2Bells Gaming

Fort Erie/Buffalo PRIVATE mod

Guest Merritt Long

The Bflo Fire Department does NOT use tillers anymore all former tiller's have been replaced with either rear mount or the mid mount given to ladder 7

Guest Francis

For people who reported this as inactive:

I will not lock the topic because there is simply no need to. If the topic starter comes back, then of course he will provide news and updates. But for now, there is no need to post anymore. :)

Well, hello one and all. I sincerely appologise for my absence, I've had a hell *cough* sorry, HECK of a time with my computer. The memory is full, so it's been shipped away to be cleaned. I hope my mod isn't lost, what with MANY MANY hours of sweat, coffee, boredom and pissed off girlfriend nagging in my ear having gone into it... :P lol right now i'm running a dinosaur of a computer (Windows 98 :/ ) that has to be turned on and off by crossing wires (yes, I can also do the same trick to cars). So, needless to say, this heap is completely useless. WHEN I get my mod back *crosses fingers* I will put into place the WONDERFUL new ideas that have come to me by the thousands, and will update as I can.

SOME news I CAN give you:

1) Mr(?). Merritt Long has provided me with some absolutely outstanding information along the lines of Unit Numbering, etc, for the WNY Police Services, so I plan to convert the following:

1) LAPD -> Buffalo Police

2) LASD -> Erie County Sherriff

3) CHP -> New York State Police

4) LAAP -> NFTA (Niagara Frontier Transit Authority) Police

5) LAPP -> USCBP (United States Customs and Border Protection)

Also, I've planned to reskin ALL the fire trucks into BFD, and I've got some really good pictures of Rural/Metro Flycars (EMS Supervisor type deals) to get them looking better, and I've been researching LED lighting, etc, so I've got a few ideas with them to toy with.

I'm REALLY hoping to have my computer back within a week or so, and now that I'm out of school, I can devote even more time to it :)

I appreciate all the interest in my mod, and feel free to email me to ask any questions or voice any concerns :)

Thanks again guys,

Eli

Edited by FortErieFireEli

Anyone want some good news?? I've gotten my computer back, re-installed the game, fixed the game, and am in the proccess of re-installing the FortErie/Buffalo version of the LA Mod :D Hopefully I'll get some new screenshots up of some cool new work I've got planned :)

Update: 5 MAY 10

I am happier than a pig in sh*t for the simple reason of having my mod back :D A Few kinks I'm still trying to work around:

1) I can't seem to get an internet connection on my good computer

2) my Floppy disks won't work (My p.o.s. computer that will run the internet doesn't have a USB port lol)

So, as soon as I can figure out either of the two problems, I'll post some pics of my enhanced Buffalo Fire Rescue 1 (USAR), my Buffalo Police Slicktop (LAPD Slicktop) and my enhanced Ambulances. I'll also show my new Paramedics, EMT's, Fire Fighters, EMS Captain, etc. :)

Cheers :)

Eli

EDIT: WOOOHOOO!!!! I've worked around my first problem!! My good computer (the one with the game on it) is back up and running!! :D I'm gonna see what I can do about getting some new pics up for y'all :)

EDIT2: Damn!! :( I can't seem to get fraps working for some reason :/ I'm still trying tho guys :)

Edited by FortErieFireEli

Guest beefy26

Unfortunately, Buffalo Fire had phased out all of their tillers.... They've got mainly 110' American Lafrance/LTI Rear-Mount Towers. They've still got some older trucks, Ladders 4, 10, 13, 15 have 'older' trucks. Ladder 4's isn't overly old, but its a stright-stick. No bucket.. Ladder 10's got an older straight-stick, as does Ladder 13. Ladder 15's got an older tower, used to be Ladder 7.

Ladders 2, 5, 6 and 7 are all American LaFrance, 2 and 6 are rear-mount towers, 5 is a rear-mount straight-stick, and 7's a mid-mount tower (kinda like Fort Erie Ladder 1).

