Guest jacob1029

This is what happens when angry mob and a gunman meet up....

Guest jacob1029

I was on la mod last night and everything was normal with fires and emt call out and then THIS HAPPENED>>>

I was called to a violent protest and my swat officers set up a perimeter and snipers went into aim mode incase of any mishaps,I was right to do so...

I try and arrest people and they fight back,the next thing I know there is a callout for homicide and the gunman is right next to me.I try to shoot him but hit one of my officers and also several of the protesters and another police officer are injured from fighting,I have act quick but my officers are all shot by a gunman (I didnt see where he was becuase of the protesters,lol)

After everyone is dead and the gunman is on the lose I call for backup,to emergency hostpitals and a ambulance and a suv police car+a ford slick top arrive,emts begin cpr to victims and the gunman comes back and shoots them all,blows up both E hopsitals and set a chain reaction with the cars

and theres more lol....

My officers arrive and the slicktop is hit and blows up and kills the suv,lol,swat and the army arrives and manages to shoot the gunman,

At that Point I Quit lol

swat1ie2.th.jpg

how did a guy with a pistol do that?? are u sure he didnt have a bazooka? lol :unsure::rolleyes:

well, here i was being an idiot and only sent 3 riot police to a riot. there were 6 rioters an when my guys got out, 2 got literally overrun by protestors, they were completely surrounded. so they get injured. my last pd guy runs around with his pitol and shoots them all. i then call in an ambo bus cause i got 2 officers down and 6 injured protestors lol

It helps to respond the SWAT truck with a water canon at times like that. Also never be afraid to retreat when things get crazy. There have been numerous times i've just selected everyone and pulled back to a safe zone to regroup and better understand the situation. Of course the quick and dirty solution to protestors in game is to have the sniper take out the guy with the sign, hit the water canon to clear the people out of the way, and then rush in with an ambulance and pick the injured guy up. Once he's on the stretcher they stop protesting and calmly walk away. Otherwise a nice combo of water canon and flash grenades works great.

Flash Grenade? I haven't used them yet...what happens to the suspect when a bang goes off? does he surrenders or gets confused?

They get confused for a little while.

When they are all confused, you simply need to grab the person with the sign and get them in a police car ASAP. I always like to have a second officer with a flashbang ready so if I can't get the sign protester in a car fast enough I toss another grenade in the mix.

Guest MOOOOOPS

I always match the number of protesters to the number of cops I have respond. plus an additional 3 or 4 officers as back up(If there are 3 protesters, I dispatch 6 or 7 officers. etc). I always have the Water Cannon respond and leave it on scene in case I need to use it. So far I have handled about 8 protests, and I have only had 1 cop injured and have only used the Water Cannon twice. All the other times it was easy to get the protesters arrested.

Guest dkmaisto

I usually dispatch 15-20 officers, some block pedestrians from entering, other takes care of traffic, and the rest goes in for the arrest. It might be overkill to send so many, but it's the most fun, and you can always send them on patrol afterwards.

Guest jacob1029

Thanks guys,its the first time I had that sought of situation and didnt know what to do :( lol

Im sure there will be plenty more blunders from me later on¬!

Guest jkeatley

when i get those, i get a water cannon to knock the suspects back and then just barricade of the scene and lob bangs into to control them, i was hoping the might go mad and kill each other but it doesn't work so i just throw bangs in and start arresting them one by one.

Guest ComputerCop

I never need more than 3-4 police cruisers for riots. And I'm not talking SWAT trucks. 3 or 4 Crown Victorias, with regular patrol officers.

Just take the guy with the sign away and its easy. Either shoot him, or drag him into the police car. As long as you take him off the map, no more protesters will show up.

EDIT: Sorry for bumping an old thread lol didn't see how old it was...haven't had my coffee this morning :laugh:

Guest SeanTate

Ok, Best way to Contain the Scene....

So you have a small Riot on your hands? "Resist! Resist! Resist!" Is what the crowd is chanting.... You got some idiot running around inspiring people to chant Resist along with him.... Well never Fear.... The City of Los Angeles has the best Units to respond to a call of this magnitude.

