Rampage

Reduce loading time

Alright, i've had this mod for some time, and basically, it either takes hours to load, or just doesnt.

Any ideas?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2558MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_40091682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Make sure there is absolutely nothing else running on your computer. It could be that your processor is being worked too hard or there is too little space in RAM. Restart and load only emergency 4.

Make sure there aren't too many unnecessary processes running at startup by:-

1. Going to start --> Run
  2. Type "msconfig" --> click 'OK'
    a window will launch
  3. Go to start-up tab
  4. De-select any items such as iTunes, Adobe Reader etc.
    WARNING: be careful not to de-select vital processes. If you aren’t sure, google it!
  5. Restart

Alright, i've had this mod for some time, and basically, it either takes hours to load, or just doesnt.

Any ideas?

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2558MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0641&SUBSYS_40091682&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Your system is not a slump. I would defag your hdd. I suspect that you have had this game loaded on your system for a while and like me have done a ton of added and removeing mods, changing maps, etc. Start the defag and go and catch a football game. When you return all should be great.

Guest mrpolice1996
Your system is not a slump. I would defag your hdd. I suspect that you have had this game loaded on your system for a while and like me have done a ton of added and removeing mods, changing maps, etc. Start the defag and go and catch a football game. When you return all should be great.

Yesterday i did a defrag and it took 11 hours :1046274283_heul: but it worth it.

I'm not sure if the processor is single core, but a 2 Ghz singlecore processor is not that good. One hour to load the mod is still ridiculous though, so there have to be other factors as well. I can't look into your computer, but background software, like virusscanners can slow it down. As well as virusses. In case you also have (loading) problems with other software I suggest you reinstall your whole pc. Or you can try to remove some software and run a few pc cleaners like Ccleaner. Defragging your pc might help too.

Cleaner and Defrag should be the first steps. For defrag i like Vopt and SmartDefrag, and schedule them to run once a day when your sleeping.

Also find Malwarebytes, the free version will do fine, and install it, update it, and then run a full scan. Another good one I recentley used was F-Secure Rescue CD. Its built on a linux kernal so windows never gets to load the viruses and can do a more efficient job of cleaning these viruses out then windows based anti viruses, gotta admit I do love linux for that "live" experience, and of course server atmosphere.