Xplorer4x4

Oldest and Newest Truck in Your City

Thought this might be interesting. I live in a major city, by local standard. It is regional hub. However it is surrounded by mostly rural territories so some of them still use some ancient apparatus from the 70s and 80s.For example one township purchased a 1989 Ford C/E-One Pumper as there primary engine...in 2006!

Anyways, for my city, the oldest truck in service, is Engine 2 a 1988 Spartan/FMC Pumper

engine-2-ds.jpg

And the newest arrival is Quint 16, a 2010 Quint from Ferra Fire. It is a 105 or 107 foot quint if memory serves me right. Don't have any pics.

well 2010 for the hebron fire was a very big one. I am moving away from that area but here is what we have just recived in the last year...

Hazmat 373- 2010 Freightliner/ Summit CBRNE Response Unit (Tractor Trailer) (NKY HAZMAT TEAM/ for Cincinnati area as well)

New%20373%20(1).jpg

Engine 351 and Engine 352- two twin 2010 Pierce PUC Impel Pumper replacing a 2003 ALF Peice of crap pumper and a 1986 Ford Pierce Pumper

E-351.jpg

E-352.jpg

and our newest oldest rig that we have is this unit right here...

Engine 356-

MVC-567F.JPG

(this was token before the just retired 2003 ALF pumper was put into service so it decal is E352) It was E351 but when we put the twin pucs in they took the place of E351 and E352. So now this engine has taken the place of the old E356 in which was just retired (1986 Ford Pierce Pumper). its a 1992 Pierce Dash Pumper

here's the departments apparatus page...

http://hebronfire.org/apparatus.htm

EDIT:

here's a website link from a photographer that does apparatus photos in our area about hebron's district...

http://nkyfireapparatus.homestead.com/hebron.html

http://www.sjrfd.ca/Portals/0/1995%20International%20Aerial%20at%20Kenmount.jp

Used in the station for my side of town, it's a straight stick ladder, and shares house with a newer spartan ladder and a spartan pumper. It's only 16 years old

Interesting, I have seen pumpers on a an International Chassis like that but not a straight stick, much less a truck in general.

This is the oldest in the Surrey Fire Service

1982 IHC-CO1850B/1984 Anderson 500/1400

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz287/goog67/ST9byShaneMackichan.jpg

Interesting, reminds me of the old Ford Pumpers.

Here's our newest truck. Went into service May 2010, Pierce PUC 75' Quint. First responding engine, shares the station with the Tower and 2 ALS Amobs. It replaced an old KME Rescue Pumper, pretty nice rig. About our oldest truck...actually for some reason it was at the station today. It's 1986 (I think) Pierce Arrow or something. I have no clue where they keep it, they might've sold it or something.

ladder-8067-os.jpg

Montreal still operates a couple of '90 Macks and '92 Freightliners as main engines in some stations.

But to be fair, most of them are being phased out since a couple of years and are turned into reserve units. For the last 5 years, they've all been replaced with E-One engines like this one:

Unlike a lot of fire engine buffs, I'm not a big fan of the Q siren they've got on the new rigs. I miss those old deep-sounding Code 3s.

Ok, so I realize the early '90s doesn't seem that old. Here's something else, though. This "thing" was in service until the early 2000s. Retro rotating beacon FTW.

Calgary recently just received a new fleet of Engine and Rescue bodies to replace the older ones. They are manufactured by Smeal, and furbished by SVI.

Here's a video of the new Heavy Rescue

Also not to mention the General duty Rescue apparatus.

I'm going to show you a few more videos showing some of Calgary's already placed-in-service rigs.

Engine 11 ( Aerial 6)

Pumper Engines

I presume this isn't America only...? Anyway, things work a little different here in England so I've done county rather than city, being as there's probably more Fire Trucks in your city than in my county. Anyway oldest Appliance is this 1992 Operational Support Unit based in Aylesbury, contains all the Heavy Rescue gear, we now have Prime Movers that kind of outdate this truck but its still about.

firevi.jpg

The newest depends what you class as a truck or appliance. These 3 unit all date from 2010 and are Operational Support, Water Rescue and a Station Car but none really have a prime firefighting role.

osuv.jpg

wsuy.jpg

stationcar.jpg

However, an actual Firefighting Appliance would be this 2009 Scania Rescue Pump based at High Wycombe.

2009appliance.jpg

Hope that puts a different spin on things,

The OC-D

EDIT: If anyone's interested Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service have a webiste with 'Meet The Fleet' on it: http://www.bucksfire.gov.uk/BucksFire/Fire+Stations/Meet+the+fleet/Fleetlist.htm

Oh nooooo noo no...we don't have tillers nor have we ever had one. We dont have high rises yet we have high rise packs irony!!! lol anywho, our oldest truck THAT I KNOW OF that we still use is this.

Alrighteh, The first truck is not a truck but something we called a Squirt and is just...old. I think 90's or older and the second engine isnt the NEWEST but it is pretty new. Our Engine 7 (Not the quantum in the pic) has that lightbar but it is red and is shinier lol

443.jpg

2391.jpg

At the end of this year we will have a new truck or maybe begin january 2012

This will be an mercedes Atego for fire dept Rilland

This is an photo fire dept Kruiningen, an station which also active in are area

BX-GS-80.jpg

and this is are ''oldest'' truck, photo is taking by myself for an mod.

HhIS06AoeKF.jpg

p6XOvocyMjZ.jpg

I am not making the mod, but Redhawk is here working on it.

maybe at the end of this year there are follow an few photo of fire dept Goes, where i have followed an traineeship.

they have also 2 new trucks, one they have already, the second is on the end of this year.

Both trucks are mercedes atego.

This one of the newest trucks

SZ5GVn2molF.jpg

ON THIS PHOTO REST COPYRIGHT!!!!!

I had no permission but I know the person how this photo making so i will contact him.

Hazmat 373- 2010 Freightliner/ Summit CBRNE Response Unit (Tractor Trailer) (NKY HAZMAT TEAM/ for Cincinnati area as well)

http://hebronfire.or.../New%20373%20(1).jpg

I wonder if more departments would benefit from tractor trailers for extreme cases.That a nice truck though. :)

Wow that has to be the ugliest thing I have seen in my life. I would rather respond in a smart car then that thing.

455082023.jpg

Not the best pic but heres our newest arrival. Its a 2010, I think, Ferra. I believe this is now the biggest/tallest ladder truck in the city.

You don't like the Mitsubishi? They've found them really useful, they used to have Vauxhall Astra Estates and every time it snowed they were crap. Nobody quite freaks out to the same extent over a bit of snow like the English.... We don't like our rain frozen...

The OC-D