pyrofreak

What would you do?

Alright, so I'm curious as to how everyone else would respond to this.

A little background info:

I work for McDonalds (me and my girl, for now until schools done), and if you know anything about McDonalds you know we park people sometimes. We do this so we can cook food, etc, just to keep the line moving. Sometimes people complain we "forget" about them but then again 1 minute is to long for some people.

Anyway

It was Friday August 21st, 10:00 PM E.S.T. (time to go home), and my girl and I were running out two final orders. We had a $32.00 order (pretty big), and a $27.53 order (semi-big). It took about 5ish minutes to get everyone's food because of the time. Nevertheless, we took the food outside, well the guy in car B (the 27.53) was already out walking towards our building (he was a fat redneck, I moved to Tennessee ... bad idea). He said "I though ya'll forgot about us". My girl said no we just had to big orders, and I said just be patient and you'll get your food. Anyway, we went back inside and clocked out, then we proceeded to walk out the door.

We were about 4 feet from the door when the fat redneck made a comment along the lines of "I don't give a fuck about the other people, or I don't want to wait". Anyway I told him where he could go, and in his fatness he though he was going to fight me. Unfortunately, I have a black belt in karate if it makes a difference, and 7 years of that shit hasn't left my head .. so he failed.

Anyway, he complained to corporate, and they told my head manager. We had a talk, it went something like this.

Manager: Did you cuss a man out on Friday

Me: Ye

Manager: Your not allowed to do that while on the clock, etc

Me: I was clocked out

Manager: They said it was 8:00 pm

Me: In what country? It was 10:06 P.M., it was night, and I was off the clock.

Manager; It still isn't tolerated, and won't be

Me: Your point, I was CLOCKED out, this has nothing to do with you, they lied you believed it

Manager: They have witness.

Me: Who the people in the car?

Manager: Yes

Me: So do I

Manager: Who, your wife

Me: Yep

Manager: That doesn't count

Me: Like hell it doesn't your going to believe people when you weren't there, and even you've said people will do anything to get free food. Your making yourself sound like a hypocrite, you don't even know the half of what really happened, god you didn't even have the right time.

Manager: Did a manager see what happened

Me: I told you it was past 10, we were leaving he took out position in drive thur, no.

Manager: Well what was he doing

Me: Oh I don't know, what do you think? He running the late night drive thur, taking money and giving food out.

Manager: What the hell why wasn't he running the store, was he singing a fucking song?

Me: I just told you, he was talking over our position we were leaving

Manager He needs to know what the fuck is going on, I don't give a damn about him if he isn't doing his job he needs to go. If your not doing you job, then you need to go.

Me: Are you paying attention to anything I've said, HE WAS doing he job W.E W.E.R.E O.F.F. T.H.E. C.L.O.C.K.

Manager: Well his still won't be tolerated, if something like this happens you should tell a manger. This is your warning, if it happens again you will be fired.

Me: Like hell it will be my warning, what I DO OFF the CLOCK is MY business.

Manager: Your not off the clock until you leave this parking lot.

Me: Okay, fine, then I want every penny owed to me. You still owe me back money from the time I arrive until the time I leave.

Manager: It doesn't work that way your paid from when you clock in, until you clock out.

Me: EXACTLY, and once I clock out, and your not paying me I DON'T follow your rules. Now, if I need to get a lawyer and sue this corporation I will, just say the word. But as far as I concerned when I leave though that fucking door my shift is done. So, were not going to sit here and talk about sometime after hours, and I'm sure as hell not going to allow you to get fucking talking to me like you were either. Because I'm about one step away from talking this whole thing to a new level, and you differently don't want that.

Manager (semi-panicy): Alright, alright, just try to keep your cool around people if you yell at someone and they yell at you who's right. If they yell at you, and you walk away who's the bigger man.

... follow by more B.S.

My managers Indian hes from India, and he's an asshole. Text, doesn't describe our ehmm language, but let just say it was heated.

My question to ya'll is, what would you have done. Let the fat redneck talk shit and push you around, or fight back? And what would you have done when you had a talk with your manager.

My question to ya'll is, what would you have done. Let the fat redneck talk shit and push you around, or fight back? And what would you have done when you had a talk with your manager.

I would never have taken a job at McDonalds in the first place.

But let's say I did, I'd kick the guys ass.

Being a doorman (bouncer) i deal with incidents like that nightly. As its mcdonalds i think you should contact a solicitor/lawyer and ask them to request the tapes are kept and/or reviewed as from the sounds of it the manager wont listen to you if you yourself ask him as he would have viewed the cctv and seen what happened straight away else, you were right (in my opinion) in what you did with the redneck, i have tolerated less.

If things went as you say then you shouldnt have a problem at all.

Are you part of any union? i dont know how it works in the US but over here in blighty, if a manager spoke to someone like that who was part of a Union they would be at a tribunal of some sorts in no time as it was out of order.

From the managers point of view it is easier to take verbal from customer and give them what they want and then give you grief and vent their frustration on you rather than to stand up to the customer as you will likely stand there and take it whereas police would likely have to be called to deal with the customer and management dont want that.

