FInn Rescue 12

Boston Mod [RELEASED]

Thank you for your swift reply.

After having stopped playing EM4 for some time now, since the ending of the LA-Mod, I recently began in picking it up again with several new mods now. Just this morning I stumbled on the Boston Mod and downloaded it, along with the Corona update: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mayberry-mod-2014/addons/corona-update. So, it strikes me that I apparently already worked with the solution of my problem. As  instructed, I copied the content of the map  into the "Corona" map but, in regard of your reply, I now think something might have gone wrong there... :gruebel:

Is there something you can tell me what I really must or specifically must NOT do to make things work again? I hope you can help me out here.

Besides, what I've seen about the MOD already: it is really great!!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Robert.

Where did you put the corona files?

The easier thing to do would be to put them in the base game files, so open the data folder then the textures  folder and put the extra coronas inside the coronas folder.

Alternatively do the same thing for each mod that requires them. So open the relevant mod folder, then the textures folder and the coronas folder.

I will look into it tonight, because I'm working till 23:00 PM (GMT). 

I DO think however that I acted according the instructions, but surely I will do as you just mentioned. If you are familiar with the content of the downloaded Corona map (the update so to speak), you must know there are also two maps inside the Corona map. I forgot their names, but I think it was something like TEC...?? Do you recognize what I am talking about? If so, do you also know where to install those two maps specifically or the content of those maps? 

Robert.

If you have some map files, you have the wrong download ;) I think you're confusing the corona update with something else.

I just checked the file you posted the link to. Download that and place the 2 files (corona5_orange.tga and corona4_red.tga) into the location I mentioned above, and it should work.

very different my problem is the game crashes trying to load freeplay for this mod only.

5 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Hi there,

I am not quite sure if "the crashing" of the mod, as described above, is similar to my issue as described below. So if you are already familiar with it, I appologize. If not, then here's what happens:

The emergency lights (when activated) of all the emergency vehicles parked in the garages, are showing just white "square" flashes - also while driving. I tried calling in a fire engine ("in the area") but it also appeared with the same white "square" flashes. Also, the same happens to the emergency vehicle that was parked near the hospital; once the emergency lights were activated, it was just showing white "square" flashes. However, the activated emergency lights of the ambulance parked next to the aforementioned emergency vehicle, and an ambulance "in the area" I called in, were accurate.

In short: I think there is (also?) a glitch in your Mod concerning the emergency lights of probably most of your emergency vehicles - as far as I know... I hope you can take ik out with a wishfully very soon future update.

Cheers!!

Robert,
Netherlands.

Okay guys,

I found out where I went wrong. Next to the "Boston Mod", I also downloaded the "Boston Mod Maps Update". I apparently mistook that for the Corona update...:nixweiss: 

Now I downloaded and installed the real "Corona Update"; everything works like a charm now - what a great mod!!

Thanks for all your help! :gut:

Cheers!!

Robert!

1 hour ago, Expen said:

Any links ? I would like to download but don't find any others mirrors link.

There is a link to what I think is the latest either a few posts up on this page, or on the first post.

4 minutes ago, Ropie58 said:

Thanks for all your help! :gut:

Cheers!!

Robert!

Not a problem. Glad you sorted it.

8 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Hi there,

I am not quite sure if "the crashing" of the mod, as described above, is similar to my issue as described below. So if you are already familiar with it, I appologize. If not, then here's what happens:

The emergency lights (when activated) of all the emergency vehicles parked in the garages, are showing just white "square" flashes - also while driving. I tried calling in a fire engine ("in the area") but it also appeared with the same white "square" flashes. Also, the same happens to the emergency vehicle that was parked near the hospital; once the emergency lights were activated, it was just showing white "square" flashes. However, the activated emergency lights of the ambulance parked next to the aforementioned emergency vehicle, and an ambulance "in the area" I called in, were accurate.

In short: I think there is (also?) a glitch in your Mod concerning the emergency lights of probably most of your emergency vehicles - as far as I know... I hope you can take ik out with a wishfully very soon future update.

Cheers!!

Robert,
Netherlands.

You have to get the corona update. It fixes the white squares into the proper lighting for that mod.

4 hours ago, randomperson139 said:

That doesn't seem to be a common problem, so more likely to be something on your end. Have you done anything to edit your version of the mod? 

I'm guessing you've already tried the usual redownload / reinstall?

yep I did the works. Updated everything and reinstalled everything and still the same outcome

Hi Guys,

Just another question:

I'm now playing your wonderful Boston App. Since I'm Dutch and I am not quite familiar with the American Emergency Services,  I do have a couple of questions...

I've noticed that there are several types of ambulances: 

• Ambulances such as the A1, A2 and A3, parked in the garages, that are manned by "only" firemen and all they can do is take out a fire extinguisher, a backboard and/or an axe from their vehicle.
  • Ambulances to "call in", such as the AMR675 , AMR 676 and/or the Mayberry Fire Ambulances, that are manned by paramedics, carrying a stretcher, and a first aid kit - so a lot more useful (as it seems to me).

