Commander Rasseru

The Official Tokyo Mod Topic! 東京MOD!

Hello Commander Rasseru, just wondering if there is any update this week? cheers

Sorry, no real updates. I'm trying to finish some maps and looking for areas of Tokyo I can make a new map for.

I have to make the maps better than some people....

Tokyo Mod's Tech Units

Even if this a show for the pubic. This shows what NEXCO "Nippon EXpressway COmpany" who our Mod's Tech units. There duties and skills that will be add to them.

This shows what happen when a crash or break down is going on the Expressway.

I think its very neat what we can add.

They remind me of the three stooges honestly lol.

Seriously though that takes for ever and looks a bit over kill taking all the time to do all that. Here your typical MVA would already be halfway done or close to it.

And wtf is with the commanding officers walk?

They remind me of the three stooges honestly lol.

Seriously though that takes for ever and looks a bit over kill taking all the time to do all that. Here your typical MVA would already be halfway done or close to it.

And wtf is with the commanding officers walk?

They were performing a show for the public and also showing the safety they must take on a busy highway with traffic going really fast.

People don't always see the road crews and a car might crash into them. Like in EM4's Tunnel Mission... You might see crash video where the road crew's truck being crash into.

Other than that.... That "walk" is a little military show walk. Its a History from the Military Culture part of Japan. Its normal for public shows.

Maybe TeamNamami can tell us why they do that?

They were performing a show for the public and also showing the safety they must take on a busy highway with traffic going really fast.

People don't always see the road crews and a car might crash into them. Like in EM4's Tunnel Mission... You might see crash video where the road crew's truck being crash into.

A DOT worker was killed a few miles from my house about 2 weeks ago. Trust me I understand the need for safety precautions. In this case it was a combo of a DUI driver speeding(maybe not dui but if memorey serves me right) and the rear truck in the group wasnt position correctly to where it would absorb the impact and caused a dump truck to roll on to its side crushing the DOT worker.

In this example they spend so much time taking precaution seems it puts the workers at a huge risk as there exposed to traffic for about 10 minutes time. If it were me I would want to get it done quickly, safely and move to a safer position then behind the vehicle where if a speeding vehicle doesnt see you its going to be you taking the brunt of the impact rather then your vehicle.

If it works for them hey good for them but it seems more unsafe and time consuming then a good lightbar and some flares and traffic cones.

A DOT worker was killed a few miles from my house about 2 weeks ago. Trust me I understand the need for safety precautions. In this case it was a combo of a DUI driver speeding(maybe not dui but if memorey serves me right) and the rear truck in the group wasnt position correctly to where it would absorb the impact and caused a dump truck to roll on to its side crushing the DOT worker.

In this example they spend so much time taking precaution seems it puts the workers at a huge risk as there exposed to traffic for about 10 minutes time. If it were me I would want to get it done quickly, safely and move to a safer position then behind the vehicle where if a speeding vehicle doesnt see you its going to be you taking the brunt of the impact rather then your vehicle.

If it works for them hey good for them but it seems more unsafe and time consuming then a good lightbar and some flares and traffic cones.

Performing a show...

The point is that they are setting up an warning zone and bypass for on coming cars,. Behind the Road Crew Truck is not safe from all a traffic. If the road crew truck gets hit and move forward from impact. More people could get hurt from the road crew truck. Also the road crew truck would get damage and not able to warn other cars and could cause more cars to crash into the crash road crew truck.

The Road Crew setup a warning zone and a light barrier to keep Accident area safe. So they can help in accident zone without worry. This also give on coming cars a warning to slow down. So that more cars don't crash.

Trafficslow.jpg

Those Road Crew guys are risking there life but doing it safety... At all times both of them are protecting each other and hardly never look away from the road. They do this because the warning zone could prevent another accident. After the warning zoning is finish then they can move to the accident to help.

These Warning zones might seem silly in a strait flat road. But if it raining, snowing, at night, on hill, or curves and it helps.

I'm not here to teach "driving school" here. But in the driving school books in many nations talk about this. Also any Policemen or DOT Crew can say why this is good in warning wise.

No your missing the point it seems. Reread and tell me where I said a warning zone was silly? I am not criticizing a warning zone at all. Its a great idea.I was speaking of the way its done. Sure they dont take there eyes off the road, but why have the flagger take his eyes off the road at all. If there going to do it that way, why not have the other guy light the flares and such rather then the flagger putting the flag down to light a flare.

Yes there performing a show, but whats your point? They spiced it up like they would for a TV show? Doubt that. In my experience such a demo would be done just the way it is in the field.

Yes if a vehicle crashed into the rear of the suv it wouldnt be good but the point i was making is that I would much rather be hit by my suv which had absorbed alot of the impact as opposed to being hit by the speeding vehicle who didnt merge over.

Don't make a big deal about this. I seen them doing a fine job. Criticizing how they do there work would just cause problems.

There no way you can change how they do there jobs. If it works for them... then fine. We should end it with that.

The Video is to show what skills a tech unit could have. Nothing more than its cool watching them doing something like that.

HAHA, I thought the guy was going to close the car boot on his head. ^^

No your missing the point it seems. Reread and tell me where I said a warning zone was silly?

I think you're missing the point. It's a show. It won't take 8 minutes to do that. Do you really think the guy would stand around for several seconds with a sign/flare, shouting something to his partner?

I was doing some maths to figure out how much time they actually spent putting up road signs (1.40 for the vehicle to come to rest and 1.06 the captain ends the excercise). But I reckon in a real world situation, it will only take about 2-3 minutes to set this up.

