Guest Marc435

Battalion chief v-e-r-y slow to return to base

Guest Marc435

My battalion chief vehicle sometimes does not want to return to FS1... when I hit the "return to station button" it sits there and does nothing... after awhile (sometimes not at all) it will go but will take for ever. Does someone else experience this??? I have LA Mod 1.9.3 with the 1.9.1 prototypes only...

I searched for this topic and could not find anything therefore, if you are going to reply "topic already been discussed" or "try the search option" I would rather no replies at all. (no offence)

Thank you

Marc435 :flagwave:

Does it always happen or only when you send the Battalion Chief car from a particular location on the map? And on which map does it happen, the new freeplay map? Or does it happen on all maps? Did you install any submod?

Personally, I have your new (amazing) freeplay map, with no sub-mods... I've tried it in several areas with no difference. It doesn't matter if the Chief's behind the fire station or near the strip mall, it takes forever to even START moving :wall:

Guest Marc435
Does it always happen or only when you send the Battalion Chief car from a particular location on the map? And on which map does it happen, the new freeplay map? Or does it happen on all maps? Did you install any submod?

I don't have any submods installed unless you consider Prototypes 1.9.1 a submod. I am running your newest map and have 1.9.3 and it always happens... I am glad I am not the only one. :23_31_4:

He might mean the Project Realiy Lights submod. :gruebel:

That might cause the problem, although I wouldn't know why. The Battalion Chief car is working fine here. Why don't people test the mod without ANY submod before posting problems at my door? It's even too hard to go into the details this time. Prototypes 1.9.1, like wtf.

Guest Marc435
That might cause the problem, although I wouldn't know why. The Battalion Chief car is working fine here. Why don't people test the mod without ANY submod before posting problems at my door? It's even too hard to go into the details this time. Prototypes 1.9.1, like wtf.

Prototypes 1.9.1 = Project Reality Lights 1.9.1. That is what the downloaded file is called... I assumed everyone knew that, sorry.

Is it just me that feels this way or does everyone feel as if they are pissing someone off when they post something in this fourm??? I play LA Mod for my personal enjoyement and come on this forum to read about it and the odd time post a question... I feel like I am walking on thin ice every time I post something??? :nixweiss:

Anyway, I will uninstall the PRL and test my Battalion Chief again... thanks for your reply everyone.

Marc435

PS: I reposted this in the Project Reality Lights thread so someone can remove this topic. Thanks

My battalion chief vehicle sometimes does not want to return to FS1... when I hit the "return to station button" it sits there and does nothing... after awhile (sometimes not at all) it will go but will take for ever. Does someone else experience this??? I have LA Mod 1.9.3 with the 1.9.1 prototypes only...

I searched for this topic and could not find anything therefore, if you are going to reply "topic already been discussed" or "try the search option" I would rather no replies at all. (no offence)

Thank you

Marc435 :flagwave:

I know it is not a solution to your problem.

But it can help you a bit.

Step 1: Leave the chief at FS1.

Step 2: Select him and press "CTRL+1"(or 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0) what ever you want.

Now you have a chief as a unit group.

You can leave the chief at the station.

But still use his commands to send out trucks, ambulances or police.

When you get a call, just press 1.

Scroll to the area and use the commands.

(i found this more useful sins i had the same problems with it.

Guest Marc435

I did several "tests" and found why I was having the issue of the battalion chief not wanting to return to base.

First, I uninstalled everything and started over with only LA Mod 1.9 with new map and all 3 patches. It worked fine. :sporty: I then added the Additional Units V 1-0 and it continued to work fine. Third, I added a new script called "Replace Hazmat (station 2) with Watertender" that I found somewhere in here and voila! the battalion chief would not return to base. :nixweiss: I did the uninstall once again, and re-installed 1.9 with new map and 3 patches and it was working good once again. I tried installing another script I d/loaded from the same thread called "Replace hazmat with HES" and had the same problem.

I concluded that I was experiencing the issue after replacing Hoppah's scripts with someone elses. That is too bad because I loved having the watertender at FS2 instead of Hazmat which I never use.

Marc435