Miercolini

What would you like in Emergency 5?

To be honest i would like thi things on the EM5:

1)Police Units (vehicles) with the hability to change the direction of the cars... to turn them back where they came like the L.A Mod

2)All tipe of units of the Emergency Services not just Police, Medics, Fire Dept and Enginers. Example: on the tree of the Police Forces they are: Border Police, Highway Police, Riot Police, Transit Police etc... and i think on some countries the Military-Police ... they are (at least here on my country and i think part of the world) they patrol around every Border of the states and the Country... (i don't know Europe, but here on Latin-America we have that type of Police..)

3)Better Graphics

4)More Units, because the Police, Fire Dept, Enginers and Medics... have more than only Road Units.. they have Helicopters and in the case of the Fire Dept, they have Boats and Airplanes... i don't know if all the countries count with that.. but part they have them...

5)Police Barriers & Traffic Cones. The hability to put Fences & Cones in the angle u want to re-direct the Vehicles and People around it... that would be a great idea..

6)a Big Map and Units more faster (because the units never go slow.. they go like airplanes in the sky when they are called.. no matter how heavy the vehicle is.. they go as faster they can)

i think those would be good ideas for the game...

P.D: The Map would be better if it's about a Real Location of the World..

Emergency 5 could use several things,

1. Better AI, for Emergency crewmembers, civilians, and criminals. Armed suspects just shoot the vehicles and don't notice the police officers who can arrest them. Civilians should also get out of the way for emergency vehicles and go around when there is one blocking there path. Also an ambulance should not drive backwards up a whole street (I speak from experiance here).

2. Better police chases, when your playing a mod without the chase command or the origianal game the only way to stop a fleeing cartheft is with a spikestrip or a helicopter. That is unrealistic, in real life a suspect does not just abandon there car when a police helicopter starts folowing them. The suspect should go around the unit blocking its path, turn around, or plow through instead of just sticking a rifle out its window and shooting the vehicle blocking it until it explodes. They should add in commands for your patrol cars to attempt the pit manuver or something like that. When the vehicle is stoped the officers should be able to pull the driver out.

3. More realistic firefighting, like a limited water supply and the need to connect vehicles to hydrants. There should also be other materials to fight fire with than water. Backdrafts would be a nice adittion. The ability to cut holes in a buildings roof and to break windows for ventilation should be added too. Also firefighting range of the latter truck is rather low, it has a really long latter and yet it can only extinguish fires really close to it.

4. Better sirens, in the origonal emergency 4, the vehicles sirens turn off after about 5 seconds. Like in most mods, the emergency vehicles need the ability to turn the siren on/off. Also the civilians don't pull over, they just stop, causing your vehicles to go around them!

5. Individual stations, there should be several fire stations, police stations, and a hospitile (the number of these depending on the map size). You should also be able to upgrade these stations to have more room for personel, vehicles, and equipment.

6. More than "mission failed", In the missions added by the LA mod, if you fail the mission, it says,"Command has been given over to the FBI or the USFS or something like that for the folowing reason" instead of "mission failed". Emergency 5 should include this.

7. More types of guns! As you know in normal Em4 your regular police officers are unarmed. They should have pistols at all times and mabey a rifle or shotgun in the trunk of the patrol car they can get. The "marksman" should have the automatic weopons and a pistol as a backup. The "sharpshooter" can remain the same. Police in Em5 should be able to run while shooting instead of kneeling to shoot and should be able to take cover behind things. Bullets should have more effect on people and less effect on vehicles. There should be RPG's for extreme situations like for taking down a stolen tank or apc (A mission or freeplay event I hope Em5 has). Shots should also miss there targets sometimes.

8. Damage, If a vehicle takes damage, it should show it with broken windows, dents, smoking engine, and other visual effects. It should also drive slower. When a vehicle is destroyed, the wreck should be on fire and need to be extinquished. Anyone in the vehicle should need to be cut out with the jaws of life. Also the blast mark under the vehicle should not vanish until long after the wreck is removed or in a mission, not at all. Building should be able to colapse if the fire is not put out in time. If that is in freeplay, you should then be able to see the building get rebuilt.

