Grim_Wizard

Lotsa freakey calls

Hey I'm at the library because I have recently gotten married and moved into a new house (Hopefully it won't end up like my apartment- A cinder) and would just like to say that due to monetary issues I do not have internet at my new house. I will be getting a new iPod touch soon so I'll probobly drop by then.

ANyways back to the topic.

I've had a lot of freakey calls recently.

A blast blew a 1,000 sq. foot hole in a middle school

A 14 year old got caught in a wood chipper and was made into mince meat. (That was the first call I have ever fainted on)

And a DUI case that was so bad the liscense plate from the drunk guy's car was found in the vic's back seat. it traveled through the glove box.

Anyone else noticing changes in their calls?

Yeah his dad who was "Supervising" (By reading playboys in his office) is being charged with manslaughter I believe. Oh and while responding to the Middle school my best friend's ambulance got hit by a ford taurus.

AND... I got a pay cut due to budget issues.

Oh and the rear view miror on my SUV fell off. =)

If I couldn't laugh stuff like this away I'd suffer from PTSD

Yeah his dad who was "Supervising" (By reading playboys in his office) is being charged with manslaughter I believe. Oh and while responding to the Middle school my best friend's ambulance got hit by a ford taurus.

You know, that just pisses me off to no end. Both cases.

The father.. seriously? W.... T.... F.... how can you allow your son/daughter (<don't wanna offend anyone) to work around a wood chipper, while you're pullin your pud in the office? Like, I hope he feels like SH*T for that!!!!!! :1046276128_motz:

And, how the F**K do you hit an ambulance? Are you deaf and blind? like.. Flashing lights and sirens mean nothing to you?

Sorry. I just had to vent about that...

Yeah well I wished you could tag someone with 1st degree murder in DUIs. The DUI killed the guy in the other car.

He had been fishing and drank too much then went down the wrong side of the highway at 80 mph. He had like 4 priors and a suspended license.

If you know the effects of alcohol on your body, you know it's not right, you're by yourself, you have no other way of getting home, and you decide to go home in a car without a license that shows premeditation, you have considered the consequences and well understood what you were doing and you killed someone, even though you didn't intend to you are guilty of premeditational murder.

Still I've seen worse when I lived in East LA and when I lived in NYC durring 9/11 the most wonderful times of my life. Not.

@ambulance the man was really elderly and went through a yellow light, it was so close to the school that you couldn't really make out the individual sirens, no one was really badly injured.

And it was a he that went through the chipper.

How the hell did that kid end up in the wood chipper? And why does the dad get charged for manslaughter? Did he push him into the wood chipper or something? If he was really reading at his office and not paying attention to his son, I'd say he should be charged with neglect.

Hoppah

Ohh man I had the most awesomest call two days ago. So C shift's commander wasn't back yet so I had to ride in my old rig. With everyone but Q3 M71 and TRS3 we got a call of a person stuck in a 180ft tree, so we go out all three remaining vehicals, blasting through rush hour traffic and get to this tree and we get there sirens blazing lights flashing and this older lady comes over and says "My cat is stuck up about 10 ft and I can't get her to come down, can you help me out.

I tried keeping a straight face but I coulden't. Funniest call an ambulance an quint and a rescue truck out for a cat in a tree classics never die.

@Hops The Dad gave the kid some work to do and it was rather dangerous and appearently the dad had a history of stuff kinda like that. Supervising without doing anything.

How the hell did that kid end up in the wood chipper? And why does the dad get charged for manslaughter? Did he push him into the wood chipper or something? If he was really reading at his office and not paying attention to his son, I'd say he should be charged with neglect.

Hoppah

I'm not sure if there was a law saying you must be 18 or over to operate the chipper then it could be manslaughter. It would be murder if he pushed him in.It would probably be gross negligence manslaughter. It could also be corporate manslaughter, if he was working in a company .It depends on a lot of stuff.

This was in America right?

I really am not too engrossed in the case but I may have to go to court because I was 1st on scene.

Another...

I was eating at KFC (COmmon it's not like I don't work out) and this massive blob of a woman comes trundduling in.

After 30 minutes she ate four chicken breasts and was really panting. THen she started complaining of angina, (Chest pains for all you not know it alls out there) I radioed for an ALS and when I was finished she had the most massive heart attack I have EVER seen. We had to call for THe nightengale it was so bad.