szron

Voodoo Operator got a stroke (in game!)

Wow, imagine how much that would have cost to use all those units for something simple like that

You do know that severe stroke is an immediate risk to life? After facial droop has been detected and speech starts to slow down, the circulation to your head starts to stop, and that can lead to severe permament head trauma or death. An Engine, ALS REscue and BLS rescue, all accompanied by an chopper at severe stroke incident is not a rare sight.

You do know that severe stroke is an immediate risk to life? After facial droop has been detected and speech starts to slow down, the circulation to your head starts to stop, and that can lead to severe permament head trauma or death. An Engine, ALS REscue and BLS rescue, all accompanied by an chopper at severe stroke incident is not a rare sight.

Well, depends on where it is. City stroke response depends on distance from/to the hospital, if your close enough, Life Flight is not as immediate as an ALS could be. So usually, it would be an ALS engine (sometimes 2) ALS ambulance (also sometimes 2), and depending on severity and proximity, Life Flight.

When my dad had a stroke (he survived) it was 2 LACity ALS Engines, An LACity BLS Engine, and 2 ALS LAFD ambulances.

Sorry Voodoo, I had almost the same incident, except you had a heart attack. Lucky an ALS engine saved you, cause you were in Cardiac arrest (clinical death)

I dont know our protocol here but I cant tell you LifeFlight is not common if ever dispatched for a stroke here. In most residential areas here theres way to much tree cover in most of the city, plus with three hospitals, and ALS units on patrol all over the city I cant see response times being to bad. Plus we have no ALS Engines here. Our Firefighters are BLS only although there are paramedics who do volunteer for the city and county. Most stations in the city only house a quint or a pumper further setting us apart from a BLS and ALS assignment in the same station. I dont think I have ever seen more then 1 Ambulance at a scene for one patient.

Mikesphotos is there
as a SS Agent

Fixed :P

MikeyPI is there

as a SS Agent