Newfoundking

Guess the Emergency Vehicle Challenge

I think it's from Montvale, Bergen County, New Jersey, USA.

This year Montvale Fire Department added a new potent firefighting weapon to its arsenal. The new fire truck, built by Pierce of Wisconsin, is powered by a Detroit turbocharged diesel rated at 525-horsepower needed to pull its weight of 40 tons. At its heart is a Waterous 2000 GPM single stage pump with 6 discharge ports not including the 2 water monitors at the front of the rescue bucket, for a total maximum output of 2000-gallon per minute pumping capability plus 400 gallons of onboard water. There are numerous compartments on each side of the apparatus to carry fire fighting tools, back up breathing air, nozzles, axes, halogen tools etc. The truck also carries multiple feet of 1¾-inch hose, 2½-inch hose, and 3-inch hose for attack lines and back up feed lines. True to its aerial capabilities, the main ladder platform will be able to reach 104 feet, along with 1000 feet of 5-inch hose and 180 feet of ground ladders. The Pierce is also equipped with an onboard electric/hydraulic lighting and power generator for on scene lighting operations. The truck measures 48½ feet long by 11¾ feet high with the ladder in the stowed position.

That's all the information about it :grinsevil:

Woops I forgot to include that in my post, you're up..

OR maybe not. In fact, I'm going to use my game referee powers, and my moderator warn-you-if-you-contest-me powers to post my picture and it's my turn

in addition to all the regular info.. I want the size carburetor on this beast.. and the middle name of the man who drives this every second Tuesday.. Wait no, his sister in law.

April fools sirius you're up

Did you guy's see that LOL :1046275767_ugly:

Just for the record, I have already posted the information about the tower on the previous page :)

The driver of the tower is not married, he does have a girlfriend though but his girlfriend is an only child so if the couple were to marry there would be no sister-in-law. :tongue2:

Anyway, here is the next challenge

Country and city/town please

http://www.nepalitimes.com/issue/2009/02/06/Nation/15650

(Why cant I use img tags?)

Guest dionissimus

This should probably go to some aircraft fan forum, but since it IS an emergency vehicle, I thought I'll ask here. You are welcome to guess the purpose and location of the helicopter, I'll confirm the answers. What I am really after is the make/model of the helicopter itself - never seen it before. Sorry for the picture quality - as you see, it's from a TV screen.

P.S. I just realized there are posting order rules in this thread. Well, sorry for posting out of turn, I am not about to take part in the game. Just need a bit of help satisfying my curiosity : )

Guest dionissimus

I'd like to thank Sirius7dk very much for answering my question. The helicopter in question is, most probably, Eurocopter EC135. As to the purpose/service branch/location, the guesses are still welcome : )