Xplorer4x4

Traffic Light Control?

well instead of traffic lights just put a cop there. But for accurcey the la center of emergency managment controls lights for emergencys.

^yeah sorta, but it gives me some where to start. I was thinking of maybe setting it so when you sound the station alarm the light turns red for traffic. Doesnt seem like it would be a hard script to write, just use an if command i would think. I just dont know how to implement the script IF I can even write it. But I am sure i can find a tut on implementing the script. Thanks again jsutton.

It could be incorporated into the Alarm command, so that every time that alarm is set off, t traffic light placed in front of the fire station turns to red, and when it goes off, it goes to green...

So as far as I know, (and by what I have tried) it is possible... I should try that soon

Yes, this should be implemented, as in real life, most fire stations already have alarm systems, light controls and gates for traffic in front of the station. So this should be a good thing, as sending a cop infront of a fire station isn't realistic and waste of time.

I've tried what that link says, jsutton, and it didn't work for me. I think I found out how to control them, I need help on getting my virtual objects to work correctly. The N and S lights turn at the same time. Same with the W and E lights, but none of the virtual objects work, thus the cars still move.

I've tried what that link says, jsutton, and it didn't work for me. I think I found out how to control them, I need help on getting my virtual objects to work correctly. The N and S lights turn at the same time. Same with the W and E lights, but none of the virtual objects work, thus the cars still move.

Well, I haven't been able to try it just yet but when I have time I'm gonna give it a shot. The only question that I could really ask is: Did you properly name the lights? If you are editing wOOd's map, the name of the stoplight you made should be 21_1_1 , 21_2_2 , 21_3_1 , 21_4_ 2 I think. Don't quote me on that though until a expert tells that is correct.

Sorry about the wording, I'm not good at wording stuff.

lol we should just hack LA's traffic control whenever the traffic needs to be screwed up to "accomodate" our vehicles (like in the Italian Job)

but no, would be nice seeing as if ive had gas explosions across towns where every vehicle in station was needed and due to traffic in front of the station all the vehicles get backed up and it really creates hell in the sation. would love to see traffic lights

like MPFD St. 3 is at the bottom of a little hill and there's a driveway connecting it to Lindbergh Blvd. and by the end of the driveway next to Lindbergh are a pair of warning signs with big red lights on them. presuming they go on when theres an alarm to tell ppl to stop cause you cant see the trucks coming up the hill too well and wouldnt really be a fun day if you got side-swiped by a 20 ton quint

Guest MonkeySquasher
At some stations where traffic is heavy. I seen a Fireman with a flag or light wand stopping traffic when the alarm is dispatch.

I hardly seen any traffic lights outside an station.

Nah, I'm originally from Mesa,Az and most of the stations out there are on main streets, and have traffic lights out front that they turn red whenever they leave the station.

And up here, some Buffalo FD stations and a couple of the volly companys in Tonawanda do it too.

^they use yellow lights here. However some stations dont have the lights and while i havent seen a firefighter stopping traffic on dispatch, i have seen them stop traffic for the trucks to back in because at the time the station did not actually have dual garage doors for each bay. Just the old fashioned single front entrance to the bay. In fact most stations here are like that. I think its the only one with rear entrances in this city, then again its the only one in the city thats been remodeled or built in the past 10 years. There is a rural station that was built not long ago because a tornado wiped out the old station and it was more cost effective to build then repair, but the parking lots big enough for the trucks to do a three point turn around to.

How do you edit the properties to set the timing of the lights? :s

Just click on the light and select the properties box on the bottom bar of the editor.

Fire department in city I live in, the just pull outside the bay and with lights on and take off but they moved to a bigger station last year so its not much of a busy street. The old station was too crowded for both fire trucks and the fire fighters.. This station was A LOT of money but it was well worth it. When backing into the station, they turn lights on and back up back into the bay while sometimes having a fire fighter directing but most of the drivers of the fire trucks know how to use the mirrors while backing up without anyone directing them.

Just click on the light and select the properties box on the bottom bar of the editor.

ohhh thanks! :)

If there is any Traffic Lights in the game by a station. Easiest thing is to program the Traffic Lights to be trigger on when a Fire unit is in the area.

I would have to disagree(if i understood correctly). This may work well in real life but with the AI of Emergency I think it would cause even more traffic trouble. I think it would be better, if your going to program all city traffic lights to respond to approaching units, is to turn the lights red in all directions so the emergency units can cut into oncoming lanes to get around traffic in there lanes, otherwise they cut on to the other side of the road and mid intersection collide with on coming traffic then have to deal with the traffic behind the unit blocking it from changing lanes again.

I was wondering, i noticed hoopah included road signs like stop and yield. Do these actually function? Does it require a virtual object in front of it such as traffic lights? I have noticed a few traffic jams on w00ds map which would likely be avoided with a yield or stop sign cosnidering all lanes of traffic have the right of way. I have tried to test the signs but never can monitor the intersections enough to actually see if they work. I have thought about trying to utilize these at on ramps to help traffic flow there as well.

I was wondering, i noticed hoopah included road signs like stop and yield. Do these actually function?

No they don't, they're just eye candy. The paths and traffic lights determine right of way.

greetz,

^that sucks, but thank you for your reply!

Where is the code for traffic lights located? I dont see a script for it in the LA Mod so i assume its a core game file?

It's in the name of the traffic light, when you open the editor you will notice all trafic lights have names like these:

traffic_1_2_3

The first number (1) tells the game which set of lights it is. All sets with 1 will work at the same time. The second number (2) specifies the order in which the lights turn from green to orange to red. The light with a 1 there changes first, the ligt with a 2 changes after that etc. The last number (3) is the number of seconds each of the lights burns. So here green will burn 3 sec., then orange three sec and red 3 sec.

With each traffic light a virtual object named the same is used to stop the traffic before the light.

^yes i know all about that but there has to be some code some where that tells the game traffic_1_2_3 means, well in short what you said above.

So, in theorey would it be possible to say name stop signs traffic_1_2_3 and create a virtual object to make them function the same as a traffic light?