njboy13

What was the last movie you saw?

Please post more than just the title, say what it's about, how you like it, and if you would recommend it. And please use spoilers where appropriate.

I'll start:

The last Movie I saw was "Everybody's Fine". It was the first movie I've seen in about 6 years that actually brought a tear to my eye, and that was Ladder 49 to be exact.

It starts out, with Frank Goode (Robert De Niro) planning a get together with all four of his kids, David, Rosie, Amy, and Robert Goode. They all end up cancelling on him. So he goes to the doctor, and the doctor says

that with his respiratory and cardiac problems, he should not travel, especially by plane
. David decides to travel anyway, but he is sure to take his medication. So David packs up everything, including one envelope for each of his kids. He first goes to New York to see his son, David in New York City. He presses the buzzer for his son's apartment,
but there is no answer, so after a few hours of waiting, he slips the envelope for David under the door, and rights a note that says "David, I wanted to surprise you, but you weren't home! I'll call you soon. Love,Dad

Next he went to see his daughter, Amy, in Chicago. she is surprised by his visits, and David says that he plans to stay for a day or too. She denies, saying that she has to drive to Springfield to pitch her idea, and her husband has to take a business trip to Europe. He giver her the envelope, and tells her not to open it until she leaves.

David took off in the Morning, to go see his son, Robert, in Denver. Robert is a drummer in a symphony Orchestra. David comes during their rehearsal. Again, David plans on staying overnight, but Robert denies, saying that they are going on tour in Europe the next day, and they have to pack that night. David leaves the note for Robert, and leaves later that afternoon to continue to Las Vegas, to see his other daughter, Rosie.

What none of the children had told their father about, was that David the son,

moved out of his New York apartment months ago, and is in Mexico, in jail for being caught with drugs in a bar

On the way to Las Vegas, David has to get off of the train in an unknown urban location. As he walks down a hall way, he sees a homeless man, laying on the ground coughing. David stops, and asks if he is alright, the man makes no eye contact with David. David asks if he needs money for food, the man says yes, and David gives him $20.00, and the man walks away. As the man walks away, David says "You could say Thank you, I just gave you money". The man comes back toward David, and said, "You know, you're right, and

I bet you got a couple hundred dollars there". The man tries to get Davids Wallet, and during their fight, David's bottle of Medication falls out and rolls on the ground. The man fails at getting the wallet, and backs away, then sees the Medication bottle. David says "No please, that's my medication, I'll die without it." The man replies: "Oh yeah, maybe that's better for everybody." and steps on the medication bottle, crushing the medication into just a blue powder. David collects the powder, and puts it in his pocket.

He finally arrives in Las Vegas, meets Rosie, and they go on with their talking. David decides to leave the next morning, by plane since he has no more medication.

Before going thru security, he gives Rosie her envelope.

The next scene shows him midflight in the plane.

He is breathing heavily
and asks the flight attendant how much longer the flight will be, and asks for a cup of water. She says 45 minutes but possibly longer because they will have to fly around the storm. David then rushes into the bathroom,
still breathing heavily
, and he splashes water into his face. After a few miuntes, a flight attendant finally breaks open the door, to find David
Breathing very heavy, sitting on the toilet seat, and beginning to lose consciousness

The next scene, shows his airplane parked at the gate, with stiars going up to the main exit,

an ambulance parked next to it, with David being taken into the ambulance on a stretcher.

He then wakes up in a hospital room, he sees Rosie, Amy, and Robert. They say he had a

mild heart attack
. He asks where David is. The girls are in tears, and Robert finally reveals that David(The son) is
dead. When he was being arrested, he ate and swallowed the drugs, and later died.

Finally David returns back to his home in Florida, going through all of the mail that has collected in his mailbox while he was gone. He gets to a big yellow envelope, unwraps it, and finds that it is all of his son David's mail. He finds the envelope he left at his son's apartment, and opens it. It says

"see you at Christmas?" with a picture of the children at Christmas when they were young
.. All of his children had the exact same note and picture in their envelope.

Finally it gets to Christmas, the whole family (excluding David the son) is finally together. David and Robert are hanging lights at the edges of the roof, while Rosie is throwing snowballs at Robert, and Amy is inside cooking.