Step One: The FIRST Unit on the Scene of a Riot should ALLWAYS Be a SWAT Truck Equipped with a Water Cannon (I know it dosent sound nor Look very realistic for a Tank to be the first vehicle to show up, But If Officer Saftey is your First Priority then you do so)

Step Two: Dispatch 4 Units of LAPD SUV's to the Scene, Get your officers to set up an Outer Perimiter so no other idiot can decided to join them.

Step Three: Make sure you have atleast One LAFD Mass Casualty Unit or 3 EMS Paramedics on Standby.

Ok, so your tanks on the inside Giving people free delousings, That means they should start scattering...

Make sure that out of every Police SUV that you dispatched to the scene earlier 2 Officers are dedicated to Perimeter Containment, All other officers are free to roam the area and try to arrest rioters.

Tip: If you find the first guy who starts the Riot, You have a bigger chance of Shutting down the riot VERY Quickly. (If your tank gets on the scene and There only one or two people standing there then try to arrest them BEFORE other Unruly Citizens arrive. If you get them before hand, Just grab any Crusier in the area and send em down to CJ for DTP and Disorderly Conduct)

Tip: Try to get no more than 3 officers Dedicated to arresting one person... If not, You may have not only the headace of an injured person in the riot zone on your hands, but also a Lawsuit coming for excessive force (But dont worry about the lawsuit, LAPD is used to getting them for calls on excessive force :P)

Ok, You got officers Rounding up Rioters, But they are still coming and gathering at a point and chanting "Resist" Still? THAT Means you have either a Breach in containment, or theres a walkway that they can acess that you didnt know about. At this point repeat the process of wrangling up and keep your SWAT Tank on the exact position that they gather at to chant resist. That keeps them away from being able to further riot. At this point, YOU should have te upper hand, Stay agresive and wrangle up ANYONE who comes to the scene, at this point, Call in your EMS Vehicles to Evac any wounded (Now that you SHOULD have the area secured)

Call Extra officers in Vehicles to the scene to put these suspects in the back of the cars and send em all back to Dispatch.

Keep your SWAT Truck on the Scene along with a Cruiser of Officers Whilst you send all your other units responding to the call back to HQ, If all units return to HQ and you get your points for a Job well done, Then send the rest back, If not Pay close attention to anyone who is running in the area, They are your prime target (Whoever runs is usualy the guy who ensued the Riot in the first place. Keep your tank on scene and get your Crusier to get after him! Apprehend the suspect and Take him back to CJ, Thats when you get your points and you can recall all Units on Tactical Alert for the Riot back to Base

It's complicated, But works out fine with me.

Theres your little hand book into My Two Cents in Containing a Riot

Guest ComputerCop

All that just for a small riot, SeanTate? I'd hate to see your response to a bank robbery! What a waste of resources :rolleyes:

FYI, its really easy to spot the guy who started the riot; he's always got a sign in his hand!

Guest SeanTate
All that just for a small riot, SeanTate? I'd hate to see your response to a bank robbery! What a waste of resources :rolleyes:

FYI, its really easy to spot the guy who started the riot; he's always got a sign in his hand!

Well, Actually, I'm more giving tips on a Rapidly Progressing Small riot. The kind that happens in a Heavily populated area and more people join in like the sheep they are :P

I personally get the patrol car to go and make the arrest, then if he gets hurt and goes down, I just shoot to death the one that took him out, or If I feel like it, beat them to death( like Coroner Death) then I clean the area and tell CNN he had a weapon and took down an officer, so it had to be contained, and of course I confiscate all tapes, and arrest anyone that was watching for... disorderly conduct, or protesting, or loitering, or because they looked at me funny

I personally get the patrol car to go and make the arrest, then if he gets hurt and goes down, I just shoot to death the one that took him out, or If I feel like it, beat them to death( like Coroner Death) then I clean the area and tell CNN he had a weapon and took down an officer, so it had to be contained, and of course I confiscate all tapes, and arrest anyone that was watching for... disorderly conduct, or protesting, or loitering, or because they looked at me funny

Lol. I just send in a Heavy Rescue SWAT truck to arrest the 4-6 rioters and take them away. I usually put about 4 SWAT officers and 2 snipers just in case they get out of hand..and thats my 2 cents :)