MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

to the Team...hey your first version is very great especial the units and the firestations.very very good work :12: and the details are so fantastic

-do you now what are you goning to plan for future versions?

-what is with the controllpanel button "disable automatic vehicle emptying?

-the fdny support equipment truck is missing in the list

-would you put directional lights to other units like the engines?

-I'm missing open buildings where a firefighter could get in with a ladder

-I would like to propose you to edit some more fireengines and ambulances to the stations and maybee a third firestation in future versions.

ceep on with this great work and let yourselfs time ;)

to the Team...hey your first version is very great especial the units and the firestations.very very good work :12: and the details are so fantastic

-I would like to propose you to edit some more fireengines and ambulances to the stations and maybee a third firestation in future versions.

I back all of these questions but with the directional lights button, engines in NY don't have that. That's why they have NYPD haha.

Clearing internet download cache erased the rar file form your computer's memory. Cache is supposed to work to save recently used objects so it'll load faster next time you try to open it. By erasing the cache, it will erase the rar file, so you can redownload a fresh copy and try installing again with the mod installer. Remember, download, save the file and install. And no it's nothing something on our end, since people have download it and they were able to play it.

Download, extract and use the Modinstaller found in the main directory of the game to install it.

1. Right now, they function mostly as regular personnel, since they'd have to get adjustments to a whole lotta stuff to be able to dually function as firefighters, plus it makes the game too easy if everyone does everything.

2. If we make it so the REP does patrol it'll be against a regular patrol path, and will have a special area of the map to patrl, that would fit in with logical paths for it's purpose

You do realize the helo does stop the car right?

Right place, however I do beleive that the Heavy rescue does have the equipment, if it doesn't that's something we missed and had intended to do

Love all the advice, but you are still failing to tell me how to install it sicne the mod installer , every time it is opened, says that the game was not installed properly and to try reinstalling the game. As I stated, the LA mod worked fine as it was an app and went about the install process on its own. unzipping the ny mod folder gives you two items, the read me file and a mod file. placing the mod file into the mods file of the game doesnt work, it doenst recognize it. trying to use the mod installer simply doesnt work because it does what ive stated above. Im not the only one having this issue, just read the topics here. how about making a install walk thru since you all seem to know how to do this. thanks.

The next version will put in the features which were either too lengthy to create within a reasonable time, or were far too buggy to make this first release, while similar to the LA mod, this mod has several new features which in all honesty we were not sure how well the game would handle them, all in all it seems that all the catastrophic bugs are gone so we'll see.

It is there to prevent the vehicles from automatically dumping the personnel from the vehicle when it returns to the station, by default the vehicle unloads when it returns to the station... I can't remember if we actually activated that segment of the script.

-the fdny support equipment truck is missing in the list

No this vehicle comes in with the Hazmat Rig when the larger one is called, they usually respond together, so to save clutter on the UI we just tied them together so they enter together=)

There are no directonal lights on the FDNY engines of this era, I have no idea of the latest ones do or not, but these rigs don't have em=)

They are already there on the map, the map is the original map modified so it's just how the buildings were setup in the original game for the most part on this version of the map, a new map is scheduled for a later version.

Making more fire engines is possible, but they will be called from off-map...

The ambulances I really see no need to do more of being that they are all mostly the same other than the hospital ambos, so I'd rather just keep the simple nyfd ambo that we have. No real necessity in more types. The NYFD ones just have different unit numbers, in a subsequent version we might add the hazmat ambo of this era (not the newest one) because it would permit additional functions.

There is no need for a third firestation in a future version, two stations can adequately cover the entire map without any issues what so ever. The fire stations/PD/Hospital all take away places which potentially could be missions, so I don't want to make them take more space and take away from potential missions you can have to do.

Check bold statements in your quote=)

Love all the advice, but you are still failing to tell me how to install it sicne the mod installer , every time it is opened, says that the game was not installed properly and to try reinstalling the game. As I stated, the LA mod worked fine as it was an app and went about the install process on its own. unzipping the ny mod folder gives you two items, the read me file and a mod file. placing the mod file into the mods file of the game doesnt work, it doenst recognize it. trying to use the mod installer simply doesnt work because it does what ive stated above. Im not the only one having this issue, just read the topics here. how about making a install walk thru since you all seem to know how to do this. thanks.

The problem is that unfortunately there appears to be a corruption in your game installation, if it was a digital download apparently some of the sites that do the digital install do not correctly setup the registry for the game, I believe someone in tech support successfully resolved this issue in the past, I am unsure how to do this myself as there are EM4/EM4 Deluxe and 911:FR versions of the game, so there is not a singular answer for what you must edit/add to your registry files in order for the mod installer to correctly work. The LA mod uses a custom-installer to install it's self, this mod uses the game's default mod package installer which ships with the game to install it's self.. Unfortunately for some people who've seemed to have had problems with their mod installer not working it unfortunately requires a Registry Entry Edit to resolve it. I've never had this problem so I am not sure exactly what the registry code entries have to be to fix your game's installation.

Likewise (not implying you) people who've just copied the game from other's computers or downloaded the game will probrably have problems installing it because they never properly installed the game.

I didn't see this in the post above, but I thought I should add that instead of the fire station alarms being the one from the LA Mod actually add in the FDNY Tones so it makes it a bit more realistic. I may have missed it somewhere where it was actually proposed/going to be added, I don't have alot of time right now so I just skimmed alot and then decided to post.

The mod is great though! Fantastic job.

I didn't see this in the post above, but I thought I should add that instead of the fire station alarms being the one from the LA Mod actually add in the FDNY Tones so it makes it a bit more realistic. I may have missed it somewhere where it was actually proposed/going to be added, I don't have alot of time right now so I just skimmed alot and then decided to post.

The mod is great though! Fantastic job.

Our short-term objectives are to simply fix the bugs that are known to exist in the current version, very limited changes to gameplay will occur in the patch for this version, in later subsequent versions we will be adding more features but for the time being our primary focus is to make V1 as bug-free as possible... Certain issues are just game-related bugs which we can't overly resolve because they are inconsistient in occurance and generally unpredictable as to what causes them.

In the next "real" update version we will be adding features/changing some of the things we do not feel we did 100% accurately, but for now in the first version we have a good deal of smaller bugs to resolve, unlike other modifications this one will not see little updates that make version 1.1,1.2,1.3 etc within rapid succession, instead we will be doing the updates in larger bundles to prevent compatibility issues within the game versions themselves along with making it easier to track/resolve the bugs that may come to exist because of any subsequent changes we do.

I would suggest adding two new stations and shrinking the current station down for realizim's sake. Seeing as Rescue 1 is in it's own house as is Squad 61. I would put Resuce 1 near the top of the map on the Left side and Squad 61 on the Top right side. Just a suggest since you said you didn't see a reason for a new FD station.

Check bold statements in your quote=)

The problem is that unfortunately there appears to be a corruption in your game installation, if it was a digital download apparently some of the sites that do the digital install do not correctly setup the registry for the game, I believe someone in tech support successfully resolved this issue in the past, I am unsure how to do this myself as there are EM4/EM4 Deluxe and 911:FR versions of the game, so there is not a singular answer for what you must edit/add to your registry files in order for the mod installer to correctly work. The LA mod uses a custom-installer to install it's self, this mod uses the game's default mod package installer which ships with the game to install it's self.. Unfortunately for some people who've seemed to have had problems with their mod installer not working it unfortunately requires a Registry Entry Edit to resolve it. I've never had this problem so I am not sure exactly what the registry code entries have to be to fix your game's installation.

Likewise (not implying you) people who've just copied the game from other's computers or downloaded the game will probrably have problems installing it because they never properly installed the game.

Downloaded it from Atari......... so I highly doubt there is a corruption. They know how the game is supposed to work, afterall, they make it. You all are the ones making the modifications. oh well.

Downloaded it from Atari......... so I highly doubt there is a corruption. They know how the game is supposed to work, afterall, they make it. You all are the ones making the modifications. oh well.

why would the mod run for 99 of 100 downlaods and be corrupt?

placing the mod file into the mods file of the game doesnt work

Seems quite logic...

trying to use the mod installer simply doesnt work because it does what ive stated above.

Instead of blaming mod makers you should start blaming Atari... I'll get into checking this since i more then suspect that it has EXACTLY the same issue as the download version of Emergency 3 had

Im not the only one having this issue, just read the topics here. how about making a install walk thru since you all seem to know how to do this. thanks.

Simple:

- Download

- Extract to anywhere

- Double click the e4mod file

- Installing...

- Done

- Load the game

- Click mods

- Select the mod

- Load

Nothing more, nothing less

Is there going to be a bit more missions where I could use the Hazmat truck? I didn't have to use it yet :(. Also, will there be editing of the station alrams or how the calls will come in kinda like the wegberg mod?

You guys have a great mod at work here. I love it

Do you guys plan to add the barricades for other units? Like, an officer can get it.

When I called in a hazmat truck,I didnt see anything for decom. Was I just blind, or is it not there?

Is there a plan for a riot cannon?

Keep up the good work. We all love it

I finally got to call the hazmat haha. Ummm MikeyPI, when you hover over siren, it says siren off/on/horn. What dos this mean? Can you manually use the airhorn somehow?

post-7014-0-81946400-1301874039_thumb.jp

Yes, congratulaions, it also works if you press shift and send a unit to a location, it'll barmp.

The horn basically just clears people out of the way, like a real horn would do, they all go running to let you through

And in regards to the extra barricades, no plans for any other units outside of the DCU have been made to have barricades

You place the person in the custody of a hazmat firefighter, the get in the truck with them, they'll decon in there.

The Water cannon is planned for a later Version , under a different function than current WaWe, it'll be script heavy, that's why it was excluded in version 1.

Missions will come later, though right now, it's just the basic ones.

Yes, congratulaions, it also works if you press shift and send a unit to a location, it'll barmp.

