Tian318

Dual screen

Hey there.

my game runs fine, but i want to use all my monitors(like i do with everything)

So this is what i got:

2 x 23" witch each a max resolution of 1920x1080.

(totaling out at 3840x1080 dual screen).

i have special software to make this dual screen happen(but there is NO option in it to support games).

i tried to modify the config file(change resolution from 1920x1080 to 3840x1080)

But then the game crashes at start up, telling me that the resolution is to high.

EDIT: It says that cause the game still wants to run on one screen

The Nvidia driver "had" some dual screen support in the earlier versions.

But what is in it right now doesn't work either

EDIT: I did simulair things to other games(like Company of heroes, GTA series, Need for speed Serries and Command an Conquer Series(even the sims) and they work good on a dual screen.

Software:

Em4 V1.3(UK)

Ultramon 32bits 2.05

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT top driver 7.15.0011.7531

Direct X 10

Windows Vista 32bits.

Now does anybody know how i CAN get it to work on a dual screen?

:danke: Thank you! :danke:

yes all drivers are the latest.

I don't know about em4(it plays with only one i'm around 60 to 90(after hours of play or using fraps it drops to 30/40)

Company of heroes never gets below 65.

GTA series(don't know havened looked on that yet).

Need for speed depends, Pro street is give ore take 70/60 Earlier versions are higher

The sims 3 plays at a good 95.

Command and conquer(don't know never had time to look at that(we always play death matches so time is critical)

(but i never had any lag)

PS. it is not one 9800GT, there are 2x9800GT tops(SLI mode)

Sorry i must not tell lies :police:

Company of heroes does drops under 65 sometime(that mostly when i play against a mate and we both use trainers to call in unlimited air-strike,arty, v2's and so on :grinsevil:

Well there already is another one out

Tried both, but not the effect i wanted(got it bouncing between screen, on the secondary screen, on the prime screen).

But still no dual screen. :machkaputt:

@stan:

Yes,

And in vista it works SUPER!(never though i would say that about Microsoft products).

But the game overwrites that command some how, and still laughed on one screen at 1920x1080

(Edit: have a look, it is just great)

This topic can be closed.

Thank you all for trying.

I mailed to 16teen tons asking if they knew how to make tis happen.

I would seem i would have to write a new option myself witch will enable dual screen.

As the pixels need to be calculated different when using 2 screens.

EM4 does not support dual screen right now, and they have no gain for making it work on something like that.

Given the fact that even if i could write something like a dual screen patch, the game(according to 16tons would become very laggy)

And may take a few months to years to perfect it.

So i'll guess i keep it at 1920x1080

But thanks anywas :12:

This topic can be closed.

Why not leave it open in case some one has something useful to add down the line? For example, read on to the next part.

Given the fact that even if i could write something like a dual screen patch, the game(according to 16tons would become very laggy)

Well I dont know about that. The NY Mod claims that they have devloped a way to use a dual screen configuration for there mod. I think the second screen is just for displaying hud.

Why not leave it open in case some one has something useful to add down the line? For example, read on to the next part.

Well I dont know about that. The NY Mod claims that they have devloped a way to use a dual screen configuration for there mod. I think the second screen is just for displaying hud.

A second screen for the hud is different than my goal with this.

(all though it will be cool/nice/sweet(call it what you want).

My goal is to get the complete screen divided in 2, (automatically filling it with the needed pixels.)

make them both work in synchronized order.(so you wont see a truck driving from screen A to screen B(but takes 10sec to breach the gap between the 2 screens).

i think it is easier explained as...i want to stretch the game out to reach the 3840x1080 resolution(the entire map(just like the desktop photo, it is one picture).

But i am fine with leaving this open.

who knows.

Thanks for the replays anyways.