As for Engines, they're almost unanimously American Lafrance Eagle Pumpers. Engines 1, 2, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 31, 34 and 35 are all the new Eagle. Engine 4 is an old pierce still in the retro all red paint scheme. Engines 3, 22, and 32 are older Pierces, in the White over Red scheme. Engine 20 is the oldest ACTIVE fire apparatus in the world, the Fire Boat Edward M. Cotter. Engine 36 is also an Eagle pumper, forgot to mention that ;p

Rescue 1 is a 2006 American Lafrance Eagle Heavy Rescue. It is hands down my favourite truck. It cost the Buffalo FD something like $6 million once they had all the equipment, etc... HazMat 1 is a Pierce. Don't know the year/model.

The Batttalion Chiefs (B4-3, B4-4, B4-6 and B4-7) and Division Cheif (B5-6) Drive new Suburbans. The EMS Lieutenant (F20) drives a new Tahoe. There are also several specialized trucks, like the Fire Marshals (F11), Air Trucks (F7, F8, and F9) and so on ;p

But, I believe the last Tiller to be replaced was Ladder 5, quartered at Seneca and Swan with Engine 32. There's actually a video of Ladder 5 Tiller Training (shot from the tiller) on wowmephotos.com . Go into the Fire Videos section, and you'll find it.

Hope this helps ;)

Eli

L15 is geting a new truck L13 justgot a new one :8:

L15 is geting a new truck L13 justgot a new one :8:

Holy F*CK!! I just checked it out on Wow Me Photos! That is a freaking amazing truck!! Congrat's to the guys of T13!! That thing looks AWESOME!!! Do you know the make/model? It looks like a Rosenbauer... And is 15 getting the same? They're due for an upgrade... As is Truck 10....

Hoping not to get shot for double posting, I'd like to ask a question.. Does anyone know how to get a program to take screenshots in game other than Fraps? Fraps, even after at LEAST 5 re-installs, still doesn't like me, and won't save anything... So, if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd LOVE to show my updated Rescue 1, R/M 557, my new Division Chief's SUV, etc... Thanks one and all :)

Guest beefy26

Holy F*CK!! I just checked it out on Wow Me Photos! That is a freaking amazing truck!! Congrat's to the guys of T13!! That thing looks AWESOME!!! Do you know the make/model? It looks like a Rosenbauer... And is 15 getting the same? They're due for an upgrade... As is Truck 10....

15 is not geting a alf cuz the americn la france plant in hamburg closed and 13 is crimson

if only... :) But, I fully agree with Hoppah's refusal to allow reskins. I'd do the same thing if I spent that much time and effort one a mod :)

I'll post some pics of my personnel changes later on, bad weather right now..

[edit] Ok, I've decided to throw the pics up of the new USAR... I'm gonna try to change it so the helmet isn't in the model... that really throws it off :(

post-3147-1260414336.jpg

Sorry they're hard to see :(

Hey with hoppah not modding u can release this but u have to say that u used most of his things. so would u release it? I would like to play it. thanks for ur hard work man.

So, I'm sure I'm starting to burn bridges with my empty promises of updates... my problems are as follows:

Very few of my Internet Company's employees speak proper English, and, being from a military background, that pisses me off to no end. As a result, anytime I have to call them, I end up yelling at someone. Long story short, they refused to reconnect my service, and I couldn't get another ISP because they changed some wires or something when the hooked me up the last time... well, here ya go <undisclosed internet service provider>! I worked out a deal with my neighbour! HA! lol

Also, Fraps, for whatever reason, doesn't like me either. It would not take a darn screenshot if I took it out to dinner first. My only option around that is to load the editor, load my mod, hit printscreen, close the mod, open paint, past, save, repeat... my computer's aging (almost as fast as I am), and is starting to slow down... so that's taking longer than it should...

If y'all continue to have patience, I'll continue to try to work around it.

