SleepyLizard

Adding another firestation

In my time of boredum ive been messing around in editor and ive tried to make another station but using Hoppah's station 2 as the building and i was wondering if i renamed everything, added all the coding nessecary and called it station 3, would it possible/work??

I am using Wood's first map(http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=4804) and ive put the 3rd station in the airport. If this is possible im attempting to have the LEV, Water tender and a engine in station 3. Ive done some coding for it, but im at the stage where i need a little guidence but i want to check if it will be possible. if u want screenshots of what ive done so far let me know and ill see if i can stick some up!

Thanks in advance!

Update, i couldnt load up the map i was editing, and none of my back ups worked! so ive started again, but im using hoppahs LA Mod map this time and placing the firestation(3) in the docks, ill get some screens in a sec. atm ive done the building and the gates, havent done the VO's yet, and ive still got the edited scripts from myy first attempt but they are not completed yet!

yes u do, but atm all ive done is placed teh building, placed the gates and named them, i havent touched the scripts, the scripts i mentioned in the other posts are saved in a different location! (i hope tht answers ur qn!)

gah tht failed, it says i cant upload the pictures cos the file type is wrong, i used fraps and i think the images are .bnp. could someone give me some guidence on wot to do, ive done a quick search of the forums but didnt see anything of use!

Its going alright! i would say im on the last straight, ive got the vechiles to spawn in the right places which is good. i am having big problems with the gates atm they dont want to open, and i was doing then last night and got to the stage where i needed sleep, havent looked at the scripts for them today! got a small probelm with the alarm as it doesnt stop ringing, im thinhking that there is a connection to the gates!

Also in script LAFireStation:

const char DUMMY_GATES[]			= "DummyGates";
const char DUMMY_ALARM[] = "DummyDisableAlarm";
const char DUMMY_CALLCREW[] = "DummyCallCrew";

i think thts my problem as i havent named any of them in the map for the new firestation, so im a little confused about tht! is are they are constant for the whole map? *EDIT PROBLEM FIXED*

other than that, its going well, thanks!

Heres some more photos, ive replaced the engine with a USAR squad(in fire station 1 i have the crane instead of the USAR Squad). ive been fiddling with the gates but cant get anything to work atm! i have noticed that when 1 vehicle wants to enter the fire station 1 or 2 from the rear doors then a completely different door opens or the front door shuts! quite odd. also the rear doors on fire station 3 dont open at all, but the vehicles go to the rear doors, cant get in, so they go round the front and reverse in, it looks pretty good! ive added some props into the fire station now!

em42009092123044915.png

em42009092123041366.png

While i was in editor i got bored and created 2 helipads, 1 for the techy coastguard heli and the other for the blackhawk..

em42009092123051054.png

Where is says bus, i will have a ambulance waiting so it when it lands with a person injured they can get treatment straight away!

em42009092123052195.png

And here ive built a army area with a black hawk landing pad with a check point for the entrance, and also added a contruction site next to it!

Sleepylizard, i got an extra idea for you!

At the army area, at the checkpoint put a thing you see at the train rails, dont know what it's called in english.

Just adjust the script a bit, and it would work...

Yeh i like that idea, i was thinking of putting in something like that! i shall go and try now! (WIP!)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, these gates are starting to annoy me now! if anyone is whiling to help, please pm me thanks!

I hate png images, they take so long to load. :(

Lol, sorry, wots the best? im new to using fraps!!

Sleepylizard, about your problem.

It's more realistic that they reverse in at the front :P

But in this mod it isn't so, can you make a clip of the truck trying to enter..

i know reversing in is more realistic and i would keep it, BUT, the other 2 firestation rear doors have gone wierd while i was adding the code, thts my problem!!! ill see if i can get a clip for you, not sure if ill get it tho!

Lol, sorry, wots the best? im new to using fraps!!

i know reversing in is more realistic and i would keep it, BUT, the other 2 firestation rear doors have gone wierd while i was adding the code, thts my problem!!! ill see if i can get a clip for you, not sure if ill get it tho!

Then i don't know the answer, sorry! :1046276372_bawling::machkaputt:

you can open .png in photoshop and save as .gif, thats probably best. keeps image size and quality but shrinks filesize well for internet use.

IF he has photoshop ;)

When he doesn't he can always ask me or someone else who DOES.

But a good thing you said it:P :cheers-mate:

Then i don't know the answer, sorry! :1046276372_bawling::machkaputt:

IF he has photoshop ;)

When he doesn't he can always ask me or someone else who DOES.

But a good thing you said it:P :cheers-mate:

you can do it in mspaint but the gif quality is lower and looks grainy. jpeg is bigger filesize but reasonable, which can be done in mspaint.