sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

Guest BloodBiker

Not all Zafiras have "Patrol Supervisor" on the side of the them, in fact over the years i've been taking photos of Met Police vehicles i've never encounted any with that writing, so it must be a local area thing and not a city wide adoption.

Paul

Guest Jumprope
Not all Zafiras have "Patrol Supervisor" on the side of the them, in fact over the years i've been taking photos of Met Police vehicles i've never encounted any with that writing, so it must be a local area thing and not a city wide adoption.

Paul

Mate that model of zafira being used in the mod is brand new and they all have it.

Trust me. it's all they are used for.

Check the met police website for clarification. An announcement came out a few months back. Theyre brand new to the fleet and are for the sole purpose of supervisors. I have no idea how you havent seen any with that writing. Unless you mean the old zafiras, in which case thats a different thing all together

New zafiras (ie ones in this mod): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/390949..._ebbbb286a8.jpg

Old zafira: (not used on response teams: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/382978...86c7c24236.jpg)

Absolutely no point in using old zafiras in the mod as they just aren't used on response, whereas there will always be atleast 1 supervisor out on borough.

Mate that model of zafira being used in the mod is brand new and they all have it.

Trust me. it's all they are used for.

Check the met police website for clarification. An announcement came out a few months back. Theyre brand new to the fleet and are for the sole purpose of supervisors. I have no idea how you havent seen any with that writing. Unless you mean the old zafiras, in which case thats a different thing all together

New zafiras (ie ones in this mod): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/390949..._ebbbb286a8.jpg

Old zafira: (not used on response teams: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3460/382978...86c7c24236.jpg)

Absolutely no point in using old zafiras in the mod as they just aren't used on response, whereas there will always be atleast 1 supervisor out on borough.

I have absolutely no idea where you're getting your intel from, but I must say you're wrong mate. Not all Zafiras are used by supervisors (including the new ones). Here's a picture for you:

2468851124_4def296ae7.jpg

Picture taken by TrainsandEVs

And know that BloodBiker is part of the team too, if you're not aware.

Guest BloodBiker

IIRC i sent photos to sniped222 of the 07/57 series of Zafiras which is what he and Luis have decided to go with in this mod, if they then choose to re-design the model to have the new slim lightbar and a little bit of writing in the back window that's upto them but for the sake of this mod is it going to make alot of difference to the "play" factor?, for me no it wont. Maybe in the future in some updates it might be done, we might even see an old DAF Command unit that the Met still having on the fleet after 26 years who knows.

Paul

Guest mrpolice1996
IIRC i sent photos to sniped222 of the 07/57 series of Zafiras which is what he and Luis have decided to go with in this mod, if they then choose to re-design the model to have the new slim lightbar and a little bit of writing in the back window that's upto them but for the sake of this mod is it going to make alot of difference to the "play" factor?, for me no it wont.

:12:

I totally agree with you, having a bit of writing on the side and having a different lightbar makes no difference to game-play. I am not saying detail isn't important. But it's doesn't really matter if a bit of tiny writing on the side, is incorrect.

Guest Jumprope
I have absolutely no idea where you're getting your intel from, but I must say you're wrong mate. Not all Zafiras are used by supervisors (including the new ones). Here's a picture for you:

2468851124_4def296ae7.jpg

Picture taken by TrainsandEVs

And know that BloodBiker is part of the team too, if you're not aware.

I get my intel from working on a met police response team and driving in response vehicles every day.

That picture has an old lightbar, and doesn't have "police" in blue lettering on the side. It's old. And It doesn't appear to be a current borough resource. It's possibly an SNT vehicle, or maybe used by a CO unit. I really wouldn't know. Im not trying to say im a leading expert on every vehicle the met police use or have ever used. Im just saying how it is, on team. i.e. the police that patrol your streets and turn up when you dial 999. Certainly not where i work.

IIRC i sent photos to sniped222 of the 07/57 series of Zafiras which is what he and Luis have decided to go with in this mod, if they then choose to re-design the model to have the new slim lightbar and a little bit of writing in the back window that's upto them but for the sake of this mod is it going to make alot of difference to the "play" factor?, for me no it wont. Maybe in the future in some updates it might be done, we might even see an old DAF Command unit that the Met still having on the fleet after 26 years who knows.

Paul

It doesn't bother me whether they added it to the mod or not, i'm pretty sure that somewhere in the thread some one in the team said they were trying to have a bit of realism in the mod. If you don't want it to be 100% then that doesn't really bother me, im still looking forward to playing it, i was just making an observation incase you guys were interested to know.

:12:

I totally agree with you, having a bit of writing on the side and having a different lightbar makes no difference to game-play. I am not saying detail isn't important. But it's doesn't really matter if a bit of tiny writing on the side, is incorrect.

Im not saying it matters, i just pointed out a small bit of information and people jumped all over trying their best to prove me wrong, and i'm just saying, if you wanted to add a nice little touch you can put a bit of writing on. If you can't be bothered, then don't bother! It's your mod at the end of the day, i was just making a constructive comment.

Guest mrpolice1996
Don't think anyone is arguing, simply expressing our own observations and views, can't see any harm done, thanks for your input Jumprope.

Paul

OK. I didn't say anyone was arguing now. Just that often when people get wound-up of a little detail it ends in an argument which just winds people up even more. :(