9. Buildings, buildings should have multiple floors like in Em1. Police sharpshooters should be able to shoot from in the building through an upperstory window. If a shootout ocures in a building, stuff in the room should get destroyed (like furniture, or stuff like that).

10.The military, in missions when the military is present they should either be under your command or help you. It is redicules if they stand around doing nothing while your services do all the work.

11. Last of all, the editor. The editor should be more user-freindly and able to create missions entirly in the editor without having to have scripting knolege and editing other documents. The models should be in a format compatable with google sketchup, or even better, the ability to edit both models and textures in the editor.

That is alot of the stuff that would be nice to see in Emergency 5.

It would nice to be able to see and be able to control the type of events that happen in your game. For example eliminating the riots or earthquakes and or increasing the number of accidents etc. I would also like to be able to switch up the maps depending on the type of units we are playing. I know that some have it down were they able to create and edit the maps well that would be a nice feature to have in the game as well a better way to edit the maps. It's okay to add and remove buildings but putting in other things like roads grass areas that's where I get stuck. Those are just some ideas I have..cheers

How about different levels of gameplay? Like if you want you can play it at the dispatch level (like the current game) or company level ( manage one fire in depth at a time, ventilation, more in-depth forcible entry and search and suppression) or for PD (arrest, ticket, verbally solve other options) for EMS (different treatment and diagnostic things)

How about different levels of gameplay? Like if you want you can play it at the dispatch level (like the current game) or company level ( manage one fire in depth at a time, ventilation, more in-depth forcible entry and search and suppression) or for PD (arrest, ticket, verbally solve other options) for EMS (different treatment and diagnostic things)

I would love that or even if they we're both put together

I like Fred03's ideas above.

I also have some of my own ideas. (And some that have already been mentioned)

-Civ vehicles pull over for emergency vehicles

-Ability for Civ vehicles to change lanes to go around incidents in roadway. Or, there could be an option to use the traffic cones or traffic advisors to make vehicles change lanes.

-Emergency vehicles line up with road when they park.

-Minor MVAs where there is no entrapment. Maybe minor fuel spill where you have to put speedy dry down and sweep it up like in FF Simulator 2014.

-Limited water supply

-Ability to 'lay in' or stop at hydrant, drop hose off, and then the engine drives to the actual fire scene laying supply lines while drving. (Could use something like the hydrant to engine script where you have an FF get off at the hydrant get a hose off the engine, connect the hose to the hydrant,a nf then to the engine, then have the engine drive to the scene.)

-Ability to charge hoses

-Ability to choose different size hoses.

-More minor, realistic events.

-Pre-connect lines (Booster, bumper line) where you dont have to get the hose then connect it. This could be used for car fires/ minor fires.

-Larger/ more diverse maps. (Urban, rural, suburbs)

I know some of these ideas are probably not gonna happen, but thought I would throw them in here anyways. :)

I would like them to include new events in the freeplay map like Airplane crash or hijack, boat crash, fuel truck explosion, drive by shootout, Shootout like in a mall where you would have many people injured and many suspects with weapons and more events where you have to call the tech department like a blackout or gas leak, floods etc,,,

It would nice to be able to see and be able to control the type of events that happen in your game. For example eliminating the riots or earthquakes and or increasing the number of accidents etc. I would also like to be able to switch up the maps depending on the type of units we are playing. I know that some have it down were they able to create and edit the maps well that would be a nice feature to have in the game as well a better way to edit the maps. It's okay to add and remove buildings but putting in other things like roads grass areas that's where I get stuck. Those are just some ideas I have..cheers

All the things you just mentioned is already possible :)

And no, it meight not be the easiest thing in the world to edit map textures. But it is actually really close to be, cause all the roads in the game is just a .jpg file which you can download online and change all you want :)

I was playing this game like I always do and I found it becoming kinda boring I tend to do a lot of changes and re-skins to keep my interests. Then I realized what I wanted to see more of, and it hit me. I want to see move open buildings. The ability to go into these buildings upper floors and what ever to retrieve people or arrest the bad guys. That would add a lot more to the game if that was added in.  My 2 cents added

Things I'd like

-Civilians that won't stare middle of the road

-AI cars would change the car lane

-Bigger map

-Player vehicles won't stop when they try to overtake a vehicle

-Less accidents so it's easier to save dying people while 3 places burn

-Freeplay with stuff like in missions

-Riots, more criminals, too easy to catch lone one.