This would be a good addition to the mod Rasseru :D I hope to see it in the release :P

Don't make a big deal about this. I seen them doing a fine job. Criticizing how they do there work would just cause problems.

There no way you can change how they do there jobs. If it works for them... then fine. We should end it with that.

The Video is to show what skills a tech unit could have. Nothing more than its cool watching them doing something like that.

Big deal? All I originally did was voice my thoughts on the video, but comments like "you cant change how they do there jobs" is quite the ridiculous comment. Thats like saying why criticize anything. If you dont like (input object or something here) why criticize it since you cant change it.

I think you're missing the point. It's a show.

Then why quote the part about a warning zone. :rolleyes:

Do you really think the guy would stand around for several seconds with a sign/flare, shouting something to his partner?

Well since I have no idea what there saying and I have never seen such a unit in action, its hard to say. I thought that just fell into the super duper safety factor Rasseru referenced.

I was doing some maths to figure out how much time they actually spent putting up road signs (1.40 for the vehicle to come to rest and 1.06 the captain ends the excercise). But I reckon in a real world situation, it will only take about 2-3 minutes to set this up.

1.40 and 1.06? How can 1.06 come after 1.40?

Anyways, getting back on topic if thats possible, I notice the cop car in your avatar Rasseru, and this tech vehicle, have there lightbars raised above the vehicles. Since you seem familiar with the Japanese culture, while I'm not I know people who have spent a good amount of time over there if you would have questions, do these serve as like a tool box or anything like that or are they simply cosmetic things to try to make there lightbars/lights more visible? And does this unit typically respond to any MVA or just major MVAs on highways and interstates?

Anyways, getting back on topic if thats possible, I notice the cop car in your avatar Rasseru, and this tech vehicle, have there lightbars raised above the vehicles. Since you seem familiar with the Japanese culture, while I'm not I know people who have spent a good amount of time over there if you would have questions, do these serve as like a tool box or anything like that or are they simply cosmetic things to try to make there lightbars/lights more visible? And does this unit typically respond to any MVA or just major MVAs on highways and interstates?

As for the one who lives in Japan, I have seen them live on TV's and so on.

They move much quicker. They are just doing slowly and more attractive for showing for visitors.

Does this give you the info you need Xplorer4x4?

I also think it's about time to :1046276160_schildbacktotopic: ...it is that, everyone agrees so.

It's kind of getting way too hot.

The only reason the light bar goes up, is for increasing the visibility of light bar.They don't put anything in there.(Some Japanese police cars also has the same kind of light bar but it's also the same. No equipments)

The basic colouring is the same for all Japanese road tech cars (well... not really though, since we have some commercial tech support groups mainly for car trouble response), but the NEXCO tech car only responds to any type of MVAs on highways and interstates.

The city has their own cars which patrolls the normal roads.

Hy!

First of all Mod looks great, I'm looking towards its release :D ...

Second I can help with modeling... I know a little bit about it... But I can't promise anything... so if you got anything that i can help you with send me email with pictures and some informations about which program to use to beniroginic@gmail.com. again I can't promise anything!

Cheers

Hy!

First of all Mod looks great, I'm looking towards its release :D ...

Second I can help with modeling... I know a little bit about it... But I can't promise anything... so if you got anything that i can help you with send me email with pictures and some informations about which program to use to beniroginic@gmail.com. again I can't promise anything!

Cheers

Send a PM of samples of your work to my account's PM box.

Thank you for wanting to help with the Mod.

Back to normal things. Any one like to know more things about the Mod? Or have questions?

Did we cover rail system yet? I understand there still exists electric street trolley system in some parts of japan? Yes? I know that trains in EM4 are a bit.. well.. explosive. but if there is some way to control there speed and behavior, will we see it in the mod?

Sure, I would love to give you updates... But the team members and I can't work on the mod 24/7. But if we did. The Mod would of been done last year. lol :P

Currently the computer that I was using to make most of the mod in my part. Got sick with a virus and malware. Every thing is ok. I have the maps on another hard drive I can move to a working laptop I have. My photoshop has to be reinstall when I clean my computer and install the OS again.

I ready to move to next steps in the mod. I'm just waiting for team members to get to the next step. They should not be rush at all.

They are doing a great job. Plus I keeping thing secret for future surprises. :)

If you want the mod done faster? Then why not you help us? Look in http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...ost&p=60437 to see what help we need. I ask some people to better your skills first. Samples are nice to see.

I wouldn't ask that. I got yelled at by Mr. Team whatever becasue I asked that.

Well, well...I told you in quite a polite way, didn't I? WHY DO YOU LIE? :nixweiss:

Our posting was both deleted by the admins so there's no way to prove it now though.

I told not to ask updates in the new LA mod thread because usually, hoppah himself, or someother people warns the one who asks about it.

At that time, you were the kiddo' asking araound things which weren't usually allowed, and I was the one who told to stop it. That's all...and you advertise everywhere like you did nothing wrong, and I am the forum Nazi or something.

Your posting here is nothing but spam.

ummmm....? Back on topic.

I thinking of adding some new Tokyo style music... Known as "Urban Music" or "Street Music" Maybe also add music from Police and Fire music from TV shows.

If they can be place in the mod without taking a big download time.

Some getting tried of the same music in the game?

yeah that would be really cool. hey mabie you could use crown vic's bullhorn script but change it to japaneese so it says stop police! in japeneese. but anyway i would love to hear a new soundtrack but watch out for copy rights:)

If they can be place in the mod without taking a big download time.

Why not make an optional download which contains music? Then it would be quicker to get the mod and if they want the music then download it after :)