mstrkrft

Certain events too easy

Hey Everyone

Been playing LA mod and following this forum for quite a while now but never really thought I had anything more useful to contribute then what was already getting posted here however now I am interested to find out what the community thinks of these issues I’ve found.

I find that in a lot of events treating injured people and dealing with criminals in this game is a little to easy, for example:

If someone is too sick/injured to lift onto a stretcher you only need to get a paramedic to treat them for about a second before they are healthy enough to be transported and once they are in the ambulance it doesn't seem to matter how long it sits at scene or how long it takes them to get to hospital the patient will never die. Does anyone else think that having it so the paramedic needs more time to work on a patient before he is stable enough to transport and having critical ill patients able to die in ambulances en-route to hospitals would add an extra bit of challenge to the game? It would definitely make deciding which patients need to be airlifted and which ones can go by road at major multi-casualty incidents more critical.

Also in relation to events with violent criminals (murder, hostages taken etc) nearly every one that I’ve encountered so far seems to be a single suspect with a pistol and nearly all situations can be diffused with one or two squad cars and minimal injury to officers. The creators of this mod have made such an amazing police force but I barely ever feel like I need to use all my options and gear in full or worry about my officers being gunned down before I can arrest/shoot the suspect myself. If there were events where the criminals had much more powerful guns then what our general patrol cars are equipped with or events with multiple armed offenders (for example a large gang shootout) where the risk of officers being killed is very high I think it would make us as gamers really have to think and strategize a lot more about what units we deploy and where.

Its been a long time since I’ve loved a game/mod as much as I love this one so I’m very curious as to what everyone’s opinion is

jc

Guest mrpolice1996

:welcome: to the forum

I think people can die in the ambulance can't they?

I agree with you on the second point although sometimes if you are busy with other emergency, like fires, it's nice being able to quickly arrest someone.

I know, I would like it to be a bit harder as well. For MVA's I select a person and make the health drain like 40 and the medicine gain like 42 and they'd have low heath. Sometimes I give them a decent amount of health like 40 health drain and 30 medicine gain.

thanks for all the replies guys

I agree with you on the second point although sometimes if you are busy with other emergency, like fires, it's nice being able to quickly arrest someone.

yeah it's still be nice to have the minor incidents so you can relax every now and agiain but just a combination of some really hard ones as well would be nice, or even an event with just more then one armed person person in it would test us out a little bit more

that sniper one also sounds pretty cool i wonder if there's a way hoppah could add it to la-mod for those of us that dont have delux

I do agree. I want some bloody murders, some serial killers, some people stealing cars, leading us on a wild ride, through shopping malls, etc, etc.

However, since no one on here can create this stuff, I'm happy with what I've got now.

However, since no one on here can create this stuff, I'm happy with what I've got now.

Knowing hoppah, and the ny mod guys, never say never :P

If you find it to easy you can always tweak the freeplayevents file. Personally I enjoy fighting big fires so i turned up the gas explosions to 2.0, and now have a bit more big fires that I need like 4 engines/ladders for.

I agree with the point that sometimes they are too easy most definately.

I got so annoyed spending an hour of gameplay with nothing major but 'Guy has tripped over his laces' and 'Woman's dropped handbag crushes toes' every 2 minutes that I just edited my freeplay to omit all of the 'easy' events.

Also, I generally always use 1-2 less units than required at fires for example so that I really have to consider where I place them to control it etc as opposed to sending 10x foam tenders and sitting back.

Create my own drama :cool:

Guest NMDanny

i hate the little events like stroke that there is one injuried person, they just waste time.

i don't like the little fires either, since i don't want to take care of them i send fireplane.

and sometimes little fires turn to big fires like gas explosions, but that's rare.

Hostage situations are little more interesting, but still easy (most times there is only one suspect with a pistol and no hostage)

vehicle fire is annoying too because it can make traffic jam and chain explosion, and i can't extinguish it with fireplane

i like traffic accidents, except the last part when i have to use a lot of rollback trucks and its worse when there is a traffic jam that blocks the trucks way.

there should be new events like:

arrest suspects with arrest warrants, raid their houses with SWAT (should happen often)

arrest immigrants (similar to arrest suspects but they are less/not armed)

raid on drug dealers and drug factories

raid on heavily armored terrorists

protect vip, protect vip house, protect convoys

there should be new events like:

arrest suspects with arrest warrants, raid their houses with SWAT (should happen often)

arrest immigrants (similar to arrest suspects but they are less/not armed)

raid on drug dealers and drug factories

raid on heavily armored terrorists

protect vip, protect vip house, protect convoys

I like the sound of those :12: