Guest NPD-Traffic

LA MOD Siren Replacement

Any youtube videos of these sounds? I like to know what I'm downloading.

Why would you want videos of sounds?

For any one not sure how to use these sirens just go the tutorials section of this forum and hoopah explains it quite well. Just keep in mind siren.script is for the original game, but renamed to lasiren.script is for the la mod. ;)

Guest NPD-Traffic
i renamed the sounds but the original are still there what causes this?

you renamed the sirens in this pack siren01 (example )

Then dragged it into the La mod folder under audio>fx>sirens ?

Any youtube videos of these sounds? I like to know what I'm downloading.

what do you mean exactly how to install them?

or just a demo?

you renamed the sirens in this pack siren01 (example )

Then dragged it into the La mod folder under audio>fx>sirens ?

what do you mean exactly how to install them?

or just a demo?

I just wanted to hear them, I downloaded anyway though, so no worries.

Guest NPD-Traffic
i renamed the sirens in the folders is that correct? after i put them in la folder.

ok like this lets say you like the siren called federal signal sm.

You rename it siren05 to replace one of the police sirens then drag and drop that renamed sound file into the sirens folder under la mod

Guest NPD-Traffic
ok i got it very very nice job thanks for the help :12::D

no problem just remember siren05 siren06 are the 2 possible pd combos

Siren04 siren03 are ems and small rescue units combos

Siren01 siren02 are fire and heavy rescue combos

NYPD i just realized somthing unique about your sounds. if you put them in the way you said once you press the siren button you get one siren but if you turn it off and then on again you get another. so for the patrol cars you really have two sirens to chose from very great job. :laugh::D:12:

EDIT: i just realized this works with all siren units!

Guest NPD-Traffic
NYPD i just realized somthing unique about your sounds. if you put them in the way you said once you press the siren button you get one siren but if you turn it off and then on again you get another. so for the patrol cars you really have two sirens to chose from very great job. :laugh::D:12:

EDIT: i just realized this works with all siren units!

indeed

Thats why i provided it XD i gave 4 for each diff type all people had to do is chose 2 of the 4 they liked rename and replace

Guest SHERIFF05

Love them - Especially the siren taken that sounds like they are outside, Adds to realism

Used 6 of them....

Also

ONLY PROBLEM

The amplification has to be turned down - - TOO loud...

SHERIFF

Guest NPD-Traffic
Love them - Especially the siren taken that sounds like they are outside, Adds to realism

Used 6 of them....

Also

ONLY PROBLEM

SHERIFF

Yup i keep my vol low due to that XD

Used 6 of them....

Also

ONLY PROBLEM

SHERIFF

There is a way to change this... If you have Goldwave (Maybe another, I use Goldwave) you can reduce the volume on the sirens...

All you have to do is start Goldwave, open the siren, make sure it's all selected, and, up at the top, near the VU Meter, click Change volume, and bring it down IN LITTLE INCREMENTS, as if you go much past like 10%, it takes the sound right out lol. Hope it helps :)

Guest NPD-Traffic
There is a way to change this... If you have Goldwave (Maybe another, I use Goldwave) you can reduce the volume on the sirens...

All you have to do is start Goldwave, open the siren, make sure it's all selected, and, up at the top, near the VU Meter, click Change volume, and bring it down IN LITTLE INCREMENTS, as if you go much past like 10%, it takes the sound right out lol. Hope it helps :)

i know how to lower audio :zzz:

ive worked with audio sence 9th grade in school lol i dont use any of thoes cheap programs i got professional ones :P

And some basics that help out

is there a way to make a voice over for the dispatch when you get a call in stead of that english guy

most likely there is so far ive edited vehicle sirens weapon and firehouse bells along with oters im move onto him next

Ok amazing but i need help installing them, which files do i rename, yours or the regular ones? Do I delete the old ones? There are 4 sirens in each category but how do i select the ones I want? Please help

Mike CCFES

Ok extract the new sirens to la mid 1.8 next rename the sirens you busted extracted. Now copy and paste the wav sirens you just renamed to the la siren folder and overite should work

Guest firemike550
Hello everyone,

This is a small mod ive created over some time, it is a complete replacement for the emergency vehicle sirens within the La Mod.

:schreiben:

Read Me:

Here is a audio mod for the LA MOD

LA MOD SIREN REPLACEMENT

By: NPD-Traffic

Note some of these sounds are completely made by myself and others are off the net only

edited by me so they'd work in game.

Ive also put each siren into a folder of what units there most likely to fit with better

This means you can mix and match there are no issues the folders are just there as a

suggestion

To install these mods you must:

1- goto your wizard works folder unit your local C drive

2- go to mods>LA MOD>Audio>FX>siren

3- Rename sounds found in this mod pack to what you would like replaced.

Siren01 and Siren02 are both fire trucks and some heavy police units.

Siren03 and Siren04 are for Medical and small fire/medical responce units such as ems

commanders and battalion chief

Siren05 and Siren06 are police units sirens that effect the police units.

After renaming siren to your liking replace them.

Make backups. incase you do not like these sirens make backups to revert any unwanted

siren mods.

Enjoy.. :smoke:

Here is a download link for thoes who want to hear or use these sirens:

Siren mod

If you guys want to upload this pack to other sites feel free to host them.

Thank you all for the support and downloads.

is there anyway you can send me the file privately? everytime i try to open up the link it fails

Guest NPD-Traffic
is there anyway you can send me the file privately? everytime i try to open up the link it fails

If im not mistaken it will soon be uploaded to a mirror site hopefully this week i will post the link as well once up

is there a way to make a voice over for the dispatch when you get a call in stead of that english guy

Yeah, you will need a powerful application like Adobe Premiere Elements which will allow you to edit the video and audio files.

I have edited the video and audio and the info is here: Supervisor video and audio