To keep hope alive, here's some updates (HOPEFULLY I'll get some pictures up soon)

1) I've edited a lot of the engines so they appear more like American LaFrance (17 of Buffalo's 19 are ALF)

2) I've got 8 of the 9 Ladders BFD uses in game and playable

3) I've changed Rescue 1 (the USAR) completely. It's got the box of FDNY R1 (from the NY mod) and the Cab of one of my ALF Engines, so its closer to Buffalo R1

4) I have all 4 Battalion Chiefs and the Division Chief in game, and the Batt's can don their SCBA. Each has their own vehicle, too.

5) I have the Fire Commissioner in game, with his black Tahoe

6) I have 8 different box style ambulances, and 4 van types. some have LED's, some have rotators, and two or three mod-busses have strobes

7) I have 6 Rural/Metro flycars (EMS Supervisor, essentially) in game. I also added EMTs, who wear a black Rural/Metro uniform, and there's the standard medics, who wear a dark blue Rural/Metro uniform. I made the EMS Captain kinda like an administrator for R/M, who wears the dark blue pants and a white shirt...

8) all CHP have been converted to NY State Police, with 4 cars, a slicktop car, slicktop Tahoe and Tahoe with LED bar

9) LASD has been changed into Erie County Sherriff's, with 3 regular cars, two slicktops, slicktop Tahoe, Tahoe with LED bar, and the Ford Explorer SaR thingy. Oh! And the Transport Van is ECSO as well. Also, there's now the standard Sherriff's Deputy, a Traffic Vest Version, and a Tac Vest Version. I also added a Sherriff Unit, who wears the hat like the CHP guys

10) I have 4 SWAT unmarked units (default staffing is two plain clothes police officers, who, on donning Tac Vest, become SWAT Officers) and 3 unmarked detectives units (staffed with one male and one female officers)

11) back to the Fire side of things: I also have B4-1 (Safety Officer) in game with his car and B5-5 (Special Ops Chief) and his unit in game. They serve no special purpose for game play, but, if you're like me and like to have a 'Command Post' at a large fire, they looke pretty good standing around smoking a cigar lol

12) on that note, I have added a Mobile Command Post (fictional) off the ATF Command Post, and stole the NY Mod's Negotiation vehicle to be a Mobile Communications Unit to augment comms at a large incident (also fictional)

13) keeping with the fictional note, I got a little tired of the same old HazMat truck, so, I added a two piece HazMat 2. The main rig has the NY Mod's ESU Heavy Rescue, repainted, and the second piece runs the ESU pick-up thingy. Both can deploy HazMat Decon Tents, so, I use them quite a bit lol

14) lastly, or, all I can think of right now, I edited the infos for the chiefs, the engines, ladders, and most of the other fire units, to where their real fire house is, and who's with them. The exception is HazMat 2 and HazMat 2A, who I threw in with Engine 35 and Ladder 15.

As I said, I think that's all, or, at least, that's most recent. I've completely redone ALL the Skins on the fire trucks, NY State Police, State Trooper, Erie County Sherriffs Office Cars and Deputies, all the Ambulances, pretty much everything...

I hope to have you screenshots soon, I'm still working, I haven't forgotten about you guys :P

Cheers!

Eli

Sounds like you've been busy with this. I look forward to seeing the new fire vehicles and the NYSP vehicles, always seemed to be one of my favorite american state police forces.

I work on it at least four or five days a week, at least an hour at a time... I actually just finished modifying an ambulance...

Wow, you've really been working on this! Very good, I'll download as soon as it comes out!

I have been, and it's been a LONG and frustrating proccess... But, as of right now, I'm unsure if I'm going to release this for download or not... I have changed so much, and there are so many things that just don't function... the Wye's don't work.. well, they do, but, you can't pick them up for some reason, so your truck's are stuck, with sucks... there's a bunch that still needs work, and, even then, I'm just not sure.... I haven't done NEARLY enough to classify this as a mod... submod, well, maybe, as I HAVE changed some of the actual model files.... I'm working on seperate sound files for the 4 battalion chiefs and the Division Chief, but, its still up in the air... I don't want to disappoint you, but, I wanna give you the heads up that, I'm still unsure if it WILL be available for download.....

OMG I was sooooo hoping you didnt bail on this I seriously cant wait. I have pics of the new engines for you if ya need em let me know

Honestly, after Emergency 3 with the LA Mod when I did some lighting, to modding LA Mod V1.8 for 911:FR, then having to redo EVERYTHING when 1.9 cam out, then losing my mod and starting from scratch AGAIN when 2.0 was released and I got my computer working again, I have backed this mod up more times than I care to think about. I can't let this thing go... it's like its my child... I can only wonder how Hoppah feels about HIS mod... whew! lol And I appreciate the offer, but, I've got one better ;) I was riding with Buffalo Fire and got to see the rigs in person... God they really are gorgeous... I rode with Engine 2 a day or two before they made the change-over... little irked about that one... but, so goes life... just like how I rode with Engine 37 and Ladder 4 until 3:30 one morning, and I made it home about 5 minutes after Ladder 4 went on the Second Alarm to the Ohio Street Junkyard Fire... it's the "Ride-A-Long Curse," as the Rescue Lieutenant told me Tuesday.... lol I'm gonna PM you, I got a couple questions for ya!

Cheers Guys,

Eli

TAAAAA DAAAAA!!!! I've got some pictures, just a few right now because, well, honestly, because I'm a tease :P

post-3147-0-11235000-1316839337.png

Clockwise from the bottom left: Ladder 7 (Midmount), Ladder 2, Ladder 15, Ladder 6, Ladder 10, Ladder 14 (With 'fan' on bumper'), and on top is Tiller Ladder 5. Ladder 5 now has a 105' rear-mount straight stick bu American LaFrance, but, it was the last aerial to be replaced from the days of the tillers, so, I'm keeping it as a Tiller to pay tribute to the days Buffalo Fire had the tillers...

post-3147-0-84919400-1316839642.png

Buffalo Fire Ladder 7. American LaFrance Midmount tower-ladder. The aerial does not work on this truck at this time...

post-3147-0-89123600-1316839802_thumb.pn

Buffalo Fire Ladder 14. I added a hose reel to the bumper to simulate the fan Ladder 14's got on the bumper of their rig

post-3147-0-23253000-1316839895.png

Buffalo Fire Ladder 10. Note the mini-rotator light-bars and the mini-bar on the grille...

post-3147-0-00262800-1316839993.png

Buffalo Fire Engine 2. I've rode in this truck in real life, and this truck is almost perfect

post-3147-0-29329000-1316840068_thumb.pn

Buffalo Fire Engine 37. The OTHER engine i've ridden in... I have better models for the LED Mini-bars, it's just a matter of getting around to changing it...

post-3147-0-80351100-1316840171_thumb.pn

My Rural/Metro fleet... front row, left to right: Medic 1, Medic 9, Medic 10, 952, Medic 12, Medic 13, Medic 15. Middle, Left to Right: Erie County ESU suv (SaR dog suv), ILS 251, BLS 252, BLS 256, BLS 259, and Erie County Medical Center SMART (Specialized Medical Assistance Response Team [Trauma Doc]) 2 (replaces Red Cross H2). Rear, Left to Right: BLS 515, BLS 524, ILS 541, BLS 547, ALS 557, BLS 563, ALS 569, BLS 575. And in the back back, Mobile Command Post 653

And Finally (for now):

post-3147-0-49866300-1316840495_thumb.pn

Buffalo Fire Rescue 1. This truck is a combination of FDNY Rescue 1 (from the NY Mod) and the LA USAR rig. This truck took me 2 1/2 hours to get into a decent shape, and I've spent at MINIMUM 6 hours total on this truck, perfecting it. Over the rear doors of the cab, it says In Memory of: Lt C. McCarthy. Lt Charles "Chip" McCarthy and Firefighter Jonathan Croom (of Ladder 7) passed away in the Line of Duty on August 24th. 2009 at a 3 Alarm fire at Bailey and Genesee... This truck is my tribute to Lt Chip McCarthy. I have plans to turn Truck 7 into Firefighter Croom's memorial

Stay tuned for more to come!! I'll probably have more after I get back from Engine 37 tomorrow!

Cheers!

Eli