For me, as a Dutch former Ambulance driver, please explain: No offence, but please explain to me: What's the purpose of using one of the ambulances, parked in the garages, if the men onboard are not in the possession of a firs aid kit, and are not able to transport their victim? That it, so it seems to me...

How is this going in American "real life" and/or in Boston itself?  Also, how can I implement this in the game? Is it mandatory, when transporting a victim to hospital is needed, to call in a AMR Ambulance or one of the Mayberry Fire Ambulances and leave the "garage" ambulances just being parked there, or am I missing something here?

In general: Is there a specific and/or functional difference between the White Mayberry Fire Engines and the Red Mayberry County Fire Engines? How is this in "real life"? And maybe also important for me to know: does my choosing for one of these Fire Engine types, influence my game solutions?

Please, make me understand all this. :gruebel:

Hope to hear from you soon again.

Cheers!!

Robert. 

4 hours ago, Ropie58 said:

Hi Guys,

Just another question:

I'm now playing your wonderful Boston App. Since I'm Dutch and I am not quite familiar with the American Emergency Services,  I do have a couple of questions...

I've noticed that there are several types of ambulances: 

• Ambulances such as the A1, A2 and A3, parked in the garages, that are manned by "only" firemen and all they can do is take out a fire extinguisher, a backboard and/or an axe from their vehicle.
  • Ambulances to "call in", such as the AMR675 , AMR 676 and/or the Mayberry Fire Ambulances, that are manned by paramedics, carrying a stretcher, and a first aid kit - so a lot more useful (as it seems to me)

How is this going in American "real life" and/or in Boston itself?  Also, how can I implement this in the game? Is it mandatory, when transporting a victim to hospital is needed, to call in a AMR Ambulance or one of the Mayberry Fire Ambulances and leave the "garage" ambulances just being parked there, or am I missing something here?

In general: Is there a specific and/or functional difference between the White Mayberry Fire Engines and the Red Mayberry County Fire Engines? How is this in "real life"? And maybe also important for me to know: does my choosing for one of these Fire Engine types, influence my game solutions

It's all based off of the bls als system in America. Where medical care is pay per use, you generally don't need a highly trained paramedic there for many incidents when a simple EMT will do. They're cheaper and therefore in a cost based system better. 

The EMT is represented by the firefighters. They can be put together in groups of two to select stretchers allowing them to transport however they can only stabilize, they don't have the ability to heal. This is good for calls such as the medical aid or person fell where they're generally high in health so you don't need to waste paramedic resources. AMR and the on map ambulance are staffed with paramedics for more major events such as a heart attack or stroke. 

And the difference between the white and red engines is solely based on how many real life counties work. If a department is volunteer or from a small municipality, they cannot afford to have full capacity and response ability for special incidents like HAZMAT or major fires. We'll often rely on neighbouring jurisdictions, in this case, Mayberry County for things like HAZMAT support or in cases ofajor fires, mutual aid engines, which is basically just extra hands on deck. Mayberry has 4 engines iirc and those are easily used up, so the extra ones help when you get stuck. You'll see it in a lot of mods featuring smaller American towns, mutual aid departments you can call from off map. 

Thank you; it makes more sense to me now.

In the Netherlands it does not work that way. All ambulances are the same, manned by paramedics; if so needed, assisted by the Fire Brigade when called at the scene as well. Since a few years now, our police units as well as our fire engines are all equipped with an AED. That is because of the fact that the ETA of the ambulance services takes mostly 2 times longer than the ETA of a fire engine or a police unit. That is why nowadays, when a emergency call comes in for e.g. someone suffering from a heart attack, in more and more cities in the Netherlands, the fire brigade is also rushed to the call. I think they picked that idea from you guys in America; however, as far as I know, it is still a pilot - that started last year...  

Cheers!!

Robert.

hey finn, great mod!

I am fairly new to EM4 and the boston mod but I saw patar 1441 playing a boston mod a few months ago and I was interested in it ever since.

I did download a boston mod from you before (V 1 I think) but the lights were always white squares so I was wondering if I broke it, or is the mod broken, or something

It would be great if you could help me out.

keep up the great work!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, theultimateassasin11 said:

hey finn, great mod!

I am fairly new to EM4 and the boston mod but I saw patar 1441 playing a boston mod a few months ago and I was interested in it ever since.

I did download a boston mod from you before (V 1 I think) but the lights were always white squares so I was wondering if I broke it, or is the mod broken, or something

It would be great if you could help me out.

keep up the great work!

I think I answered you before, it's a corona problem. Look around the forums instead of asking twice, but since I'm a nice guy I'll give it to you! In the link I provided below you'll find instructions on how to install it too.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mayberry-mod-2014/addons/corona-update

The Boston Beta Sub Mod 2.0 , can now be down loaded via the Emergency Forum down load section have fun Finn.     

Unexpected end of archive when it finishes downloading by the way, not sure if it's me or your upload.