Commander Rasseru

We need different Ladder Trucks!

Now, I don't know if this is a game limit in scripting for a Ladder Trucks?

What about the other designs of Turntable Ladders for the trucks?

Right now I only seen a Front Basket Ladder Trucks in game or in mods...

Where are the ones that Ladder's base in the near center. Like on a Tower Truck where the basket is in the rear.

ChillFDTower1a.jpg

Or the Hydraulic Platform where the ladder is more like a crane and stacks on it's self.

Now are those ladder trucks a problem or no one ever tried?

From what I have heard, Front bucket is really the only way that is possible

I like to know from a scripter that try to do this with a model before... I don't see why the ladder base can't be move and the ladder will work the same.

This is something I have been willing to try. If you could make the model and skin it, I can have a go at scripting it. I have a big scripting knowledge since I started about 1 year ago so I know what I am doing :)

This is something I have been willing to try. If you could make the model and skin it, I can have a go at scripting it. I have a big scripting knowledge since I started about 1 year ago so I know what I am doing :)

Sorry :( Right now... I can't Model a Ladder Truck with the turnwheel base of the ladder in the near center of the flatbed. It might be easy for some modder to change a current design of a ladder truck to a near center turnbase.

An multi-arm system that is a hydraulic platform. Some one just needs to model the arm of it. Might be simple to make and add to a current ladder truck that is made.

Plus side for these ladder that they are longer and go higher than a normal ladder truck...

I think the EM ladder truck in real life can go 5 floors tall.

The multi-arm hydraulic ladder and the near center turnwheel base ladder are design for +8 floors tall...

Very useful for people who want to make mods with tall building or wants more reach with the ladder.

I would think if you do make a near center turnwheel base ladder. It would maybe have the same coding with some changes... like left is right and right is left...

Now, I don't know if this is a game limit in scripting for a Ladder Trucks?

What about the other designs of Turntable Ladders for the trucks?

Right now I only seen a Front Basket Ladder Trucks in game or in mods...

Where are the ones that Ladder's base in the near center. Like on a Tower Truck where the basket is in the rear.

ChillFDTower1a.jpg

Or the Hydraulic Platform where the ladder is more like a crane and stacks on it's self.

Now are those ladder trucks a problem or no one ever tried?

I seen a begining of a tower ladder like this somewhere though I cant remember where. The easiest way would to e remodel the crane to work. Also, way that ladder is set up like a crane is a typical look for some fire apperatus manufactures, most leave the ladder like it would be on a rear mount.

I seen a begining of a tower ladder like this somewhere though I cant remember where. The easiest way would to e remodel the crane to work. Also, way that ladder is set up like a crane is a typical look for some fire apperatus manufactures, most leave the ladder like it would be on a rear mount.

Ladders that are mounted in the near center are bettter level for all around lifting... Rear mounts could have problems with balancing. Baskets over the cab of the truck are harder to climb in and has to be move to ground to get in basket safey. A basket placed in the rear can easily climb in and had climb steps in area to lead to the basket. Also it lowers the truck's overall height and the basket has its equipment below in storage.

The platforms like in the attachment ain't possible. Me and MikeyPI tried a lot and messed around a lot but couldn't find a way around into getting it to work :(

I see how that could be a problem.... Have you try a Midmount Ladder before?

Or never try because you don't have any Midmount Ladder truck in Europe departments?

I see how that could be a problem.... Have you try a Midmount Ladder before?

Or never try because you don't have any Midmount Ladder truck in Europe departments?

They ain't possible, that's why hoppah has his platform to the front. I don't know why the game doesn't what it but it seems to be like that.

Hey guys... I worked on this for hours.... I have a midmount ladder in my customized version of the LA mod (completely re-worked to be a Buffalo, NY Mod)... I sliced a cab off an engine, sliced the back of the ladder truck, turned that around so the lowered sides sit behind the cab, and stuck it to the cab of the engine... then I added copies of the Ladder superstructures, but reversed... they sit absolutely PERFECTLY on the truck, until you try to raise it... then the stick portions move downwards into the ground and off the the driver's side of the truck while the bucket floats upwards and to the officer's side.... I think (stressing the think portion) that if it were scripted like the crane in the LA Mod, where upon installing, it creates a sepereate prototype, which the game would THINK is now facing the other direction, but would appear to be facing the correct direction (just a reversed model), and that "reversed" prototype had regular aerial superstructures, it would work.  I have limited scripting knowledge, and don't exactly know how to do this, but, I believe it would work...  I tried to upload a picture, but my internet connection's a little screwy right now... I hope I explained this enough....Edit: I lied... it worked... lol

post-3147-63679.jpg

I know what needs to be done, just not HOW to do it... lol Essentially, looking at the picture, if you were to install Truck 7 right where it is, the script would need to tell it to delete ladder7.4p, and create ladder7_reversed.e4p in the same spot. The game engine would then THINK the Ladder is now facing the LEFT of the screen, while it appears to you to be facing the right side as it is in the picture. The whole issue I faced at first was when I put the regular ladder superstructures on, ane loaded the game, they all jammed through the cab from the turntable, and the bucket was about three truck lengths in front. So, being the cunning and devious ba***rd I am, I creayed copies of the superstructures, but they're all backwards. As I said before, this works marvelous, until you try to raise the aerial. I've tried to modify the LACrane script, but, I had absolutely no luck... It'd be cool if Xplorer4X4 of one of the other scripting gods could work it, or at least let us know if they've tried that.. I would do it myself, but, I can't get scripts through my thick-skull for the friggin life of me..