand why all this has happened and why it needs to happen not only for content creators but for everyone. That is true it's not just this site it's everywhere not a lot of people will admit they are wrong because of their pride or just being an arsehole lol.

Thanks I'll have it in about an hour when I finish my shift

This is the attitude we need around here. People willing to accept their mistakes and apologize. That is what divides this community right now.

Those who have been wronged, and those who refuse to admit they have wronged others. MikeyPI's post sums it up nicely.

Have a good day/night and stay safe.

This is the attitude we need around here. People willing to accept their mistakes and apologize. That is what divides this community right now.

Those who have been wronged, and those who refuse to admit they have wronged others. MikeyPI's post sums it up nicely.

Have a good day/night and stay safe.

This is true, the more people are willing to just say sorry and admit they made a mistake a lot of this wouldn't have been blown up the way it has.

Thank you, I'll be heading to bed when I get home it's been a long night lol. You have a good day/night too.