-Better camera movement, hate it when something burns in corner of the map

-Fake-/test alarms

-Able to change difficulty in every game like (Limited water in fire engines, how many accidents in which time, amount of traffic etc.)

-Easier way to move units, maybe greate groups or something.

-Less peple dying in the streets. 70% of my alarms are cause by someone laying in the street.

-ALOT Better graphics

-Faster vehicles, Fire Engines can go fast but in this game, slow as sound.

Btw. Possible to change username? I created this account when I was about 11 :D

I always loved emergency: firefighters for life music it adds so much stress. 

- Increase police interaction. Make it similar to the missions.  

- Identify victims in vehicles:     rather than depending on Jaws of Life.  Have a check vehicle that will get this information.

- Various crimes should escalate:     if they go unsolved.  Pick pockets become more when you don't solve them.   Arson. Etc... 
- Get rid of suspect symbol:  Instead provide a description or none and we have to figure it out.  Makes for a better challenge. Male/Blue Shirt

- Better use of crowd models. 

- Criminals when captured should not still be holding signs and weapons. 

- Search suspect command.

- Search home, building.

- better fighting animations

- Better police commands to suspects: Knees / Laydown / drop weapon.  initially it should be hands up

- Better police arrest: We all know many cases multiple police arrest a suspect... especially one causing much havoc.

- Siren on/off shortkey:  like the lights.
- Prisoner should be handcuffed:   If we decide to change vehicles.

- Option to require driver to move vehicles:  I'm sure this is available but it points back to UI setup for easier quicker global modifications such as frequency, etc...

- I mentioned limited water supply, but also extinguisher as well. They don't last forever.

- Remove unlimited supplies:  Police should not have unlimited supplies of fire extinguishers.

- Have calls ready to be implemented for any vehicle:  I know this can be coded, but again it should be a simple thing to include.  Police can call for a tow truck.

- Police calls for fire truck:  Should indicate fire or accident so the proper vehicles comes.  

*** trying to eliminate running back and forth to the tab menu or station. I like it to be more like LA 1.9 ***

- Eliminate unnecessary loops:  Paramedic trying to revive a victim that is not revive-able.  Status=Dead.  Not hard to do.
- Paramedic / Fireman:  Change clothes.   Should appear only in blue as an ambulance response.

- More Event options: Pool drowning,  Hit and run, ATM theft, lost child (mall, woods, community, over  a friends house), gangs that increase activity when not resolved., Water main break, main hole events, light pole evens, power line events, fallen tree events, boating events, peer events, more hazardous events, arrest warrants, multiple criminals of a crime, one person fighting that can lead to multiple people fighting because some would be couples or family
- which brings up the idea of not everyone walking around in single fashion. / 8
** More events leads us to think more about when and how to use/deploy vehicles. **

- Investigative Events for FBI or Investigators:  Homicide, Graffiti, Burglary,   along with options only FBI or investigators can bring.   Evidence sweep, Close of  sections with tape (I believe I saw a mod with that in it by clicking a path to create it.  Then click the tape to remove it.

- Limited jail cell space at the station:   so you we need to bus them off to a main prison.  Doesn't have to be on the page.  But you have to be careful of escape and protect the bus. Maybe make it run on a set schedule so that gang members can wait for it and if you are not protecting it as you should they attack the bus and then you have...  a prisoner break.  That can be dynamic and keep you busy as well. Remember escapes gives way for increased crime.

