Dosedmonkey

Coastal Rescue UK Mod [Alpha Released]

That would be the unimog indeed! Got them this summer in Dorset area after they were trying to use normal appliances off road in combination with Land Rovers to stop heath fires, which proved a pain in the ass.

I believe Dorchester have one of those Appliances with the hydraulic pad on, it'd be possible to put in game, but pretty damn hard, a lot of animation and coding. Won't be attempting it, yet! :P

OK, thanks. :)

I remember my area had a huge heath fire on top of a hill they had 2 off-road 4x4, 6 normal appliances, 1 water tanker, a fire incident response van and 2 fire chiefs cars. They only used the 4x4 to put it out and the others were used for refilling them.

It was very interesting. I watched for a few hours. :P

Okay Festival will post my video later, once Youtube has processed it so it runs in HD.

Please remember.

- Yes I know I miss spelt the mod name in the title, embarrasing!

- This was recorded during bug testing, so there is still bugs

- No need to point out all the bugs in the video, thankyou!

- This is not our Freeplay map, but one being used by myself for testing.

Expect the vid up in this thread in a few hours. ;)

Great video! nice work!!

Wow great vid. Is that going to be a mission in the mod: arrest the illegal alien? :police::loldev:

Also the traffic flow works very good. You even mangaed to make people drive 0on the left side of the road. Impressive!!! Keep up the good work!

UPDATE TIME

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/egg...mbo_monitor.jpg

- New Ambulance

- New BMW X5 Dorset ARV; the sleak black BMW X5 Armed Response Vehicle appeared on the streets of South Dorset soon after England won the 2012 Olympic bid.

- New Fire Monitors; used when it is not safe for a fireman to remain on the end of a hose, such as fire fighting a firework factory or a warehouse of gas cylinders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/eggburt/diversion.jpg

- Cone laying example

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/eggburt/coupling.jpg

- Fire hose coupling, so you can double the usual fire hose length.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/eggburt/RTA.jpg

- Bollocks I managed to cause a RTA! :P lol

QUESTION - Any UK fire fighters know if we use wye (Y) couplings for hoses here?

Sorry to say, but RTA'S Are Now Called RTC'S Road Traffic Collisions. Im Not Sure Why

Sorry to say, but RTA'S Are Now Called RTC'S Road Traffic Collisions. Im Not Sure Why

It's RTC's or RTI's (Road Traffic Collisions) and (Road Traffic Incident)

It's because not all RTC's are accidents some are done on purpose like insurance claims. It' another silly thing the government changed.

But does it matter?

If this is not the Freeplay map, what will the Freeplay map be like? Or have you not thought about it yet?

The whole thing is looking fantastic and I can't wait to play it.

This is a test map, I might turn into mission 01. It also has cliff segments onto the sea. ;)

The freeplay map is currently under construction. Based on Weymouth town centre.

The alien was just a joke for you geys hehe. ;)

UPDATE!

motorbike_crossing.jpg

So most of what I did on the weekend is coding, try to show as much as possible above, but will explain...

- Now all vehicles do not run without a person onboard to drive.

- All new motorbike assocaited scripts, first ever scripts I coded from scratch!

- All new paramedic stretcher script, can be compared to Winterburg style, to get a stretcher, you must have both individual paramedics (can now heal) in the ambulance, then press the 'paramedic stretcher' button unload both of them with their stretcher.

- I think this possibly the first ever purely pedestrain crossing, with working pedestrain lights for EM4.

Must say Dosedmonkey your making some fantastic progress with the Mod. From the first time you announced the Mod i thought it was just gonna be another reskin of the defualt vehicles and such more... but you've proved me wrong :D.

I like the lastest update and by the looks of things so does everyone else. Nice Police motorbike you've made and not to mention Pedsteran crossing. I liked your video as well :).

Anyways sure I speak for everyone else when I say, keep up the fantasic work and look forward to some future updates :gut: