Hoppah

[EM3] Los Angeles Mod By Hoppah

Thanks Hoppah, I just answered a bunch of my questions from your web site... I guess it does pay to read.... lol

PS Does anyone have a walkthrough (in english) for the original missions of EM3. I get stuck sometimes because I didnt even realize what I could have done to help out. For example.... The train mission 5. I didnt even realize you could send an engineer to stop the train. I just let the girl get hit (I know sick), but it doesnt kill her. Then I picked her up, brought her to the road and got her to the hospital alive. I guess stoping the train would have been better, but its hard to see small details like that on these maps....

Guest firemanzac

I finally got the Emergency 3 (I bought it in Great Britain). When I tried to use the MOD on it, it pretty much shuts down the game. I know youve showed how its done before but Any help would be appreciated.

Question 1: For the English Version, do I still need to download the patches?

#2: Do I just need to download the latest patch or all of them?

#3: Are the files (or is it just a file) downloaded into the MOD Folder?

Thanks! I love the game and it was worth the wait. Now I just have to wait for E4 <lol> :D

Guest firemanzac

Okay, I tried again. This time it didnt crash my computer, it just didnt work <lol>, so here are the 3 questions that I think, if answered, will solve my problems:

1. Is Patch 1.3 needed for the english version (the patch is in German, and stops just before install)and Is Patch 1.3 the olny patch needed?

2.Where do you find the Mod Installer to install the LA Mod?

3. Which file do you install the LA Mod and the Patch (if needed) to?

Thanks everyone!

Firemanzac, hanging in Iraq.

Guest firemanzac

Okay,

1. how do I know if the Patch (which is in German) has succesfully been installed?

2. Does the file (the MOD) automatically instill itself?

3. Where do you install the patch too (which file in E3)?

1. The patch contains the modinstaller. Maybe it's also possible to checl registry keys.

2. No. you need to open the .e3mod file with the modinstaller. It will ask you to install the mod. The mod will be installed then.

3. The patch will be detect you Emergency 3 mod directory automaticly.

FYI it seems that the US English version is the patched 1.03 version. I am not 100% certain as I still have the german patched version on my computer. I notice when I instlal mod it instals them in the germany version, even if I run the mod file in the use folder. However If I copy the mod's folder from german one to the US one, the mod appears.

I was able to play la mod in the us version. Which irconcly has the police vechiles as begin blue.

By the way great mod, it one of my two favs for emergency. The other is accutly a mod of the old TV show Emergency. BUt it not quiet as good as the la mod. I am very greatful of all the work you done Hoppah.

Sorry did not see the other post when I posted that replay. They were post after the last time I visited and I normal start at the top of forum and work my way down. I was just trying to be helpful.

Sorry did not see the other post when I posted that replay. They were post after the last time I visited and I normal start at the top of forum and work my way down.  I was just trying to be helpful.

No problem, happens to me sometimes :wink:

Guest Razor1911

Yeah I figured that, but I mean when you arrest a criminal and he's a ways from the police station, and you put him in the Police car so you can get him there faster and i guess more realisticly.. How can you get him out of the car and into the Police station? I can't seem to figure that out, or if it's possible to get criminals that are put in Police cars out.

Yeah I figured that, but I mean when you arrest a criminal and he's a ways from the police station, and you put him in the Police car.. How can you get him out of the car and into the Police station? Or is that possible?

How to get him out of the police car: Click on his icon in the lower right window.

The criminal will exit the car, you have to 'arrest' him again.

Guest Razor1911

I tried what you had said, Tried Left clicking, right clicking, Shift clicking, Ctrl clicking, and then right again.. No juice what so ever, They must be glued to the seats heh - I hope I am not the only one having this problem? If so, then how can I fix it?

Guest firemanzac

Okay, I have the English (Non-American) version, so I will try the 1.0 based on what Stan wrote and give that a shot. That should allow me to Install the Latest version on the L.A. mod, correct?

Guest firemanzac

Okay, so let me get this straight. I have the English, Non US Version. In order to install the LA Mod, I need a mod installer that is in German (and refuse to recognize my english version). But, before that I have to install the Patch that converts the German to NL (which I assume means Netherlands), but according to Hoopah, I need patch 1.3 (which is in german)to open and Install the LA Mod? Is there an english patch for the mod installer? I am confused and frustrated <lol> :?:

Okay, so let me get this straight. I have the English, Non US Version. In order to install the LA Mod, I need a mod installer that is in German (and refuse to recognize my english version). But, before that I have to install the Patch that converts the German to NL (which I assume means Netherlands), but according to Hoopah, I need patch 1.3 (which is in german)to open and Install the LA Mod? Is there an english patch for the mod installer? I am confused and frustrated :?:

If you ever searched our forum and downlaod database you would ahve found solutions...

http://downloads.emergency-4.org/pafiledb....n=category&id=5

Emergency 3...patch 1 & 2 for english evrison *unofficial*

http://forum.emergency-4.org/viewtopic.php?t=63

The english patch 3 topic...

Thanks Stan, I didnt know that was there. Can I make a suggestion and suggest it get posted with the rest of the patches? I think that might alivievate any further problems with others. You and hoopah both rock :)

Thanks Stan, I didnt know that was there. Can I make a suggestion and suggest it get posted with the rest of the patches? I think that might alivievate any further problems with others. You and hoopah both rock :)

You mean post Patch 3 with the other patches?

Guest firemanzac

ooops, sorry. I meant the unofficial english patch that is on the link. I didnt see it on Hoopahs site and im pretty sure I ddint see it on this sites patches. :D It just might be easier if its added to the download section rather than search all the way back through till february. Love the site!