Pandemic

Your Favourite Emergency Service and Why?

Your Favourite Emergency Service  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Your Favourite Emergency Service

• Fire & Rescue Department
    • Police Department
    • Emergency Medical Service

FBI HRT or SWCU so I can kick terrorist's butts.

ChuckNorris.jpg

:O Thats Chuck Norris' job! Shame on you!

Anyways go PD because there like the above picture..... except less deadly

(Fun fact, Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.)

Now you know!

Fire Department!

Why? becasue they are jack-of-all trades! Police? solve crimes and disputes. Paramedics/EMTs? Fix you. Fire Fighters? Put out your Fires, cut you out of your car, rescue you from a well/trench, investigate CO for you, assist Police with entry, Assist EMS with life support, Building collapses, and SO much more i cant think of...

But, I'm not dissing Police OR EMS. All three need each other :D that^^^ is just my opinion, since it was asked ;p

Well so far im my carrer ive been to fires, extracted people from cars, trench rescue, water rescue,hazmat,high angle rescue, and a guy from my station chased down a guy who stole somewomans purse. So if thats enough. Oh and don't forget all those bull shit EMS calls we get stuck going to or if theres a alarm going of and they don't know what it is they call us. Then theres things like guy gets his hand stuck in toilet or someone fell and needs help getting up. But we don't do everything but we do a whole hell of alot of stuff

Some of those stupid calls are hilarious here are some more:

- A female caller has dialled 999 to report a grey squirrel with no hazelnut trees.

-A female caller has dialled 999 to complain that she cannot get health insurance.

-A male caller has dialled 999 to complain about the lack of buses in Crow Lane.

- A female caller has dialled 999 to ask what year the Internet started.

-A female caller has dialled 999 to report an injured pigeon.

-A male caller has dialled 999 to say that his wife has gone out without leaving any food to eat.

-A male caller has dialled 999 to ask for a taxi to get him home from Lockleaze.

(all true)

Guest ExplorerMike
Hello, I was just wondering, what's your favourite emergency service (Fire & Rescue Department, Police Department & Emergency Medical Service) and why?

Well I chose Police Department, because I am now a police explorer and plan on being a police officer in the future!

I would have to go with the ambulance service (East Midlands Ambulance Service) because it's the profesion i'm going into. I would have to also so St John Abulance too because if it wasn't for that organisation i would not be where i am today :)

Ent.

Guest miked9372

dispatch all the way :) Dispatcher monitors the location of emergency medical teams and police officers, and dispatches the appropriate team in case of emergency, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov. A 911 Dispatcher is typically the first responder in an emergency situation. If qualified, the 911 Dispatcher can provide medical information to the caller until emergency help arrives.

dispatch all the way :) Dispatcher monitors the location of emergency medical teams and police officers, and dispatches the appropriate team in case of emergency, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov. A 911 Dispatcher is typically the first responder in an emergency situation. If qualified, the 911 Dispatcher can provide medical information to the caller until emergency help arrives.

obtained from http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-EMT.htm :1046275767_ugly:

•The Basic Principle For Field Personnell:

Assume that all dispatchers are idiots until their actions prove your assumption

•Basic Assumption About Dispatchers:

Given the opportunity, any Dispatcher will be only too happy to tell you where to go, regardless of whether or not (s)he actually knows where that may be.

Corollary 1:

The existence or non-existence of any given location is of only minor importance to a Dispatcher.

Corollary 2:

Any street designated as a "Cross-street" by a Dispatcher probably isn't.

Corollary 3:

If a street name can be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it.

Corollary 4:

If a street name cannot be mispronounced, a Dispatcher will mispronounce it.

Corollary 5:

A Dispatcher will always refer to a given location in the most obscure manner as possible. E.g., "Stumpy Brown's Cabbage Field" is now covered by a shopping center.