Maffegozer

Wuppertal Modification

never use google translate

ther are still lots and lots of german pieces of text.

in a short way:

they wanted to make a map that is 1:1 scale, but in emergency 4 a script has a limit in it's kB

so if they make it bigger you get an error and possibly a crash.

the whole system works but the map isn't

i hope this is english enough ^^

That was actually pretty good english. :)

yeah, but the problem is, there's a maximum!

patch 1.4 would solve that problem.

There not going to release the mod because they can't make a map as big as they would like? Thats the most rediculious thing I have ever heard

I dont think its blackmail but none the less I agree with the general idea.

its like they are trying to black mail 16 tonnes into releasing a patch, but its like blackmailing a president with photos of him sleeping with his own wife, its not going to really effect them. They can't make the mod exactly how they want, so they're throwing their rattles out of the pram and the modding community and their fans are the victims.

Hopefully they'll realise they can't force companies to do things for free, and will release the mod.

Pertition could of been a good idea, but the way wuppertal mod has gone about this is very silly.

Sounds to me like they have simply contacted sixteen tons about making a 4th patch to open up the range of mods. It sounds like Sixteen tons is interested in the general idea, and this could possibly bring more people to buy EM4 hints more money for Sixteen Tons, and more money is more money.

However Sixteen tons has showed dedication to this game. Its come along way from the old games, and perhaps these events could lead to Sixteen Tons realizing the posibility of how much money they could make by releasing an EM5. I wonder what there top selling game is?

Hello,

Today I saw on www.emergency4.nl that the Wuppertal mod will end and never be released, only when a Patch 1.4 will come, the mod can be released.

This is because of:

Deutsch (sorry):

Unsere Idee, die wir "MapChange" nannten, brachte uns die Möglichkeit, insgesamt an die 100 verschiedene Einsatzkarten zu erstellen. Somit wäre ein Großteil der Wuppertaler Schauplätze 1:1 umsetzbar gewesen. Das System funktionierte gut, bis wir merkten, dass Emergency 4 einen dermaßen katastrophalen Fehler hatte, der für uns nicht kompensierbar war. Und zwar hat der Scriptinterpreter das Problem, dass bei einer gewissen Scriptgröße (KB Zahl) ein Fehler erzeugt wird, welcher zu einem kompletten Absturz von EM 4 führt.

Google Translate (english):

Our idea, which we called Mapchange ", brought us to a total of about 100 different applications to create maps. Somit wäre ein Großteil der Wuppertaler Schauplätze 1:1 umsetzbar gewesen. Thus, much of the venues in Wuppertal 1:1 would have been feasible. Das System funktionierte gut, bis wir merkten, dass Emergency 4 einen dermaßen katastrophalen Fehler hatte, der für uns nicht kompensierbar war. The system worked well until we realized that Emergency had so 4 is a catastrophic mistake that we could not be compensated. Und zwar hat der Scriptinterpreter das Problem, dass bei einer gewissen Scriptgröße (KB Zahl) ein Fehler erzeugt wird, welcher zu einem kompletten Absturz von EM 4 führt. And although the script interpreter has the problem that) for a certain script size (KB number, an error is generated, which leads to a complete crash of EM 4th Das Mapchange führte somit, sobald man einen Kartenwechsel machte, unweigerlich zu einem Totalabsturz des Programms. The Mapchange thus resulted, as soon as we made a map change, inevitably lead to a Totalabsturz the program.

Wuppertal Modification < source.

Wuppertal Modification is talking to Sixteen Tons, and they have got a meeting, where they will discuss about a possible Patch 1.4

Patch 1.4 would solve above problem,.

Also announced, that if a Patch 1.4 is released. the Wuppertal Modification can still end.. this because of 2 members of the modding team leaving, Sebastion and Fabio, Fabio is their main scripter, and without him, wuppertal would not be as far as they would be now.

Those leaving keeps only 2 members left: Ben and Phillip.

Lets hope that Wuppertal Modification will get the Patch 1.4, and that Fabio and Sebastion will not leave.

Please discuss here....

Regards, Maffegozer.

Hi! Can you tell me where I can download patch 1.4? Can you put me for your friend and if you can, please answer me by personal message!!!!

Hi! Can you tell me where I can download patch 1.4? Can you put me for your friend and if you can, please answer me by personal message!!!!

If you don't read a forum, and post a post (lol). I think that's the same as playing a teamsport on your own.

Especially when it's a *noob* post.

lol...

(can you make a extra group: *NOOBS*, and put users who always post stupid posts in it) <<< ugh like me...

Hello,

I bring BAD news:

The mod is dead.. they made the announce ment on their forum...

unfortunately we have to tell you honestly that the Wuppertal modification, as it was planned and constructed in the last 20 months, can no longer be continued and will thus first time fully laid out on the ice. What led to these decisions and backgrounds who happen to come here, we try to bring you in this mail is now closer.

They have announced that you can apply to help with a NEW project.

Which is still unknown, to us, and to them...

To contact them, follow this link: link

As they now have 2 important team members leaving... they will be on the look for some team members.

Full Message: link

Regards, Maffegozer.

I think there are being a bit stupid because they have put a lot of work into the mod and just because they can't get everything they want they cancel it.

I don't see why they don't just release a simple version of it.

I think it might be more because they lost 2 mod members.

Hello,

I bring BAD news:

The mod is dead.. they made the announce ment on their forum...

unfortunately we have to tell you honestly that the Wuppertal modification, as it was planned and constructed in the last 20 months, can no longer be continued and will thus first time fully laid out on the ice. What led to these decisions and backgrounds who happen to come here, we try to bring you in this mail is now closer.

They have announced that you can apply to help with a NEW project.

Which is still unknown, to us, and to them...

To contact them, follow this link: link

As they now have 2 important team members leaving... they will be on the look for some team members.

Full Message: link

Regards, Maffegozer.

Im a bit lost for the simple fact no where does it say that they were denied there request for sixteen tons to produce a 1.4 patch, and it seems to come rather quickly after the initial announcement.

Okay, from what I read of the second transcript, and bearing in mind both are translations, which I forgot to on my last post, oops. It looks like

1. - map problems held back mod

2. - two members of the mod grow tired of the mod holding up on one problem, although talks with 16 tonnes took place

3. - sixteen tonnes talked, people with the skills most likely too busy on over projects, and by the looks of the amount of sixteen tonne products, probably work for other developers,

4. - Official announcement we are reading now that the mod has stopped, canceled, due to lack of help from sixteen tonnes and two members leaving.

So what should wuppertal do, start a petition, not anyone else.

What am I not sure of, is the mod never going to be released, or is that bad translation?

But generally speaking, as stan is trying to say I think, the English saying of "It's all hot hair", meaning, all words, not much actually happening, still stands.

After looking at it, and I can't figure how you put the date. It's either 5/12/09 or 12/5/09. I'm seeing that they say their stopping, but, w/ the effort put into it, who knows. 16 tons of bs may come out with a patch, and they may continue once it's out. If the 16 tons of bs decides on that.

After looking at it, and I can't figure how you put the date. It's either 5/12/09 or 12/5/09. I'm seeing that they say their stopping, but, w/ the effort put into it, who knows. 16 tons of bs may come out with a patch, and they may continue once it's out. If the 16 tons of bs decides on that.

16 tons will not...

Wuppertal discussed with them... if 1.4 would come out... the mod wouldn't be dead.

And they would know 1.4 would be coming...

I've seen what the Wegberg mod did with the "Map swap", that was the main wuppertal mod problem. Now it's solved, and it makes me sad knowing that many members left the project

I also wonder why they didnt released this freeplay:

seems quite good and done to me.