saxguitar

adding lights

Has anyone already done this in a polished alteration/submod? I've often wished for spotlights on my police vehicles, especially at night, but at the same time found the floodlights on some of the other vehicles crazy bright. So I added these....not perfect, but they're there. Currently attached to only activate when 'directional lights' are on.

post-3357-1259103742.jpg

They look good, i remember in one of the LA mods (might of been EM3) almost all the police vehicles had flood lights on them.

I agree. They do look good.

It was the EM3 LA Mod where nearly all the police vehicles had floodlights. The officers had flashlights as well.

It wouldn't really work as the lights would be fixed facing that direction, in my opinion the only way to get a real working spotlight is to somehow make it like the engineer lamp then give it the rotate command, but i think that is impossable.

I have a question about lightbars.....say i wanted to add the LED lightbar from the CHP Charger to a different car.....how would i go about doing that? i know how to edit all the lights, but not sure how to work the lightbars! Thanks!

You can use Z-modeler to detach the light bar and at it to the other prototype. You will have to unlock the prototypes in order to change them.

Has anyone already done this in a polished alteration/submod? I've often wished for spotlights on my police vehicles, especially at night, but at the same time found the floodlights on some of the other vehicles crazy bright. So I added these....not perfect, but they're there. Currently attached to only activate when 'directional lights' are on.

I would increase the brightness, but just my opinion. ;)

It wouldn't really work as the lights would be fixed facing that direction, in my opinion the only way to get a real working spotlight is to somehow make it like the engineer lamp then give it the rotate command, but i think that is impossable.

Well that would be fairly easy enough imo, the problem is more so making a script to where the light only turns on when you activate the floodlight command, so that the light doesnt turn on with the traffic adviser.