The horn basically just clears people out of the way, like a real horn would do, they all go running to let you through

barmp? what works when you press shift and send a unit?

so you can manually control the horn?

Is there going to be a bit more missions where I could use the Hazmat truck? I didn't have to use it yet :(. Also, will there be editing of the station alrams or how the calls will come in kinda like the wegberg mod?

Hazmat missions on the original map are kinda rare, we didnt really mod the map too much for this version, that's for a different day=) The mod will retain basis on the original game because I don't want to make it too unstable by adding too many dynamic things to this mod. The more complex you make the dynamic things (things that run full-time) the more prone they are to intermittant failures.

As for new missions that once again is something for a later subsequent version of the mod, making missions takes time sadly and for right now we kinda want to get the mod as comprehensive as possible and resolve all the bugs.

You guys have a great mod at work here. I love it

Do you guys plan to add the barricades for other units? Like, an officer can get it.

When I called in a hazmat truck,I didnt see anything for decom. Was I just blind, or is it not there?

Is there a plan for a riot cannon?

Keep up the good work. We all love it

The barricades are something I've considered for later versions, however in reality NYC uses barricade trucks to carry them, since at the moment they serve limited purpose I did not wish to take the time to make the stakebed truck that would be required to carry them, it just is not realistic to have them inside car trunks or suv trunks for example, so perhaps in a later version we will make it to where a truck can carry them onto the map and deploy them.

NFK summed up the "water cannon" this mod will have to employ pretty well, which is why amongst other features it was omitted for the version one release.

barmp? what works when you press shift and send a unit?

so you can manually control the horn?

Correct, the horn is manually triggered by holding SHIFT+clicking the button . It will redirect people clear of the vehicle so that the vehicle may proceed unimpeded, however it does not work on vehicles because this would probrably cause path obstruction issues because of your vehicle obstructing where it would want to turn around in order to get out of the way.. In the end it's easier if your vehicle just finds it's own way around them most the time.

Wow, I had no clue this was even in production! Great job guys, I'll download tomorrow. :holdglass:

The development of this one was hidden to prevent people hounding for updates and what all was going to be in it=) even we didnt know what all we were going to be able to fit into V1 bug-free.

Again great mod i have been playing it all day. In a later version to make it a bit more real I would change the units housed at the fire stations and move the squad to station 2 with the hazmat unit since thats how they are house in New York because the Squads handle Hazmat operations. To replace the unit in the other station I would use the Special equipment truck to put with rescue 1 or make a station just for rescue 1 and the special equipment truck. Whatever you guys decide to do in future releases it is still a great mod. Outstanding work.

well remember there not focusing on and specific borough so the maps and station aren't really directly corresponding...and putting res1cue is a station by itself though realistic might be problematic we have all seen how hard it is to script three stations....also I disagree with putting Haz-Mat on the map..I've got to use it twice in over 3hrs of playing it'd just be a waste...in future i would suggest making the bomb last longer before it explodes or make the bomb squad quicker i'm almost never able to defuse it and you don't really have time secure the area and get people out either...

[...] move the squad to station 2 with the hazmat unit since thats how they are house in New York because the Squads handle Hazmat operations.

Haz-mat isn't stationed in quarters with a Squad, Squads are trained in Haz-mat ops but use a step-van type vehicle.

Anyway.... In future versions will you add the TSU?

well remember there not focusing on and specific borough so the maps and station aren't really directly corresponding...and putting res1cue is a station by itself though realistic might be problematic we have all seen how hard it is to script three stations....also I disagree with putting Haz-Mat on the map..I've got to use it twice in over 3hrs of playing it'd just be a waste...in future i would suggest making the bomb last longer before it explodes or make the bomb squad quicker i'm almost never able to defuse it and you don't really have time secure the area and get people out either...

That would quite well sum it up, being that this mod is not from any specific location of NYC makes having the stations "vehicle-specific" as they are in reality would not really work considering they are from all over NYC. Doing another station in my opinion considering that sadly we can't make the map larger really serves no significant purpose other than to remove potential missions from you. In the original map, hazardous materials really does not get much play time, in a future release with a new map we will make hazmat see more use because it is indeed challenging, but even then I really don't believe hazmat needs to be on the map given their limited uses in the game.

The bomb squad issue I have not ran into myself I tend to be able to get to the thing before it blows up, but we can always tweak that a bit if it is too much=)

Haz-mat isn't stationed in quarters with a Squad, Squads are trained in Haz-mat ops but use a step-van type vehicle.

Anyway.... In future versions will you add the TSU?

The problem is I'm not the smartest person when it comes to NY units, and a TSU truck appears to me to have another boat on board it, and serve as an equiptment truck.. If I am mistaken please correct me, but I feel that other than the boat the thing probrably is not overly necessary, and adding another boat may prove to be very buggy considering how the R1 boat functions seem to be causing people issues as well.. I've not had problems with it yet but I have not tested the boat very much from on top of it to be totally honest.