- Money options:   speed cameras, etc.. but limit how many.  They do cost to run so too many would mean your cost exceed what you bring in.
- Public Works options:  Road repair from water main breaks, fallen light poles, dangling electric wire repairs,  pot hole repairs if running a seasonal game, common area upkeep (why?  high grass makes for nice hiding places for criminals and evidence)

- I stated before dynamic rather than static accidents because you have to admit it gets boring knowing the big accident by the hill in LA Mod after a while.  
- To offset that you could create more than one accident at that scene and then it adds a little drama to it.
- I can't seem to get the underwater accidents to ever show up. I build it like LA Mod 2.0 or 2.1, but they never show up.  My one big accident I created shows up every now and then. I think it is because it is in front of the police station.   I might move it in front of the bank in stead.

Of course I still think the best way is to know the location but not be able to see the incident until a unit is at the scene.

- Swat shields:  Can they please serve  a purpose?  As it stands now they don't and are just decoration.  Which brings up another issue lets not get caught up in how it looks if it serves no purpose.  The mobile hospital has a tent, but what for? Nothing where as the Hazardous Material truck tent actually does ads something to the game.

- Easier way to setup alternate parking zones on maps for police:  Mall, hamburger joint, community, warehouse areas, etc...

-Police cars with FLOOD LIGHTS!!! 
- Able to choose which patrol zone to use from the menu rather than having to be in the zone at the time.
- Stakeout mode:  Just like we have standby mode.  

- The town editor should be similar to the simulator someone posted by RescueSim: Would make quicker builds.
- I like La Mod 1.9 with the different car numbers. This can be done without having them listed separately.   Same with the other vehicles.
- health drained police can go to the hospital as an alternative to heal.  It would be as quick as an ambulance dropping off a patient, except they would would not pull up and part at the emergency room.  Along the sidewalk instead.  I was trying to do this in 1.9, but I got side tracked.  Zones are there, but didn't write the script or supporting code.

- make some common menu items that cannot be removed or moved:  Some of this is the Mod builders fault, but menus that jump around are not fun when the better alternative is to simply provide a disabled button.  It isn't like the spaces are all filled. 

- If this was an online game I could toss out a lot more suggestions that would make it even more interesting.

Some of the things I would love to see :D

***Crowd interaction***

Whenever there is an accident, people will begin to gather around, rather than just walk past.  Cars may slow down, or even stop at times to see what has happened.

***Advanced riots and protests***

We have demonstrations.  Riots and two variations of protests would be awesome.  Peaceful demonstrations, where we have to clear roads and make sure area is safe from the slow moving protest.  And then from the mildly violent, to outright violent protests.

***Playing the bad guy***

That's right!  But weapon accuracy and ammo would have to be taken into consideration, as well as having low hp.  This is to stop taking over the city.  Due to those factors, it would be close to impossible to take over a whole city, but create life like scenarios of trying to rob banks, cause injury etc, while the emergency services continue keeping the city alive.

***Police dialogue***

Would be awesome to have Police dialogue when trying to make an arrest.  For example, "Freeze! Armed police! Get down the floor with your hands behind your head!"  "Freeze! Armed response unit!  Stay where you are! Do not move or you will be shot!" etc etc

***Paramedics***

Have more than one paramedic animation treating patients.  The more severe a patient is, the more paramedics able to interact.

- Increase police interaction. Make it similar to the missions.  

- Identify victims in vehicles:     rather than depending on Jaws of Life.  Have a check vehicle that will get this information.

- Various crimes should escalate:     if they go unsolved.  Pick pockets become more when you don't solve them.   Arson. Etc... 

- Get rid of suspect symbol:  Instead provide a description or none and we have to figure it out.  Makes for a better challenge. Male/Blue Shirt

Your police suggestions are something I have not seen mentioned, and honestly would raise them up from being a boring chase the suspect. A computer database system to run names and check for records would definitely have me playing as the police. Would be pretty cool to see the suspects getaway and become a bigger threat, and maybe cause increase in crime like simcity?

- If this was an online game I could toss out a lot more suggestions that would make it even more interesting.

It is, so feel free to throw them out here, you put alot of thought into them and I was impressed that some of these I never even thought about. Good ideas.