At dinner, that is where all the children reveal to their dad what they had been hiding: Rosie

actually has a baby, but no husband, and she is not an actress with a lead role like she told her father, she is a waitress, and can't decide weather she likes men or women.
Robert
isn't a symphony orchestra conductor like he told his father, he is just the drummer, and he really wasn't going on tour to Europe, he just didn't want to be with him.
and
Amy also had a husband and a son, but the son and husband fight all the time, because there is another woman. and Amy has also found a new man

Overall it was a very good and sad movie. As I said, it is the first movie in 6 years that really brought a tear to my eye, and I would highly recommend it.

Saw Into the Wild last week. It's a good roadmovie and based on a real story. I would recommend it.

Also saw Public Enemies. Good, pleasant movie and a nice story. I would only recommend it if you like the theme though.

Saw Crank 2: High Voltage yesterday. If you really liked Crank you will like this one too, but I wouldn't recommend it.

The last movie I saw was Paranormal Activity. It is about a couple, the female of which has been haunted for years and years. They set up a video camera to record some of the events that transpire, such as

footsteps in the night,
and
the door closing randomly in the middle of the night,
and
the girl being ripped out of bed by an unseen force, and dragged down the hall screaming
. It was quite interesting, in a Cloverfield/Blair Witch Project POV. Mostly believeable, especially when
the girl stands staring at the man from 0300 to 0645,
and
when he buys a wigi board
. All in all, I give it a 8.5/10 :)

Also saw Public Enemies. Good, pleasant movie and a nice story. I would only recommend it if you like the theme though.

Saw Crank 2: High Voltage yesterday. If you really liked Crank you will like this one too, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Speaking of Public enemies, my girlfriends cousin is like madly obsessed with Johnny Depp, and she now owns a promo poster thats about 8 or 9 feet tall for that movie.

Your one of the first people to say something positive of Crank 2. I might give it a shot.

Just watched Orphan a bit ago. A family adopts a little Orphan girl who seems sweet and innocent but she causes all kinds of problems that get blamed on the mother. It's really really twisted and one of the better horror movies in some time.

Speaking of Public enemies, my girlfriends cousin is like madly obsessed with Johnny Depp, and she now owns a promo poster thats about 8 or 9 feet tall for that movie.

Your one of the first people to say something positive of Crank 2. I might give it a shot.

Just watched Orphan a bit ago. A family adopts a little Orphan girl who seems sweet and innocent but she causes all kinds of problems that get blamed on the mother. It's really really twisted and one of the better horror movies in some time.

If you like Crank (the first one), you will like this one too... kinda...

when he buys a wigi board

lools i loved that movie

btw you spelled "ouija" wrong

last movie i saw was Dead Space: Extraction (for the 7th time (literally lol)

is an animated movie thats the prequel to the game Dead Space and its really asesome. recommended for people who like Horror

lools i loved that movie

btw you spelled "ouija" wrong

same thing :P I googled it (and, freakishly enough, when I did, someone knocked on my door, scaring the SH*T out of me...) and it said "wigi" lol I'l put that in my mental file... ouija, ouija, ouija... :P

A movie I must recommend, is: "Volcano." It's a good old one based in LA (LA Mod mission ? hmmm :P jks) and starts Tommy Lee Jones:P

volcano-main-poster1.jpg

Last movie I saw was "12 Rounds"

The mvoie is about a terrorist who is out to seek revenge on police officer for

causing the death of his girlfriend during his initial arrest
. The terrorist has
kidnapped the officer's wife
and the officer has to complete 12 Rounds to win, hence the name. The tasks vary from
getting to a fire station his brother works at
to something more extreme like
stopping a tram crashing into a marketplace
. It's really just a rip-off of the Die Hard movies.

I originally thought this was going to be another typical rubbish Hollywood action movie, but it did have some minor details that I enjoyed, like a bomb disposal unit

checking if the deposit box with the next instructions in it had a trap
or how there's police cars driving to the next area and not being blown up by some terrorist with the shooting skills of god.

Before that was Every which way but loose. Featuring Clint Eastwood :happy:

edit: I probably really suck at spoiler tags

I saw The Hangover too, but didn't really like it. Maybe I was in the wrong mood or something. :P

Hoppah

lol it wasnt the funniest movie Ive seen, but it was good.