Guest limpson

arresting a subject

Guest limpson

I haven't found any information on this on the forum or in the manual (LA MOD V1.8), but I am sure someone else has discovered this as well.

I have found that when I try to arrest a subject, I use my sidearm and right click on the subject. About 95% of the time they will drop to their knees, put their hands behind their head and surrender on the first try. Sometimes it has taken up to 5 or 6 right clicks, but it does seem to work the majority of the time. I have really found this useful. I have only tried it in LA MOD. Thought I would share. :)

I haven't found any information on this on the forum or in the manual (LA MOD V1.8), but I am sure someone else has discovered this as well.

I have found that when I try to arrest a subject, I use my sidearm and right click on the subject. About 95% of the time they will drop to their knees, put their hands behind their head and surrender on the first try. Sometimes it has taken up to 5 or 6 right clicks, but it does seem to work the majority of the time. I have really found this useful. I have only tried it in LA MOD. Thought I would share. :)

Yeah, this is part of the game. I'm sure many people use this function. I myself use it for more "minor" police calls, however sometimes it doens't work and they end up shooting the suspect... -_-'

Yeah, this is part of the game. I'm sure many people use this function. I myself use it for more "minor" police calls, however sometimes it doens't work and they end up shooting the suspect... -_-'

Actually its part of the LA Mod. The original game did not have an "armed arrest" function.

Guest [SAP]Francis

As Xplorer said, it is part of the mod. Also, when the suspect doesn't kneel, you only need to right-click on him until the animation starts, I know it's not realistic but... oh well.

As Xplorer said, it is part of the mod. Also, when the suspect doesn't kneel, you only need to right-click on him until the animation starts, I know it's not realistic but... oh well.

I still need to find a way so it only works once at a time. Anyway, shooting suspects won't go on their knees anymore, because in real life, you are not going to yell 'On your knees!' or 'Drop your weapon!' to a suspect when he/she is already shooting at people. And yes, the armed arrest command is part of the LA Mod. In the original game PD officers do not even carry guns, only the shooter does. :)

Like Hoppah explained, chances are in real life if some one has a gun, there not going to surrender just because a cop or cops pull there gun on them.

In my experience it depends on which distance you are from the suspect. Often I can still use the armed arrest command on armed suspects and they will surrender. But if the police officers come to close within shooting range of the suspect it will fail. In that case it ends up in a shooting between suspect and officers.

In my experience it depends on which distance you are from the suspect. Often I can still use the armed arrest command on armed suspects and they will surrender. But if the police officers come to close within shooting range of the suspect it will fail. In that case it ends up in a shooting between suspect and officers.

How the command works is that if the criminal has a gun but hasn't pointed at anything or used it, the armed arrest command can still be used. Once the criminal points the gun at an officer or something else, the command doesen't work anymore. If you're quick on the draw you can use the armed arrest on a suspect before he points his gun and possibly arrest him before he starts shooting.

Sometimes I make them kneel, cancel the arrest so that they're still kneeling, and have everyone shoot them. Usually only do that to bad criminals. :)

What counts as a "bad criminal?" lol. I can only make the petty criminals kneel (sometimes they don't even kneel), like the shoplifters and people getting into fights. I doubt a shoplifter deserves to be shot by multiple officers :P

Guest matt31896
Like Hoppah explained, chances are in real life if some one has a gun, there not going to surrender just because a cop or cops pull there gun on them.

You sure cuz I saw an LAPD officer aim at a suspect that just killed somebody with a gun and he surrendered. :nixweiss:

You sure cuz I saw an LAPD officer aim at a suspect that just killed somebody with a gun and he surrendered. :nixweiss:

Yes it actually can happen... There may be a higher chance of the suspect not surrendering, but it can still happen. A while back, near my area, an armed suspect shot somebody and barricaded himself in a house. Once the ERT (Emergency Response Team/ SWAT) came in, he gave up without incident.

Mainly it depends on the person and the circumstances.

Hmm, well. I don't use it often, or actually i prefer playing 100% realistic, which means the gun will only be drawn if there is potential danger to the people in the game. Pretty funny doing it 100% realistic, i can say..

Also if a guy with a gun is on the run, i'd mainly draw the weapon, attempts to make him kneel, if he doesn't, and aims the gun at any officers/people the officer will shoot automatticly, or i will make him/her do it.

Are you sure you read that carefully? I never said it cant happen but yes, chances are a violent criminal isnt going to go silently.

And where did you see this at?

Guest matt31896

1 The cop was alone and had no arrowhead emblems on his shoulders

2 The cop had only a pistol and the supect was a possible gangster with a fully automatic Tec-9 (Uzi)

3 Saw it while on vacation, scared the crap out of my becuz I didn't know what would happen next :ohm:scared::redcross: