sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

If you have used the 'Armed Arrest Script' it would seem not, some bug with the moving of Hoppah's Script to this mod. If just normally, then you may have a problem with your version of the mod and may need to reinstall it :)

The OC-D

it was with the armed arrest script, so will have to deploy trojan instead, thanks.

Got to say after a long break from EM4 coming back and see how much has been added to this Brilliant Mod Keep up the good work Guys, I got to say you are Going above and Beyond to keep the Mod Users happy and pleased with you progress and updates , Myself I had a tear come to my eye when I noticed you added an EDF Van be that I'm a Cable Jointer who Works Out of the London Borough of Croydon I worked for EDF Energy Till we got Bought out by UK Power Networks , It just nice little touches like that , That keep People interested and wanting more from you Guys Well Done and Keep up the good work .

( Just a bit of Cheek A picture from last year in the snow of an old EDF Van can't remember who's it was and a New Labeled UKPN my Little Beast in the same yard in Purley South London Notice the new Logo =P)

LnORg.jpg

FsWld.jpg

hi all, two questions:

1) (i have made a topic of this in modding help forum but this is the mod i would be using it on) how do you increase the amount of civi vehicles and civilians walking around on the map as for london scrolling the map i see about 3 cars and about 5 people, whereas the LA mod has more traffic and people so guessing this can be done?

2) on this mod (i think it was a bug in readme) when i end the game in freeplay after it registers the score and i press end game theres always a CTD, has anyone worked out how to fix this?

thanks

1) Will be in Freeplay setting file which can be found browsing folders. I'm sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head.

2) It always happens with this mod, we don't what causes it or how to fix it. I suspect its the amount of complex objects (Tazer, Riot Shields etc.) that makes the game a little bit confused.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

The OC-D

Hi, newcomer here :)

I have had a quick scan through and a quick search but can't see anything to do with my question.

In free play I can't right click on any vehicles, but I can in the missions, is this normal?

TIA

Jon

Dear Jon from what i have seen in playing the mod, there is no problem in right clicking the vehicles, perhaps the mod is not installed properly?

Try reinstalling, if that doesn't work i'll send you the mod, without the e4mod file.

hi all, two questions:

1) (i have made a topic of this in modding help forum but this is the mod i would be using it on) how do you increase the amount of civi vehicles and civilians walking around on the map as for london scrolling the map i see about 3 cars and about 5 people, whereas the LA mod has more traffic and people so guessing this can be done?

2) on this mod (i think it was a bug in readme) when i end the game in freeplay after it registers the score and i press end game theres always a CTD, has anyone worked out how to fix this?

thanks

Dear gw01993,

The freeplay CTD problem is unfixable. This problem occurs when large amounts of complex data, models, textures, scripts etc, overload the game engine while it is trying to terminate the freeplay mode. This usually happens with big mods, London mod is 327MB (Smaller than the LA mod which does not have this problem, probably because the models are not that complex, and the engine has less difficulty to unload it. but does CTD when you try to change mods), it is rather small in comparison with the Winterberg Mod, Which current version has 1.10 GB, and also does CTD when you terminate freeplay mode.

This occurs because of a lack of, shall we say, "capacity to process a very complex amount of data" of the engine. The only LEGAL ways to have this problem fixed would be:

1. To contact the development team, and explain the problem of the engine, and then asking for a fix of the executable file.
  2. The other way would be that the developers release the source code of the engine, allowing advanced users (moders scripters etc) to tweak the engine accordingly and improve it's performance.

Since the development of EM4 was stopped sometime ago, option 1. is out of the question. Option 2. is a big wish of some people, but lets face it, how many german publishers you know have released the source code to something?

In case of pure entertainment and of "trying to help others" types of things, you could reverse engineer the engine, but that is illegal.

In the winterberg mod case, the freeplay problem is aggravated. Because of the large amounts of scripting (the mod includes Special events that are unique to it) the game will often CTD while playing. Again this is the lack of "capacity to process a very large amount of data" of the engine. I hope this provides a good explanation of the problem and it's causes.

Cheers :)

And on topic now.

Nice mod, needs to be scripted even further, like the LA mod, because without the scripts to call in fire trucks the station manager and crew manager, and some of the police units seem useless. Also the policeman in the Road Patrol vehicles should not be allowed to pursuit on foot suspects, or vehicles, because it makes them draw a firearm, that they don't have, which could lead to trouble. Either arm the policeman, or disable that script. Also the ISU H.A.R.T.S. ambulance (the large one that carries 6 injured), should have enabled the same script that the MCU in LA mod uses [the carry in vehicle script (what i mean is that normally to transport a patient you have to pick him up and the stretcher paramedics must go in with the patient, in the MCU case the Stretcher dudes only load the patient into the MCU and stay outside, ready to load a new patient on board, like a policeman putting a suspect in his car)]. That was my suggestions

Which of the police units seem useless? (Other than the repeats that try to get different unit numbers to make things more realistic)

The drawing of a firearm is a problem with the armed arrest script, hence named because it relies on the officer being armed. In the UK, as you can probably tell, almost all officers are unarmed. However, people liked the idea of Traffic Units chasing suspects as per real life. Hence, if you have a problem either use the CO19 ARV's for pursuits or don't use the pursuit script. As per real life, the events where you need the pursuit script mostly involved armed criminals (the car thief has a rifle and violent crime's and bank robberies both occur) so CO19 would be dispatched anyway.

I understand what you mean with the LAS HART ISU, but I think that's relatively easy to change if you want to dig about in unit properties :)

The scripting of Call Unit commands is a relatively long process, the mod makers needed to strike a balance between getting it released as both knew their real lives were suddenly going to take priority. Therefore both the Crew and the Station Managers are in because they were a) already created b) nice bits of eye candy and c) place holders if they ever managed to return to the mod.

Cheers,

The OC-D

Thank you very much for your explanation :) I confess, i do not know a lot about law enforcement in the UK, so i am please to have been enlightened about the subject. Has for the ISU i don't have a very good ability at scripting so i won't do a good job, and will probably mess the whole thing up. But one question though, was i accurate or at least managed to explain the situation of hte Freeplay CTD crash in post 1658?

@Jon Woad: The CTD is a known problem, luckily the mod doesn't take long to reload so its relatively quick to reload the whole game. Also, instead of double posting, please use the Edit button :)

@Galantjunior: It sounds about right to me, I'm not really sure, although the models aren't that greater detailed than those in the L.A. Mod so I think it rests solely with the implementation of the scripts. The London mod uses both the Taser Script and motorcycle's that weren't generally released because of their animation and scripting issues weren't ironed out, yet.

The OC-D