I offer that advice as something i would probably do to start with, im no lawyer.

3 days later I came in and demanded a whopper jr. THey gave me a Mc Donalds equivalint and I didn't like it so I told the manager to stick it, and he goes look I'm sorry but is there any way we could settel this.

I said in my awesome accent, sure give me three quarters of a hamburger with anchovies and pickels and 17 french fries, I want to see you eat it.

And apearently there was some off duty cop there because I wound up going home in a police car lol.

You should have asked the manager, if I(you) started the fight, why didnt the guy call the police as he could have had me arrested.

Are you part of any union? i dont know how it works in the US but over here in blighty, if a manager spoke to someone like that who was part of a Union they would be at a tribunal of some sorts in no time as it was out of order.

Dont you have McDonalds there? McDonalds doesnt have a union. Some good benefits and all much to much crap to deal with for the pay unless maybe your a manager. Thats why I do telemarketing, you make some good money to put up with peoples shit.

I would've ignored him. And BTW there's a reason I don't go to Mcdonalds (Unless it's for fries).

Are you kidding? Have you had the Deluxe Angus burger? There the best thing at mcdonalds by far! Most the time the fries are to damn salty.

Dont you have McDonalds there? McDonalds doesnt have a union. Some good benefits and all much to much crap to deal with for the pay unless maybe your a manager. Thats why I do telemarketing, you make some good money to put up with peoples shit.

Yeah we do have mcdonalds. A trade union is what i mean, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_union . Anyone can join the GMB Union ( http://www.gmb.org.uk/ ) so an employee ofmcdonalds could be a member of the GMB, and if they were spoken to like that then the Union would support the employee with advice, support and various other ways. Very strong ally in the workplace.

My sincerest apologies for now elaborating more.

1.) Unions: They have never had one, and will never have one.

2.) I wouldn't work there: Well considering I live in Tennessee, I'm going to college, and the economy is shit, any job is welcome. Money is money, it doesn't matter how you earn it.

3. Get the tapes: LOL, their are a combined 10 cameras in our building, none of which are outside (where this happened). They line the cash register area, down the side halls, along the grills, and in the office.

4.) Get a lawyer: I was, in fact I had found a few numbers. Luckily for me I did some research, went down to our owner operators HQ, and told him what was about to befall him. In return any past issues, and this current issue were removed, and I'm on a paid weeks vacation. Not as good as a law suit, but meh.

In the end, yeah Fuck McDonalds. I don't like working for them but for now I gotta pay my bills. It easy to say something when you live with mom and dad. Once your in the real world things chance, and sometimes you have to return to places you hate. Thus, college, when I graduate I'm gone.

2.) I wouldn't work there: Well considering I live in Tennessee, I'm going to college, and the economy is shit, any job is welcome. Money is money, it doesn't matter how you earn it.

In the end, yeah Fuck McDonalds. I don't like working for them but for now I gotta pay my bills. It easy to say something when you live with mom and dad. Once your in the real world things chance, and sometimes you have to return to places you hate. Thus, college, when I graduate I'm gone.

Um not all of us here are children. I am 24 and lived on my own almost a year now, and hope to get out of this place in December when our lease is up. In the past 6 months, with in 200 yards of my apartment there have been 4 fires, 2 over doses, 1 pantie thief(literally the guy was stealing womens panties from the apt laundry mat), 1 residential break in, 1 commercial robbery(guy robbed subway, and led police on a short high speed chase) and even more I cant remember, and the thing is, while these are some of the cheapest apts in town, its an growing commercial district.

EDIT: BTW, telemarketing places hire damn near any one on the spot. I make $7.25 for the first two weeks, $7.50 for the next 2 weeks and can make $1.00 an hour on bonus pay(so technically $8.50 an hour), then move up to $7.75 for about a month and can make another $10 an hour in bonus pay(so almost $18 an hour), and still can advance 2 or 3 pay rates with in the first year. Try making that kind of money at McDonalds(no offense). Most telemarketing places pay damn good money and hire any one on the spot(including alot of ex-felons so long as there felons not cc theft or something like that). They train you in, give you time to get the hang of it, and so long as you can sell and meet goal your good to go.

Guest Taylor

McDonalds has terrible management in regards to these situations.

Oh and using the word "redneck" is actually racist.

Don't bother getting a lawyer. McDonalds has multi-million dollar lawyers that would have your case thrown out sooner then you can flip a burger.

They want to do everything to avoid confrontation, that includes if you get cursed out, you taking it and them not getting sued or what have you. I'm pretty sure it's the same at Burger King, Wendeys and all the other fast food places that have a reputation like that. Now if you work at a restaraunt it might be a little better and a little different.

Guest Taylor
Aint nothing weird about rednecks, some of my good friends have been red necks. Some of them are just fat nasty people, but not all of them.

Yep...

Ami, racism isn't for only human races. It's for religion, types of people (like calling a white person the h work is racist, or a black person the N word is racist) it's all the same. I wouldn't say it though.

No look

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Christian is not a race but diffrent races are chritsian. Just like rednecks isn't racist because Redneck is not a race, but a group of people from diffrent races :)