Guest mlsmith45

Traffic Cones

Guest mlsmith45

Hi everyone,

I've been getting frustrated with huge traffic tie-ups. I have been using police officers to re-direct traffic around collisions and the burning car. But what do traffic cones do? And how should you use them in the game?

Hi everyone,

I've been getting frustrated with huge traffic tie-ups. I have been using police officers to re-direct traffic around collisions and the burning car. But what do traffic cones do? And how should you use them in the game?

Traffic Control in the game, just like in real life, is a difficult thing to manage. The cones themselves are simply road blocks that stop traffic where they are placed. Where they become most useful is at the beginning of an incident when you don't want to necessarily turn traffic around and block BOTH lanes, but want to just stop traffic and keep the opposing lanes open for your responders.

For example at a Structure Fire

- First in engine gets on scene, and you put cones North and South of the incident to leave space for your engines, trucks and other apparatus to file in. If you direct traffic around or turn them around, you effectively block both sides of the road and you don't want that. This way everyone can respond in, set up, and you can have PD handle traffic diversions once you are all set up

Another example is to mark off a landing zone...

On some of the major accidents you might want to bring a helicopter or more then one in, by placing 3 cones down you can even stop your own units from parking and they will divert around the cones keeping that lane/area open.

Remember, you not only have PD for traffic control, but you can call the CALTRANS van with its arrowstick on the back. One thing I've found to be helpful is if I have a large column of cars I need to turn around, I will drop a cone about 5-6 cars back and have an officer just turn the first 5 cars then work back to the cone and start turning those until I get to a natural turn spot like the intersection. This gives me a good buffer and I dont completely tie up both lanes of traffic in case I need an emergency response through the area. Afterall, once they turn around, they're subject to red lights, and you can end up with both lanes completely filled and unable for emergency traffic to get through.

lol we had big discussion about this recently, and decided that its probably not do-able (or if it is, then very hard to implement)

Yea.. Some mod teams have figured it out in either stopped or upcoming mods.

Traffic Control in the game, just like in real life, is a difficult thing to manage. The cones themselves are simply road blocks that stop traffic where they are placed. Where they become most useful is at the beginning of an incident when you don't want to necessarily turn traffic around and block BOTH lanes, but want to just stop traffic and keep the opposing lanes open for your responders.

For example at a Structure Fire

- First in engine gets on scene, and you put cones North and South of the incident to leave space for your engines, trucks and other apparatus to file in. If you direct traffic around or turn them around, you effectively block both sides of the road and you don't want that. This way everyone can respond in, set up, and you can have PD handle traffic diversions once you are all set up

Another example is to mark off a landing zone...

On some of the major accidents you might want to bring a helicopter or more then one in, by placing 3 cones down you can even stop your own units from parking and they will divert around the cones keeping that lane/area open.

Remember, you not only have PD for traffic control, but you can call the CALTRANS van with its arrowstick on the back. One thing I've found to be helpful is if I have a large column of cars I need to turn around, I will drop a cone about 5-6 cars back and have an officer just turn the first 5 cars then work back to the cone and start turning those until I get to a natural turn spot like the intersection. This gives me a good buffer and I dont completely tie up both lanes of traffic in case I need an emergency response through the area. Afterall, once they turn around, they're subject to red lights, and you can end up with both lanes completely filled and unable for emergency traffic to get through.

I'd like to add to this. Also, another use for the cones. When you have a medical call, on a busy street, set up 3 cones behind your RA, to make room for you to load the patient. I keep having to do this. That way you don't have to park it up on the sidewalk and make people go into the street. Make sure an engine or P.D arrives first to set up the control zone!

Just like the police barricade and the flares, the traffic cones have no real use besides blocking traffic. You can basically use ANY object to block the traffic. If it was me I'd delete these objects, but I don't want to get beaten to death by LA Mod players. :)

Guest hansardhaulagewillwupyou
Just like the police barricade and the flares, the traffic cones have no real use besides blocking traffic. You can basically use ANY object to block the traffic. If it was me I'd delete these objects, but I don't want to get beaten to death by LA Mod players. :)

lol Hoppah i have a question for ya is it possible to have signs on a maintenence truck that can move and directs traffic to that lane for example??

Guest M1n1d0u

really hard because you need create an animation but i think the simple way is to add two plots and make a crime tape like the road block but you add the person redirect scrcipt to the object

Guest M1n1d0u

who really nice but if you look the video the cone placement it's a script i think it's pretty reallt hard to script this and i think hoppah don't want make this