FireFighterEmt4Life

Rotorays?

Would it be at all possible to make a working rotoray for trucks in LA. Mod...... it would have to be a moving part....and im not sure if you can have that while a unit is in motion.....

For those of you who dont know what a rotoray is.....watch one of my videos i posted below, its the spinning light on the front of the truck...

lag maybe with the moving parts and lights?

Hmm moving fire trucks,police cars,ambulances, etc with moving wheels, doors, lights, and even helicopters. No.

i dont think it's possible to recreate rotorays, maybe with an animation but not the lights

Hmm if the animation was added, then I suppose it could be done if you add about a million lights to a unit, but even then it probably would look like poo.

Personally, I think if there was a way to make it a child of the vehicle, and add the lights to the child, and faind a way to get those lights ON, and make it spin, but, thats a lot to overcome :P

if i'm right you can attach lights to a child but if you put it on a vehicle the lights just wont work.

I don't see any point in that at all, if you want to see pretty lights go to a firework display.

I can't see how they would make the fire truck more visible, it has enough lights already.

If anything they are just distracting.

no need to dis-them. Many fire departments find them very effective, i love them but thats just my opinion. And your right, it is distracting, thats the point, maybe that one more person who finds it annoying, is the one person who usually pays no attention to responding units..... the more "annoying" it is, the more attention it gets....

no need to dis-them. Many fire departments find them very effective, i love them but thats just my opinion. And your right, it is distracting, thats the point, maybe that one more person who finds it annoying, is the one person who usually pays no attention to responding units..... the more "annoying" it is, the more attention it gets....

Then again that distraction could just cause the driver to wreck. And its kind of funny you mentioning "dis-them." Were allowed to have opinions we know.

Then again that distraction could just cause the driver to wreck. And its kind of funny you mentioning "dis-them." Were allowed to have opinions we know.

Never said you werent......i lights and sirens are a distraction to people driving.....than they shouldnt be driving in the first place. Imagine what would happen if that same person were really driving by fire works, sometimes its necessary.

Bah, it's just my opinion. :)

And its a very good one :) Could go both ways!

Never said you werent......i lights and sirens are a distraction to people driving.....than they shouldnt be driving in the first place. Imagine what would happen if that same person were really driving by fire works, sometimes its necessary.

Well you got on him for dissing them so sounds like we arent allowed to have an opinion. Theres alot of people and alot of actions done these days people shouldnt do while driving, but they do. The days of a bumble gum machine light are dead. We are now in an age of slime/low profile LED bars that are brighter and more visible then ever. Personally I have no preference. If a department finds rotorays beneficial, good for them.

Right, but every time some dumbass slams into the rear end of a cruiser/engine/ambulance on the side of the road, they have to put MORE lights on the vehicle

But new odd looking lights makes people look at the light more than the surrounds.

But new odd looking lights makes people look at the light more than the surrounds.

Rotorays are not at all new...in fact they started the era of rotating lights.....its a stationary light that rotates....it was one of the most popular lights for ambulances and fire apparatus...mostly in southern USA.

Everyone here brings up very good points....i think thats why we have so many problems in our world....everyone has and has the right to there own opinions, its hard to make a decision because no one knows which way to go! Its the same with deciding whether or not to grant firefighters with red lights and sirens....

Well you got on him for dissing them so sounds like we arent allowed to have an opinion. Theres alot of people and alot of actions done these days people shouldnt do while driving, but they do. The days of a bumble gum machine light are dead. We are now in an age of slime/low profile LED bars that are brighter and more visible then ever. Personally I have no preference. If a department finds rotorays beneficial, good for them.

I never "got on" anyone.... like i said, he makes a good point.

i Think more lights are not the answer. but just a better use of what we have. all emergency units should have reflective striping on the back and a workable amount of lights to alert other drivers. not so much it makes them go OOOOOOOHHHHHH PRETTY! and wreck into a person on the street. but we are majorly off topic lol

but we are majorly off topic lol

Not really, your talking about rotorays.

Off-topic would be: ''I'm going to the antarctic tomorrow to watch banana, anyone want to come with me?'' That would be truly off-topic. :P

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

:P

Back on topic: I think rotorays are a complete waste of everything. :)

As you say they should spend their money on more important things.