Guest 416_Fro

Missing files & right click disabled

Guest 416_Fro

Hello everyone,

My EM3 is crashing on mission 8. I checked the log and alot of wavs are missing:

failed to open 'mod:Audio/FX/Voices/Hints/M17_ENTRANCE_DOME.wav

failed to open 'mod:Audio/FX/Voices/Hints/ALLM_TOO_MANY_DEAD.wav hehe oups :gruebel:

failed to open 'mod:Audio/FX/Voices/Hints/M17_DOME_UNSTABLE.wav

and so on. When I check the dir its empty? I have tried to repair the intallation and so on, but it always crashes with the "standard error message"?

Anyone know what to do?

I'll attach my logfile if that is to some help ;-)

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest 416_Fro

Hello Stan,

I bought the game from a Swedish internetstore, www.ginza.se

The language is english in the game and the text on the cd cover is english. I looked in the game root folder but couldn't see anything about a mod istaller. I thougt if you have the uk version it should have a modinstaller i the game folder? Or is this just the US version.

I do not want to patch my game to 1.03 untill it works, but mabye I should?

The surface of both cd:s look just fine...and I do not get any error messages during install???

I'll attach an image of my EM3 game and an image on a collection of EM3 and 4 which I just bought from a company in Stockholm. I haven't got that one yet though....

/Martin

post-3997-1238320013_thumb.jpg

post-3997-1238320031_thumb.jpg

:1046276372_bawling:

Anyone? Any idea? Please?

I know ther has been a thousand an one questions regarding mods and mod installer. Here is one more...on top of my previous question!

If I look in my game root catalogue there is two catalogues: data and mods. My mods catalogue is empty. I don NOT have ModInstaller.exe in my game catalogue. Why?

I want to patch my game to 1.3 english version and I want to download LA-mod ant try, but I still have the problem described above....

If i want to patch (do I need?) then I gues I have to download the patch from this site. Do I have to run the "cange language script" as well? The one Stan uploaded to the download section?

Where do I get the ModInstaller.exe? I get this with the patch right?

I run a PC with win xp Pro SP3. I use a Nvidia 8800 GTX graphics card. I use the latest drivers for that card. (March 2009). I use a Steelseries USB soundcard. I have 2 Gig of RAM and a 3 GHz dualcore processor.

There are a lot of information and threads about patches and LA-mod, but correct me if I'm wrong:

1. I have a UK-version of the game. There for I have to patch my game to 1.3.

2. After that is done, I download La-mod, extract and put in my mods catalouge.

3. I have to have the ModInstaller.exe to be able to install the mod correctly?

Maybe someone could zip this catalogue and put here for me to download? I think that would solve my problem...

C:\Program\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 3\Data\Audio\FX\voices\hints

As said before, this catalogue is completely empty.

:23_31_4:

Never mind ok....

I patched to 1.3 and loaded LA-mod. Now I have another problem......

Right-click to send cars and personel doesn't work. I think I take it up in another thread

:wall:

I installed LA-mod ver 2.5 but do not know how to send cars and persons anywhere? I used to left-click to select, and then right-click to send?

It doesn't work with LA-mod. Any idea?

:gruebel:

Hmm Should this be under [EN] Los Angeles Mod section?

Never mind ok....

I patched to 1.3 and loaded LA-mod. Now I have another problem......

Right-click to send cars and personel doesn't work. I think I take it up in another thread

:wall:

Have you tried to restart the game and see if the problem is till there?

BTW: Next time please use the edit button, I merged the two topics about the right click problem.

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest 416_Fro

Ok, no problem then :blush:

This is what I did...

I patched my game to 1.3, loaded LA-mod, got the right-click problem, loaded LA-mod again, and now everything works like a charm :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help...