Guest Mofugga

Copyright information for Hoppa?

Guest Mofugga

Hoppa,

I respect the time and effort you put into your mods and I play them, what has me confused about your "copyright" is there is no information on it. You tell alot of poeple that you need to ask for permission this and that, truthfully where is the solid proof, because verbal copyrights dont exist.

Im not sure how it works in your country but in the US you have to submit your work to the US Copryright Office and you have to pay an application fee. If you have done this can you scan your SL-35 and post it since it becomes public information. Read Below:

Also, when you submit a "work" to the copyright office all of your information becomes public. Where is all that info??

Not to be a hardballer, but until you can prove you have a legit copyright, your work is open to anyone and anything. So technically, no one has to ask permission to do anything to ANY mod. Of course its common courtesy to ask the author.

Guest MonkeySquasher
Hoppa,

I respect the time and effort you put into your mods and I play them, what has me confused about your "copyright" is there is no information on it. You tell alot of poeple that you need to ask for permission this and that, truthfully where is the solid proof, because verbal copyrights dont exist.

Im not sure how it works in your country but in the US you have to submit your work to the US Copryright Office and you have to pay an application fee. If you have done this can you scan your SL-35 and post it since it becomes public information. Read Below:

Also, when you submit a "work" to the copyright office all of your information becomes public. Where is all that info??

Not to be a hardballer, but until you can prove you have a legit copyright, your work is open to anyone and anything. So technically, no one has to ask permission to do anything to ANY mod. Of course its common courtesy to ask the author.

/facepalm

Enjoy spending time in legal aid apparently?

International law is worse than american laws my friend, I'd study up if I were you before I go assuming all places are a 1/1 of american law... I'm not sure their home nations work like the US model exactly....

Aside from that you are bringing up CORPORATE law, not private sector intellectual property rights, which generally would be the closest applicable thing here.

My work is my intellectual property. I worked on it through my own efforts so I own my work under protection of the law.

I have the original files to prove such to be the case, you don't.

Copyrighting is designed for corporate use. They pay for copyrights to protect a product which you have to pay for in a final product.

Do you want my mod to became incorporated, so I have to copywrite/patent everything custom I made?

Besides this, there are still end-user licensing agreements. My mod doesn't have them yet, but I might add them to the new installer I've made.

You agree to the terms and conditions even if you refuse to read it.

On the other hand, it's a also a matter of showing respect to the author.

If people would take anything from my mod they want I would stop modding before you even know it.

Hoppah

Guest GB619
Hoppa,

Not a good way to enter these forums,im with hoppah,he and his team have put a lot of effort into this,and for you to come here and question the legality of his copyright in my eyes is a disgrace,the vast majority of users of this forum trust and respect Hoppah for all the freetime and effort he puts into his MOD,and you will find you will gain no friends from questioning his copyrighting of his MOD,the last thing we want is people to hurl accusations at Hoppah and then he stop doing his MODS,so hoppah you know most people here support you,so please dont let a small minority p**s you off

Hoppa,

:nixweiss:

All I should say is"WOW"...can't belive that one could start shouting out as soon as he joind in the community

"you can take anything you want from Hoppah!" ...how shameless! Technically? In common? doesn't matter.

I suggest that from next time, think more wisely, then open you mouth.

Since when do we fall under US law?

Hoppa,

Hi Dom911 by the way...

Just to remember you, this comes right of the Terms of Service you agreed on registration or thereafter:

The Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Netherlands without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the country of The Netherlands to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms.

BY GOING ON UNSING THE SERVICE YOU AUTOMATICLY AGREE TO THOSE TERMS!

So conclude under what law we fall?

:nixweiss:

All I should say is"WOW"...can't belive that one could start shouting out as soon as he joind in the community

"you can take anything you want from Hoppah!" ...how shameless! Technically? In common? doesn't matter.

I suggest that from next time, think more wisely, then open you mouth.

I totally agree agree with you.

You should have respect for Hoppah and other great modders.

Guest Marc435
Hoppa,

What are you trying to do anyway? I am with Hoppa and agree that his work should not be stolen. He and everyone else that work their butts off on these mods should be respected for the number of hours and time that they put in this FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!! :mad22:

Since the nature of this thread is of great importance to mod makers, and any and all people in the United States and abroad who put their hard time and effort into creating things for others to enjoy, I've decided to post some FACTS that everyone should understand, and which apparently, the Original Poster does not.

From US Copyright Office

What is copyright?

Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.

What does copyright protect?

Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."

When is my work protected?

Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?

No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

Why should I register my work if copyright protection is automatic?

Registration is recommended for a number of reasons. Many choose to register their works because they wish to have the facts of their copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie evidence in a court of law. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration” and Circular 38b, Highlights of Copyright Amendments Contained in the Uruguay Round Agreements Act (URAA), on non-U.S. works.

Is my copyright good in other countries?

The United States has copyright relations with most countries throughout the world, and as a result of these agreements, we honor each other's citizens' copyrights. However, the United States does not have such copyright relationships with every country. For a listing of countries and the nature of their copyright relations with the United States, see Circular 38a, International Copyright Relations of the United States.

Per Circular 38a

Netherlands and Possessions · Bilateral Nov. 20, 1899; Berne (Paris) Nov. 1, 1912; UCC Geneva June 22, 1967; UCC Paris Nov. 30, 1985; Phonograms Oct. 12, 1993; WTO Jan. 1, 1995

This means that this mod and other works are covered by US Copyright law, as well as international conventions and any misuse can and WILL BE prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Make no mistake about it, these are the FACTS, and to the original poster, be aware that idle threats and stupidity are not taken lightly in this, or any other forum.

Hoppa,

Hey dude, it's just a matter of respect. He spent countless hours of work on this, and to just join the forums and immediatly point the finger and yell that anyone can do anything to his porperty is downright disrespectful. :mellow:

Note what Stan Said:

Hi Dom911 by the way...

I did the same check and sure enough.... :loldev:

Hopefully he will respond under his real name and not a false one, I too do not know why this was closed since there is still room for a response on why someone would try to pull that...

Hey dude, it's just a matter of respect. He spent countless hours of work on this, and to just join the forums and immediatly point the finger and yell that anyone can do anything to his porperty is downright disrespectful. :mellow:

lol id like to see what INTERPOL'd do. throw stale baguets at ppl who infringe on copyright? lol

INTERPOL has no power anymore anyway... and heres proof of my point that my work IS copyrighted, while some certain people *cough, cough* said it wasnt. wtf. that makes no sense.

i could always get to my safehouse in Ukraine lol

good answer Hopp, im sure Mo didnt mean any disrespect but possibly some clarification

Funny that you play a double game...

You start the topic under a new nickname and then reply like that. Explain me the purpose? Are you trying to get "friend"with Hoppah or anyone here? Like check guys! I'm on your side!

You start the topic under a new nickname and then reply like that. Explain me the purpose? Are you trying to get "friend"with Hoppah or anyone here? Like check guys! I'm on your side!

Ohh... someone got found out :P BACKFIRE!

Quite entertaining :holdglass:

So the result was already clear from the first part when he tried to play games with the administrator... lol

He was unable to overthrow the other posts so he helped...himself. Yeah, simple entertainment.

for more than two years he was the menber of this community but wasn't acutually paying ANY respect to

Hoppah and other moderators and administrator... what a guy :rofl: