Chris3281

A question

Hey, I play and use the La mod often. Basically every time a play 911 FR. But my computer does get laggy and slows down during gameplay and if you can just imagine how frustrating that is when your trying to play :) Makes me want to :machkaputt::8:

Anywho, If any of you could give me some insight on how to possibly improve my computer or a makeshift way to stop the lag until i can get a better computer. That would be very helpful. All posts are welcome please help! :P

I have noticed. Thats why, when my units arrive on scene i turn off sirens and lights. Its way to laggy. You said the fix for it is out now? or still being worked on? If its out could i get a link to the topic to dwnld it?

Thanks a bunch.

-Chris

Thanks a bunch!!!! Its updated. I downloaded the link and checked my LA mod script folder to see if it went where i wanted it to and it did. hopefully it wont lag to much next time. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks a bunch!!!! Its updated. I downloaded the link and checked my LA mod script folder to see if it went where i wanted it to and it did. hopefully it wont lag to much next time. Thanks a bunch!

Yes, it's a known problem and with the fixed script it also completely stopped lag for me as well.

Let me explain why the old siren script caused lag:

Each time you activate a siren, a hidden/dummy object spawns. That hidden object is necessary to update the position of the vehicle, so the siren actually sticks with the moving vehicle. The vehicle itself can't do that update, because it is already doing something else (moving to a new position). Depending on the speed of your computer, the hidden object checks the position and status of the vehicle a couple of times per second. So what was the exact problem? When the sirens are deactivated the hidden object is supposed to delete itself. That didn't happen and the hidden object kept checking the status of the vehicle! Even worse, when the sirens were reactivated a NEW dummy object just spawned to update the reactivated sirens. So what caused the lag? Vehicles which stayed on the map for longer times could have dozens of these dummy objects which were still checking the vehicle instead of deleting itself. The huge amount of unnecessary scripts running on the background could have eventually cause framerate problems. So how did I fix the problem? I made a couple of script changes and tested the script with a visible dummy object to make sure these dummy objects delete itself.

Hops without the new script if you send your vehicals off the map will it cause the dummy to go away?

Nope, they stayed on last known position of the vehicle. Not sure if they were still doing something. The LA Mod siren script is based on an older version of the original script. Unfortunately, mine is slightly modified for the mod (the manual/automatic siren option) so I had to fix the script myself.