Dosedmonkey

Coastal Rescue UK Mod [Alpha Released]

Guest krystle

well, please don't kill me if i said something wrong.. :23_31_4:

I was reading the Los Angeles Mod Manual, saw the Red Cross Hummer, and I was thinking why not to have vehicles of RC/SJA that transport some paramedics to the scene of MCI? Since they don't wanna add ambulance.. :happy:

Guest krystle

Grrrr... Just forget it what i said.. :banned:

:gruebel: Unique?? The mod will be most unique one if they have Cycle Response Unit patrolling around the city (no matter NHS or SJA).. :grinsevil:

:s Well im just kidding :gaehnen:

edit: 2:03AM

:D how bout medic bikes?? dey looks kewl.. :mellow:

Grrrr... Just forget it what i said.. :banned:

:gruebel: Unique?? The mod will be most unique one if they have Cycle Response Unit patrolling around the city (no matter NHS or SJA).. :grinsevil:

:s Well im just kidding :gaehnen:

edit: 2:03AM

:D how bout medic bikes?? dey looks kewl.. :mellow:

Not sure if push bikes are possible, probably are thought :)

But i think there are only in big cities like London.

Hmm, see thats like first aid treatment centre, not exactly a mass casualty unit/transport, its something i'll just be adding a lot later in the mod I guess, so much coding to do already. :1046275767_ugly:

OK, thanks for reply :)

You get push bike parimedics in every busy pedestrainised town really, they have atleast one in Weymouth, as it also has the sea front area. But yes near impossible to put into this game engine with the tools currently available, well if you want moving legs anyway lol.

Thanks to the lack of real animation tools for EM4 its becoming a bit of a project in itself, its on the back burners currently, until I find a good method of implimenting it. ;)

Spending most the time currently coding new functions into the game, so the gameplay is just as good as the new vehicles :12:

Thanks to the lack of real animation tools for EM4 its becoming a bit of a project in itself, its on the back burners currently, until I find a good method of implimenting it. ;)

Tried this?

Spending most the time currently coding new functions into the game, so the gameplay is just as good as the new vehicles :12:

If the gameplays as good as the units it'll be amazing! :)

I am aware of Hoppahs programme, and still whats involved using it, thankyou though. :) Most stuff is just the fact I have a lack of time, if anyone has a spare £30k a year to pay me to work on this full time, i'd be more then happy to do this instead of my real job hehe ;)

Guest yuriclone
Sorry it has takin me a long time to reply but yuri your wrong st. john ambulance and I'm trained in alot more than how to cover the bleed and minor stuff we are trained in how to stop it how to slow down bleeding ect. We arnt just a back up ambulance service just becuase we arnt payed dosent mean we dont act like any other ambulance service does we know alsorts of stuff if we wernt usful we wouldent still be on the streets we are also trained in alot more than first aid being cadet i just finshed my electrical appliences handling that involes Defib ,life support systems (sorry if i spelt some things wrong dislectic) 3 weeks back i passed my emergency transport that involes transporting a casualty by ambulance with blues and twos with the ambulance rocking side to side as we turn each corner while your in the back stibilizing the casualty 2 months ago i just finished how to stabalize a casualty with major injeries iv done alot more those things up there are nothing to do with first aid but we do them if we were a first aid unit we would have writing on the side saying first aid unit yes we do have some ambulances saying that on the side but we have alot that dont have it becuase we are alot more than first aid trained! :angry: End of!.

EDIT: Removed previous comments within this post in order to stay on topic. Taken on board whats you say, but obviously I disagree quite a lot, and my final word is that I've never seen a patient delivered to A&E by SJA. But lets not go into it, it could become an unnecessary distraction to the bigger picture, the important thing is the development of this awesome mod.

From personal experience, in my area the idea of cyclist paramedics was trialled, but is no longer used as it was far too rural to be a success. A cyclist can't go very far, or very fast, and can't do much when they get there other than triage and call for help. On the other hand, we still use paramedics on motorbikes in much the same way first responders are used, especially in the centres of population to speed up times when getting through traffic. The only thing is, these units are much more expensive for the local PCT (primary care trust) responsible than a rapid response vehicle, as they require the capital expenditure of the bike, as well as all of the training of the rider to become not only a paramedic, but also a qualified motorcyclist and also qualified for blues and twos. Which costs a lot of money. So in general terms its actually quite rare to have them, they're certainly not universal.

Most PCTs actually brought in the rapid response vehicles in place of motorcyclists, because they allow transport of much more equipment (big cylinders of oxygen, entonox, bulky stuff like that), they can carry more than one paramedic, and can transport people to hospital if push comes to shove. Modern ambulances are deceptively heavy, and so are very slow, due to having to carry hydraulic lifts for stretchers and chairs these days, things like that. Rapid response vehicles can be light, nimble and are cheaper than ambulances, so get there first. Hence these days we generally refer to ambulances as nothing more than taxis (a little harsh but still quite true!)

So - in summary I've not seen cyclists used, IMHO motorcyclists are not really v useful or realistic due to lack of equipment carried, basically I think normal first responders are the best and most realistic. And its easier to produce a game without loads of random new units!

Guest yuriclone

And whilst you're thinking of the gameplay, one of the things I'd like to see is the possibility of selecting how to deploy. This is primarily for the fire units but would be possible for use with the police too.

To fill this in a bit, a few of the features in the LA mod were really useful. One of these is the ability to "Fast Deploy" for a fire, where the crew will exit the vehicle, collect hoses and connect them to the pump. Hence one button combines three tasks into one sequence. I found this so useful when playing, and it actually made things more realistic too.

Could this idea be expanded upon? What about deploying for a car crash, where one member of the crew will fetch jaws of life, another a fire extinguisher (for example). Or some kind of variation on this theme perhaps? Or the possibility of deployment for a "building rescue", where the crew will all collect BA (I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was carried on each vehicle, and that the crew themselves were non-BA unless they collected it and were equipped, although I'm not sure on this), then one collects an axe to break down any doors, and the 1 or 2 of the crew collect fire extinguishers. From a gameplay point of view it would make things a lot more seamless and so much realistic in game.

As an example for the possible police deployments, there could be a for traffic control option, where one officer collects cones and the other directs traffic.

I know this would be a bit of a nightmare with everything else to be done, but would make the gameplay much better (as I keep banging on about, sorry!) and would possibly make this mod more playable for a wider audience. If you guys were aiming at stealing some of LA mod's thunder I seriously think that it could be done, with slick modelling, gameplay and a drive to make a realistic game.

I'm willing to help as much as I can - although I'll be honest and say I can't script to save my life, I could have a go at making skins but I have no previous experience of it. However, I'm happy to be a tool (I know a few people think that of me already!) for any simple tasks which need doing, like fact finding or looking at technical data for vehicles, or stuff like that. Just PM me!

Medic cyclists would be great in cities or big towns but rubbish in rural areas. Anyway Dosed said they won't be in the mod.

I think Dosed said he'll include a 'rapid deployment' in the mod.

An RRV can't respond to every medical call so ambulances are used as RRV and 'taxis'

BTW: Don't double post.

mabye you could add a police bike unit. where i live they use them all the time to stop traffic and chase down crooks in small streets. does not have to be bike could be motobike.

I hope so. As I said we will just have to wait and see what Dosedmonkey says ;)

Of course :)

Question for Dosed or festival:

For the inshore lifeboat, in the mod, will you be able to see RNLI crew in it? Or is just to hard to do?

I know on the pictures the boat appears empty but are you planning on changing that?