heyjoojoo

Installation: need to activate on multiple profiles...

Hello,

I have one computer that I'm activating EM4 on. It has three profiles set up where one is the admin, the other two are for my users (my mother and nieces). I installed it using the admin profile and activated it there too. Now when my niece wants to play the game, she needs to activate it too? The otther profiles (both are configured as 'users',) also need to activate the game?

I thought since it was activated under the admin profile and as long as it's installed on the same computer that it doesnt need to be activaited again. No?

KAreem

I thought you said this game came on your laptop thtat you bought off eBay...

Anyways,

I can't remember 100% but I thought that there was a way to install it to work on all profiles, for all users... If not, then you'll just need to go on all three accounts and put in the serial..

It was until I decided to go and get it from Direct 2 Drive. I posted that on the other thread.

Maybe there is a place on the activation screen that does ask about all users but I'll need to pay a little more attention.

So, I uninstalled it while in the admin account and then reinstalled it. It didnt ask for the activation code. But when I tried to launch it under the standard user profile, it asked for the activation code.

Does that sound right?

EDIT: I dont think that this game can be run under a standard profile. I think it needs to be administrator. I was having strange problems like the units not responding to mouse clicks. I'd hate to have to reinstall it again. I'm not sure what the deal is. Has anyone else tried to run the game under standard user accounts?

KAreem