Guest MonkeySquasher

Scripting questions, etc.

Guest MonkeySquasher

Yes, I know this is off-topic. I put it here mainly because this is the most heavily trafficked part of the forums, and I know the people with the answers frequent here. After I get the answers, I'll probably delete the topic.

I couldn't find answers to these using the search engine, or atleast answers that satisfied me. haha

I know Hoppah once posted a link for a site on EM4/FR911 scripting, but it was in German. Any chance there's an English version of that around? I realize that I can just use a translator, except I can't write scripts in German, since I won't understand what I'm writing. And even then, if I screw it up with the translator, it'll just make me script wrong.

Also, I found a post taking about a "script generator"... Does that exist? Where would I find it? Is there a C++ script generator around that will work on it?

Guest [SAP]Francis

A generator? Nah, this can't exist. Any script is 100% made by the person with the idea, there is no way you can tell a program to script that, and then do this, etc. It's not created yet and will never be created as a computer will never have humans' judgement.

To answer to your question, no there is no "English guide". However, somebody might create one someday.

Of course there is English guides about the C++ syntax, but nothing related to Emergency itself.

Actually there is a script generator but its in german(i think) so it wouldnt be of much use to you. I dont personally see how such a thing can exist but it does.

From what I have seen on the script wiki the code is in english just not the descriptions so a translator should be fine.

It's this website http://www.emergency-wiki.de/index.php/Kategorie:Scripts

And it's not available in English. You're lucky the codes itself are in English and selfexplaining for the biggest part.

The hardest part is learning how to use them and that site doesn't teach you that. If you need help with something just post it. :)

Hoppah

Guest RescueMe

I have only one question, I'll use your topic because I think that my question is about scripting /somewhere/. However, I want to put national guard men (black suits) in undercover police car in freeplay mode. Can do this make it and what I must to change to put this units in PD?

Thaks you :)

RescueMe

Guest MonkeySquasher

So, scripting basically requires lots of time and notepad.

What do I need for making models of cars and buildings?

And what do I need for making maps.. *shifty eyes*

well most people i have talked too prefer to use zmodler2 to make cars and buildings as for maps you should use photoshop with a cearton plugin which can be found in the download section along with a link to zmodler2 website i beleve.

Guest MonkeySquasher

so basically.. use photoshop to make the map, use zmod to make the buildings, place buildings on map like object. gotcha.

also, I finally found the tutorials, so I'm browsing through them. haha

So, scripting basically requires lots of time and notepad.

Notepad2 is my personal preference, and its free.

well most people i have talked too prefer to use zmodler2 to make cars and buildings as for maps you should use photoshop with a cearton plugin which can be found in the download section along with a link to zmodler2 website i beleve.

Photoshop has the plug in already I believe. Atleast PS7 did.

so basically.. use photoshop to make the map, use zmod to make the buildings, place buildings on map like object. gotcha.

also, I finally found the tutorials, so I'm browsing through them. haha

No buildings are placed using the game editor which came with the game.

Guest MonkeySquasher

I watched tyman's video on map floor making, and he uses photos from google map. With PS, can I still just make my own grass areas/sidewalks/streets/etc without copy pasting?

Yes, I know this is off-topic. I put it here mainly because this is the most heavily trafficked part of the forums, and I know the people with the answers frequent here. After I get the answers, I'll probably delete the topic.

You can't delete your own topics

post moved to the EM4 modding section

Yes, if you're really experienced with Photoshop you can make your own textures. However, I suggest you use the map textures from our download database to make a new map and that involves alot of copy/paste work.

Zmodeler2 is preferred by most people for a couple of reasons:

- It's cheap

- It's easy

- It's the only program with a .V3O plugin

- No need for expensive software for low-polygon models