Grim_Wizard

LA mod getting worse and worse

Hello all,

I love the LA mod there's nothing wrong with it but it seems to be slowly killing my computer, at first it was fine, then it progressivly got worse to the point that now my computer shuts off after freeplay.

Freeplay>End Mission>Main Menu>Shuts off

It doesn't restart, it jsut shuts off.

I'll try and get my logfile posted.

Freeplay>End Mission>Main Menu>Shuts off

It doesn't restart, it jsut shuts off.

do u mean shuts off as in ur computer shuts off or it exists the game?!? when i hit the end mission button the game exits to the desktop, didnt notice if this happened when i first got the LA mod, but it has never shut down my computer after hitting the end mission button!

Did you already try to play without the LA Mod or reinstall the game + mod? Although, I don't think this has anything to do with the mod or even the game. Maybe it's a virus or something else. Did you recently change/add hardware in your computer?

Some people have crashes to desktops after playing freeplay, but the computer should NEVER restart and that's why I don't think this is even related to the game. When a computer gets overheated or cannot get enough power it might shut itself off to prevent things getting damaged. You might want to check that.

Posting your pc specs, dx diag and logfile would be helpful.

Hoppah

^just because its clean doesnt mean it cant be an over heating problem. Over heating is the most likely cause at this point with out knowing any more info like specs,dxdiag and log file.

You still havent provided the info Hoppah asked for which would be of some use in solving the problem. ;)

When you start your game, press F12, DEL or whatever key that gets you to the BIOS.

In the bios you can see the temperature. Temp readings can be find at "PC Health Status" or something else, depends on the make and model.

Yeah, I play with the additional vehicals submod but I just got that, and it tottaly shuts off my computer, and it is not due to overheat because I just cleaned it.

I also have the same problem with the LA mod with submod of additional vehicles. I think it is just the amount of information which is to much for your PC and then it shuts down the process. When I play misisons I can still start another mission without any problem... only with freeplay the game shuts down when I try to load something else.

My game is slow. the units move slow, the lights flash slowly and i have glitches.

the glitches are the green tint glitch and the dark screen glitch please help

My computer is actually new because my old computer caught on fire and burened my apartment down to the ground (I was suprised when they called my apartment number on dispatch for a structure fire) but I do have a very crappy graphics card, so that may be a problem, I may have to go to RNK and get a new one but I doubt that my computer has a replacable graphics card.

You mean external? You already know the anser I am sure but for the sake of the question, the eSATA drives can handle the data much better, but heat is still a concern for most external hard drives. Its a factor on internal drive performance/reliability, but most cases have better air flow then most external hard drive cases.