Dosedmonkey

Coastal Rescue UK Mod [Alpha Released]

Its looking amazing my friend!

My aim is to get my lifeboat house in game this weekend, the jetty and the in-shore boat house have been started.

Do you still think you are going near Portland Dosed?

Cheers, JPH

Yep this sunday, just need to remember when i drive past it lol.

Forensics - they both work the same mate. And look the same down my way. ;) Primarily its for the fire station though. :)

The signs look quality.

I remember someone asking in the London mod if it was possible, but i just had a quick question in regards to the traffic;

Will it be on the left?

haha

[Edit - Just checked thru and they have confirmed it will be, are you gonna ask if you can nick the scripting behind it?]

Yes of course it will be on the left. I'm not sure if you even need to script it, I think you just lay the road paths down on the map, lane by lane. And also ourselves and London mod work closely together and share a lot of resources anyway, so neither of us would need to 'nick' it. ;)

Can't wait to get home and skin me models and update the mod today! :D

You'll have to have that Armed Response Police Car!

thats london met, this isnt a london mod. nice car etc and we may include it later on but at the minute we are trying to make more specific units found around coastal areas rather than at areas that are non coastal related ('tis a coastal mod after all :juggle: ) and some generic vehicles that are found all over. ARV will be in there, at the moment we have a grey styled vehicle like in the pic, it may change as the mod evolves, but rest assured, like most mod groups we are researching till our fingers blister :1046276057_GroupHug:

lightbars etc are to be reviewed later, we are trying to get a working mod with the brit feel to it as a first release, but a decent one at that. suggestions are always listened to and where fit, added to the already maaaaaaassive to do list. but we have a list of priority tasks and that one is midway up the list at the moment.

Bless him, i think dosedmonkey has lost some hair whilst being on this mod :1046275767_ugly:

Okay guys, first to answer a few questions, love your research and photos, keep it up, my brain is often burnt out from work and such, so great to hear new stuff, for example, festival isn't just an amazing modeler for this mod, he also helps my mind stay on the ball along with your suggestions!

As far as the BMW ARV, that is a london one, i had the skin for, but now changed to harbour police as thats more accrete for the vehicle, the ARV here actually uses estates... see update below ;) As for lightbars, i'm not massively into making the most accrete ones at the mo, as that can be very time consuming and a project in itself, so i have gone for the ones i know off the top of my head, and light timings are good, but not accrete, and defenetly not the LED ones that flash about fifty times a second lol for time consuming reasons again! Sorry, this will be something to easily update later on though I promise.

As for ANPR, where this mod is doesn't have massive dual carriage way systems, but they have rescently implimented hell of a lot of static ANPR cameras in the town, on almost every slightly busy road in the area, which turns out to be more effective, someone who stole quarter of a million pounds from her daughters dance class in the midlands did not get detected until she got to her hide away location of Weymouth, and then she got arrested with in 24hrs thanks to ANPR, you can't beat that! But good idea, as only now i think of adding static ANPR and the possibilities of coding in some sort of suspect detection system, with different levels of ANPR 'pinging', e.g. no car insurance, suspected drug dealer, upto absolute wanted suspect.

So, THE BIG UPDATE...

I actually wish i had time to do more, but went Airsofting on Sunday, bought a sweet M4 CQB rifle, more about that another time lol

new_police1.jpg

new_police2.jpg

- Harbour Police silver car

- ARV BMW

- Highway Agency Land Rover Discovery

- Highway Agency Traffic Officer

- Police Traffic Officer

roadworks.jpg

- Updated Engineers Flatbed Van

- Roadwork warning vehicle, with light control script button shown

- Slightly updated engineers skin

module1.jpg

module2.jpg

module3.jpg

module4.jpg

module5.jpg

module6.jpg

- Module carrying flatbed with assocaited script

- Module 1-3 equipment container

- Module 4 with dozer

fire_station.jpg

- Firestation being tested in one corner of the freeplay map

overview_23rd.jpg

And of course, the latest overview of the vehicles in game! :12:

Hope you enjoy guys, got a lot of very important stuff on at work next couple of weeks, so updates might be a bit slower, I pre-apologise now. ;)