Xplorer4x4

Windows 7

I think I will, I had the BETA before and I must say it did suck a bit. I now have the RC (Release Candidate) and its much better! I love all the features, basically every thing works with it. A defo 10/10 for me, I will be upgrading depending on the price at release :D (I'm talking to you via Windows 7 now :P )

IUS? Yeah I think I am going to take advantage of that to and pick up a 64 bit edition rather then paying $100+ for 64 bit XP. Thing is I cant decide on weather I want to upgrade or not as soon as its released. I think Im going to preorder and then give it a bit just to be sure they dont manage to screw it up between now and then.

Wow i made the plunge to Windows 7 now, and its amazing! When i initially tried it it did run faster then vista but didnt consume much less RAM. I can see this has now changed as it uses about 15-25% less ram if memory serves me right.

However I can not seem to get EM4 Deluxe to run in full screen under Windows 7. Any ideas?

I have Windows Vista on my current (1,5 year old) desktop pc. It runs great, so I do not see a reason to upgrade to Windows 7. Even if it runs twice as fast as Vista. My new laptop has a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it officially comes out, so that's cool.

hopefully they do release it near the end of this year or early next cause i dont want Vista, XP is better anything thats a replacement for XP has to be good, esp. with all of the testimonials

cause my dad wants to get me a new PC for games cause this one is an old PC that kinda sucks and his new one he wont let me use cause its his damn "picture PC". he let me either choose between Vista and W7, and unfortunately every PC comes with Vista it so it kinda limited my options :P. oh well. me want new PC.

If I can get an upgrade to the eqivelent of Vista Home Premium for under $150 I will most likely be upgrading. Gotta get ready for the DX11 GT300 cards coming out.

Well somewhere in 2010 indeed :holdglass:

I preordered Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Dutch at my internship :)

FYI Windows 7 is coming out on October 22. Wait and get a computer with Windows 7. Have someone build it for you. You get a much higher quality computer if you build it yourself or someone builds it for you.

yes but it takes longer and can be more expensive (depends on the parts :P)

thats good. maybe i can get a new PC for Christmas (except my mom would kill and eat me and my dad :rolleyes: ah women

Well somewhere in 2010 indeed :holdglass:

I thought DX11 cars were set to release this year?

yes but it takes longer and can be more expensive (depends on the parts :P)

thats good. maybe i can get a new PC for Christmas (except my mom would kill and eat me and my dad :rolleyes: ah women

Well yes, it can be more expensive depending on what you put in it, but most of the time, for what ever budget you set aside for a prebuilt, you will get more bang for your buck from a prebuilt. Plus it gives you a since of satisfaction and accomplishment to build your own. On top of that building a PC is almost like a big lego kit, except everything pretty much fits one way and one way only. Just dont force anything. If something doesnt fit, then it probably doesnt belong there.

using windows 7 ultimate for the past month and i love it over XP, i did have vista on this computer, but only used it for abour 2 motnhs, so i didnt get to involved with it before i installed windows 7.

i want to see if i can get another windows 7 activation key for my old computer, might just ask for 7 home premium for that.

i have not tried to install EM4 on this computer yet.

Well yes, it can be more expensive depending on what you put in it, but most of the time, for what ever budget you set aside for a prebuilt, you will get more bang for your buck from a prebuilt. Plus it gives you a since of satisfaction and accomplishment to build your own. On top of that building a PC is almost like a big lego kit, except everything pretty much fits one way and one way only. Just dont force anything. If something doesnt fit, then it probably doesnt belong there.

does it matter if you put in a system (like windows) or can you make your own?

Windows 7 SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it more than Vista. XP is the greatest OS ever made by microsoft :D it runs really well.

Care to elaborate? The new taskbar is GREAT and far less cluttered then XP. The search/run box in the start menu for Vista/7 is so much better the digging through folders as I never remember where the hell things are when i have like 3 rows of program folders. You can customize which tray icons to display or hide. I loved XP but Win 7 is the greatest Windows OS ever released imo.