Chris3281

Marines? Firefighters? Fans? Anything?

Hey, I have seen usernames reffering to The usmc but no posts :P I wanna hear from you guys My 18 year old brother just entered USMC boot camp in Parris Island, South Carolina. Anyone else out there a Marine? Or in the Navy? Army? Anything.

And not just Military services. Who out there is a FireFighter? i think theres many of those on here. :P

I am a firefighter. Who else? Been on the job since march. Yeah...yeah... i know... PROBIE ALERT! :) Lol.

Anyone Here anything at all? Lol

What do you guys do EMT?

FireFighter?

Military Services

Gov't Services (Maybe your the president :police: ) Lol.

Anything at all dont be shy guys lets hear from all of you guys!

Not to get personal, Just tell us what you do.

Doesnt have to be anything i listed we all contribute to the world somehow. Or if your not comfortable with that share a funny story or do both! lol Have fun with it guys.

-Chris

P.S. Metallica, AC-DC, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, And Jimi Hendrix are the best bands/ Solo Artists ever created :P

Just had to say that :)

Guest matt31896
My 18 year old brother just entered USMC boot camp in Parris Island, South Carolina.

Wow, lol we are just now covering that in History!(Parris island and the French settlement, not your brother) BTW I hope to be USMC.

It's a very intense process i wouldn't yet know but the recruiter comes to your house and explains boot camp to your family. And its hard shit my friend.

Couple things they put you through,

The Crucible- 3 straight days of no sleep at all and barely any food and you run and train in firearms for all 3 days.

Gas Chamber- In the event of the enemy putting you in a gas (torture) chamber they train you to get out and how to breathe.

Bed by 8 Awake by 3am. Little early mornin jog lol.

Thats not even tha bad parts. :P

I (honestly) had trouble in some parts of the Fire Academy, Therefore i aint doin boot camp lol. Some parts of the Academy i dont like, Well then im gunna hate B.C. Lol.

Anywho, Follow your dreams my friend and one day everyone will Salute you and kids will look up to you with a huge smile on their face. And you will be the grown man that your country needs. If you enter boot camp you enter a new portion of life, not just for yourself, but your country God bless The marines.

SEMPER FI! NEVER DIE! HOO-RAH!

-Chris

Guest matt31896

Amen! BTW I hate needeles and as it turns out I have to go through people straping me down and a trainee stab me with an injection vile to hook up to an IV if it needs to be done in the field. Plus the person jabbing a needle into my vien HAS NEVER DONE IT BEFORE! I'm scared, and hopfully I'll out grow this very common phobia before Boot Camp. :frown:

Well I hope to join the USMC. My family has a very rich history in the law enforcement field. One of my grandfathers was in Spec op in Korean war and in Vietnam. My dad was a Sargent first class in the USMC during the Gulf War. My aunt was a lieutenant for the US capitol police in dc and was stationed at capital hill. MY other grandfather worked Communications on president John F. Kennedy's yacht. It seems to me im picking up some skills. I am one of the top ranked shooters for my age class in america. (compete with older people BTW :P ) and know alot of guys in or were in the USMC. 1 was in special forces and the other was a sniper. I hope to someday after i get my recommendation go to The US naval Academy

You will grow out of it trust me, Everyone was scared of needles at one point. No matter what. There is a lot more scarier stuff than needles.

You will grow out if it honestly i hated needles until i was about 12-13 years old. :12:

Well I hope to join the USMC. My family has a very rich history in the law enforcement field. One of my grandfathers was in Spec op in Korean war and in Vietnam. My dad was a Sargent first class in the USMC during the Gulf War. My aunt was a lieutenant for the US capitol police in dc and was stationed at capital hill. MY other grandfather worked Communications on president John F. Kennedy's yacht. It seems to me im picking up some skills. I am one of the top ranked shooters for my age class in america. (compete with older people BTW :P ) and know alot of guys in or were in the USMC. 1 was in special forces and the other was a sniper. I hope to someday after i get my recommendation go to The US naval Academy

Wow. What a family! lol. God bless all of 'em! Congrats on your decision as well. Good luck soldier!

GOD BLESS!

-Chris

I am 13 and I'm still terrified, my whole life I've been ever since I was 3 or 4. :help:

Edit: I might haven grown out of it, hopefully :gruebel: !

You will grow out of it my friend. Just wait only time will grow you out of your biggest fears.

I used to be terrified of firefighters :cool:

Like you dont understand lol. In second grade they came to my school and started breathing on-air to show us what sound to walk towards in a fire and i flipped out like crazy lol. i couldnt stop crying. and look at me now Im a firefighter!

You will grow out of it my friend :)

-Chris

Thank you, my prayers are with your brother and family. Make sure he eats some junk food when he has a chance cause marines will have you eating healthy :P dose your bro know what he wants to do in the marines?

Ps: I am ranked 55 and my spotter 54 so now I have to spot for him :(

Heres one thing about my brother. He has a personality to help other people. Hes a Firefighter along with me and my Dad. My brother has a tendency to help others. He has a job at a retirement home to help the elderly. Hes a firefighter to help anyone. Hes a marine to help the country.

His personality is unique i look up to him as a leader, He graduated top of his class in the Academy scoring a 90% on the Final Firefighter I exam.

He participated in a statewide competiotion concerning cars where contestants had to take apart a car engine and put it back together. He got second place, State-Wide (New Jersey)

Se yeah he is doing mechanical/Automotive repair at our local AFB. McQuire AFB.

Hes a great guy. And a great help.

-Chris

Well,

I'm a musician, I freelance in the local area and play with a couple bar bands on percussion insturments.

I graduated this past spring with a degree in music, now I'm doing something completely different.

I'm trainning to be an EMT and firefighter, but fire school has a habit of not being at a time I can do it.

I'm also training in some government jobs (emergency management, and intelligence). Hopefuly in another year or two I can be working for a federal agency (preferably: FEMA, USFA, or the ATF).

I'm a Marine hopeful I guess. Ever since I was young I wanted to be in the Marines. My plan is to go to Annapolis and become an officer in the Marines. My grandfather fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam in the Marines. My uncle was a Marine, he got out fairly recently, he went to Annapolis and became an officer. He was in during mostly peacetime though, I believe he was only in one combat tour which was in Iraq but he has some shiny medals of stuff I assume he did because he was bored and looking for adventure (Gold jump wings, etc). Oddly enough, my family is mostly in the Army though, three cousins in the Army, one uncle in the Army. An aunt and an uncle in the Navy as well. My dad's side of the family has some law enforcement history, my dad was a cop for about 5 years in North Carolina, also a volunteer FF. I've got two cousins who are cops in NC as well. One of which was in a shootout not long ago, his partner was killed sadly but my cousin survived but I'm not sure if he will be able to be on the job again. The scumbag that shot them was dead within minutes after the paramedics arrived. Long story short I want to be an officer in the Marine Corps and when I get out I might pursue a career in Law Enforcement or Firefighting but I don't know yet. For now the Naval Academy is my focus.

Well from what you said the world could use more people like him god bless. Also I'm sure if he wanted to he could qualify to be a officer if he goes to there leadership program :)

Thanks so much that means alot.

-Chris :)

Well,

I'm a musician, I freelance in the local area and play with a couple bar bands on percussion insturments.

I graduated this past spring with a degree in music, now I'm doing something completely different.

I'm trainning to be an EMT and firefighter, but fire school has a habit of not being at a time I can do it.

I'm also training in some government jobs (emergency management, and intelligence). Hopefuly in another year or two I can be working for a federal agency (preferably: FEMA, USFA, or the ATF).

Congrats on the music degree and congrats on the choice of FF/EMT training and traing in Gov't agencies!

Congrats!

-Chris

I'm a Marine hopeful I guess. Ever since I was young I wanted to be in the Marines. My plan is to go to Annapolis and become an officer in the Marines. My grandfather fought in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam in the Marines. My uncle was a Marine, he got out fairly recently, he went to Annapolis and became an officer. He was in during mostly peacetime though, I believe he was only in one combat tour which was in Iraq but he has some shiny medals of stuff I assume he did because he was bored and looking for adventure (Gold jump wings, etc). Oddly enough, my family is mostly in the Army though, three cousins in the Army, one uncle in the Army. An aunt and an uncle in the Navy as well. My dad's side of the family has some law enforcement history, my dad was a cop for about 5 years in North Carolina, also a volunteer FF. I've got two cousins who are cops in NC as well. One of which was in a shootout not long ago, his partner was killed sadly but my cousin survived but I'm not sure if he will be able to be on the job again. The scumbag that shot them was dead within minutes after the paramedics arrived. Long story short I want to be an officer in the Marine Corps and when I get out I might pursue a career in Law Enforcement or Firefighting but I don't know yet. For now the Naval Academy is my focus.

Sounds like you got good family history congrats on your decision.

-Chris

Guest matt31896
same here, I used to think that firefighters were the ones who started fire, lol.

Anyway, I am currently an EMT, In the future I hope to be able to do Medevac with my State Police

They do start fires though! Well, at least in Farenhiet 451. LOL?

Im going for Air Force. :). Army is meh, Marines are cool but not really my thing, and Navy's for pussies. (except for ppl on Aircraft carriers, esp. the pilots)

eeew we had to read Fahrenheit 451 and To Kill a Mockingbird over the summer + do a vocab assn for English 1 Honors

I would never joined the Armed Forces - our family doesn't have a very good history when it comes to wars and we tend to end up dead :( (although I would be the same as Ami and maybe join the air force, but I would only fly helicopters - too scared to be in control of planes)

I have a friend in the Armed Forces, he loves it. Says it's a lot of work, obviously, but better than schoool anyday and everything has a purpose. He's hoping to join the SAS too, which would be interesting. Not quite sure how well he'll cope, but you'll never know :)

yes i am aware of the effects very closley and anyone will tell you that if you are not scared in combat or in a situation like that, or the moment you think youve seen it all is the moment you need to retire. I give my best to your friend, and I know people with PTSD hopefully ( i pray ) it will go away but that is for God to decide

Walk through the shot 3 times, line it up twice, shoot once,

Jordan