Batt62

Help!

Guest NPD-Traffic
I need help reskinning, How do I change the Side logo of a vehicle? :nixweiss:

its .dds work under downloads i believe there is a dds converter in tools and with that you can convert and paint or reskin cars.

Yep, there is indeed :D

Also, if you have Photoshop, then you can Download a DDS plugin, so you can work it straight from Photoshop, no conversions needed, one thing though, remember to unlock the skin file if it a skin of Hoppah's

sorry, I forgot to mention, I know how to upload it into microsoft paint, reskin it, and then get it back into the game, but the problem is when I upload it into the game, It still has the lapd logo(I reskinned the lapd patrol car)

Ok, first, I gotta ask, did you re-convert it BACK to the same .dds file it was? and if so, did it go through? 'Cause when I first started out (on Em3) I had that problem. You need to re-convert it from your saved .jpeg or whatever you're using back to the .dds, and you can't change the file name. Hope it helps

Cheers :cheers:

^you can edit the file names so long as you open the v3o files and adjust them accordingly.

yeah, so I did convert it to .jpg and then back to .dds, but the problem is, when I load it into the game it still has the lapd logo on the door of the car

yeah, so I did convert it to .jpg and then back to .dds, but the problem is, when I load it into the game it still has the lapd logo on the door of the car

I have had this problem. Well, what I did was re-skin the CHP car (you've seen my NYC topic, right?) to look like NYPD. In the editor I switched the door on the LAPD car with the door from the re-skinned CHP car. (So it matched the NYPD skin). Only issue is you have to position it just right in the Children editor and some scripting or something may be required to make the door open in the game after you replace it. I have yet to do the "scripting" part.

Anyway I think the LAPD cruiser uses the Slicktop's door model file, so try re-skinning the slick-top's door and see if that doesn't work as a last resort.

I hope this helps and feel free to PM me if you still need help. :)

-Bama1234

NYC Sub-Mod

^the doors are controlled in the edit children menu on the right side. It has options to control the direction and the purpose.

That wasnt directed at you. What i was saying is if you change the name of the dds file all you have to do is open the v3o and edit 2 parts. Pretty easy to figure out what to change in there.

^the doors are controlled in the edit children menu on the right side. It has options to control the direction and the purpose.

That wasnt directed at you. What i was saying is if you change the name of the dds file all you have to do is open the v3o and edit 2 parts. Pretty easy to figure out what to change in there.

ahh, ok thanks, but what do I change it to?

the name of the dds file.

For my dive rescue 6 posted here i used the v3o for the vintage ambulance and modified it like so:

Original"

SRF, ambulance6, 0, 0, 0, ambulance6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Modified:

SRF, Dive_Rescue_6, 0, 0, 0, Dive_Rescue_6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Get the idea?

the name of the dds file.

For my dive rescue 6 posted here i used the v3o for the vintage ambulance and modified it like so:

Original"

SRF, ambulance6, 0, 0, 0, ambulance6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Modified:

SRF, Dive_Rescue_6, 0, 0, 0, Dive_Rescue_6.dds, 517, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Get the idea?

no, sorry, I don't get it, So what do I do with theses numbers?

no, sorry, I don't get it, So what do I do with theses numbers?

It doesnt get any simpler of an explanation. You do nothing with the numbers. Read the two lines and compare the differences.

How do you unlock hoppahs .dds files??

Fist, you find the v3o file for that model. Rename it to model.v3o.bak or ~model.v3o, bassicly just change the name. Now, go to the dds file and change it from model.dds to model.v3o, then open the editor. Load the LA Mod. Go to to Modifications->Unpack, browse to the model.v3o file(the one that was originally a dds file), and click ok. Now you can close the editor, Change the filenames back to the way they were, and your ready to roll.

It doesnt get any simpler of an explanation. You do nothing with the numbers. Read the two lines and compare the differences.

Fist, you find the v3o file for that model. Rename it to model.v3o.bak or ~model.v3o, bassicly just change the name. Now, go to the dds file and change it from model.dds to model.v3o, then open the editor. Load the LA Mod. Go to to Modifications->Unpack, browse to the model.v3o file(the one that was originally a dds file), and click ok. Now you can close the editor, Change the filenames back to the way they were, and your ready to roll.

I see, but what am I comparing?