Commander Rasseru

Letters from Mod Fans.

Lately I got a friendly letter from a Fan who loves "LA Mod". He tells me that he is looking forward to see "Tokyo Mod".

Then he gave me a 10 point list in how to make the Mod better. Most the issues he tells me was how LA Mod has it's problems and to get rid of these problems in Tokyo Mod. Looks like some one wants Tokyo Mod to be better than LA Mod. :loldev:

I may not be to only person from a Mod Group who gets one of these letters. I'm not upset about this letter and I enjoy it a little.

Maybe because I don't get upset. Because I don't get 100 pms a day like Hoppah does.

Surely you guys working on mods and get letters in making your mod better than another mod?

Was there any thing you like about these letters? Funny stories?

Its not really a competition, every mod maker just does their personal best, anyone who makes a mod is doing something great, as a lot of people don't even get past the talking about what mod to make stage.

I have asked for suggestions from people, and had been given a few for different units in the mod. But on the whole, I think people are just looking forward to playing British mods, Coastal Rescue & London Mod. :12:

Its not really a competition, every mod maker just does their personal best, anyone who makes a mod is doing something great, as a lot of people don't even get past the talking about what mod to make stage.

I have asked for suggestions from people, and had been given a few for different units in the mod. But on the whole, I think people are just looking forward to playing British mods, Coastal Rescue & London Mod. :12:

Yes, Its not competition. But it's always good to aim higher than another Mod.

I might take some suggestions. But, what I always looking for is raw data on a idea that's fresh.

People also wish other mods become equal or greater than.... we know who's mod.

Lately I got a friendly letter from a Fan who loves "LA Mod". He tells me that he is looking forward to see "Tokyo Mod".

Then he gave me a 10 point list in how to make the Mod better. Most the issues he tells me was how LA Mod has it's problems and to get rid of these problems in Tokyo Mod. Looks like some one wants Tokyo Mod to be better than LA Mod. :loldev:

I may not be to only person from a Mod Group who gets one of these letters. I'm not upset about this letter and I enjoy it a little.

Maybe because I don't get upset. Because I don't get 100 pms a day like Hoppah does.

Surely you guys working on mods and get letters in making your mod better than another mod?

Was there any thing you like about these letters? Funny stories?

Well i got a strange feeling that you where talking about my mail to u :schreiben:

So let's put that mail in the open so others also get the "info" i posted to you :danke:

1. People don't stay on the side walk(not that they need to)

But they leave there way point. and stop in the middle of the street.(not such a big problem)

Except when that happens on a busy street, it will jam traffic up to next Sunday.

(in the LA mod) i spent almost 45% of the time directing traffic. so my "EM" units can reach the area.

(i fixed that myself now, by looking what units and lanes get jammed. and place officers there to sent traffic of the map).

2. Bridges and underpasses.

If you need to respond on a bridge, or under a bridge, you can kiss that mission good bye.

When you sent a car or person to do something on top of a bridge.

He will walk/drive underneath it. if you finally got him to do what you want, and you completed the mission(or need to sent stretchers back in their ambulances.

They will get confused some times to, and will walk back under the bridge.

3. Busy traffic.

Tokyo has like many major city also 2/3/4lane streets.

In real life when a accident happens, the police will set off 1 lane of that street and redirect traffic to use the other 3/2/1lanes.

I found out that in the current game and mods that is not possible.

you need to stop the traffic of send them back with traffic jams as result,

Because the cars from lane one will just turn in to lane 2, weather there is a car or unit there.)

Maby there is a way for u and your team to change that.

4. Stations.

The way stations in mods are used is just brilliant and i hope to see them when your done to.

Still there could be some troubles with that to.

In the in almost every mod i've played(even the original game)

After a big disaster. you need to send lots of units back to the HQ or station.

The once returning to HQ will do so and without problems.

But the once who need to go to the stations, will jam them selfs upon another.

(In the LA mod for instance. if you sent 4 fire trucks back to the fire station. only one will enter the station, the other 3 will jam up behind the doors of the station.

You (now) must use an inter fall time of a 20/30 seconds or the vehicles will jam.)

5. types of calls.

In EM4 on the free play there isn't lots of variety in accidents.

You get 4 medical calls(stroke, heart attack, suicide, and a combine of traffic/cop calls(like shooting fighting)

4 police calls(robbing, shooting, bombing, hostage)

and 3 fire missions(fire, accident, assist in suicide)

For the support units there is hardly a real call except the traffic light failure.(i'll explain in point 6.)

(correct me if i'm wrong)

but the point would be, this get boring.

To little variety in the game the accidents will happen in a "random" place but still on a defined string(with a random factor on what string it will happen)

i think that to little variety of strings use is the problem of that.

(now i can almost calculate what/where will happen) and already place my units on that spot to do instant call work(mission time give or take 20/30sec).

Use of more strings/higher change rate would remiss that i think.

If you got a string where you can have a traffic accident and also fire/shoplifting what ever, you get a bigger range in what where to use(basic math)

the type of calls you get.. well at this point i did not think about that how i would see that.

but i'll give you some more feedback on that on a later time.

6. In real life there is much more call for the "support" units in the game that sadly never made it into the game.

Think of power failure,

Fallen trees(after lightning strike )

Setting of lanes on the sight of an accident.

Repairing/towing broken cars.

(just to name a few)

i don't know how deep you guys are modding the game.

But if you go that deep maby it is something to think about.

7. The way the game makes use of it's accident/accident formula.

In the game, and every mod i've played so far.(this is the same formula sins EM1 to EM4(including all the mods).

The game calculates what, where and when it is happening(logic)

But it is has a sort of "Safe" Keeping version.

Meaning, if you are fighting of a mayor fire in one part of the city.

Then in the city nothing else will happen, or something small(depending on the call you got first)

(if you got a house block burning) then you will get a call for shoplifting, or stroke/heart attack or something(if any at all)

But the game never allows to have one major fire and a huge traffic accident at the same time.

(or something like that).

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

By the way i did not ment it in a way HOW to make your mod.

I just named a few problems i had found in exciting mods.

So you guy can (try) if you want to.

to take those problems out or avoid them..

Just because you get a few noobs who ask 20 questions and tells you all their wants...

Doesn't means you have to cut off all communication and be a hermit.

Then only popping up every so often on the forum with new ideas. With out mostly a caring or willing to help others than friends.

If people want to communication with you. Then they have to chat to you indirectly from your friend.

It feels very rude when being indirect to others. Then you wonder why you don't get fan letters?

I think that most of the guys on these forum are good :D Hoppah is the king of sarcasm and humor, Stan is very nice, Pyro is nice too, Ami is in the same category with Hoppah and Tim is also a good guy who gave me an answer for every question I had. Sorry for not saying something about other guys but I'm bored :P

I think that most of the guys on these forum are good :D Hoppah is the king of sarcasm and humor, Stan is very nice, Pyro is nice too, Ami is in the same category with Hoppah and Tim is also a good guy who gave me an answer for every question I had. Sorry for not saying something about other guys but I'm bored :P

Ami same category with Hoppah?

I won't label people being the same category. It's different to another person.