Hoppah

The general Xbox 360 topic

Get 360. trust me, its 10000% better. oooh, PS3 has a Blu-Ray. oh shit, whatever shall we do? oh look 360 has the same quality for DVD audio/visual, a better controller and remote, better/more exclusive games, and a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better online. You cant beat XBL, who cares if PSN is for free? free things are almost always never as good as paid for ones *cough* torrent users *cough* and XBL has a way better experience for you :)

hmmm ps3 now $299, and now xbox is 100 $ off

Get a PS3, cause I said so :P OR upgrade your computer, probably better in the long run.

a better controller

haha, what? The controllers are crap man. I bought a 360 controller for use with my pc, ended up plugging in a ps3 controller....ended up buying a steering wheel instead :P

xbox controllers are too small anyway. :protest:

miked, if you do go with a PS3, make sure you sign up to the psn with an american account too (if you're not already from america). You can get demos days before they reach other stores.

If you want some unbiased reviews, then go to Cnet - they are the only ones I can find that are fair

review 1

review 2

lol ive tried a PS3 and frankly, it sucks. and wtf is this with the 360 controllers being too small? there huge!! especially from the Original Xbox lol. my old PS2 controllers are tiny. and thats an overstatement.

well i still need to get a steering wheel for my 360 so when im doing a 50 lap race in Forza 2 i dont have to press buttons all the time :protest:

the only reason i like PC better is you can modify most things (well technically, all things. but most things legally :P) and you cant on consoles for some reason. seriously, some mods are better than the original game.

oh, btw, NEVER ever get a Logitech anything. theyre crap. i got a Logitech wireless controller once for my PS2 cause i broke one of my controllers in a fit (lol) and the Logitech ended up not working like a week later for some reason. and anything else form Logitech that ive used has ended up dying/breaking. maybe its just that Logitech hates me :1046276372_bawling:

Get a PS3, cause I said so :P OR upgrade your computer, probably better in the long run.

I agree completely. My computer in my sig is more powerfull and has better graphics than both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Do some research and you'll find the graphics chip in the PS3 is built on a 90nm process based on the GeForce 7800 and they're switching to a 65nm process. Guess what? My video card is built on a 55nm process and is clocked higher, not to mention my monitor runs at 1920x1080 so I'm gaming at the same res that the PS3 and Xbox can output if you have a 1080p HDTV. And the best part is my computer + monitor only cost me $1200.

lol ive tried a PS3 and frankly, it sucks.

I own a PS3 (60Gb) and I think they're good. Sony just screwed it all up though - too late, not as many features at the start of release etc. And the emulation software is only for 60Gb models - and is kinda rubbish. It all just boils down to personal reference in the end :)

Another factor to consider is what your friends have. My "friends" own Xbox360s, so I went for the PS3.

and wtf is this with the 360 controllers being too small? there huge!! especially from the Original Xbox lol. my old PS2 controllers are tiny. and thats an overstatement.

They're tiny! I think the issue is that the playstation controllers go off at an angle, and the buttons are a bit more spread out. The 360 controllers don't do this as much - if I hold the two grips, I can cover pretty much the whole controller and I don't like that.

well i still need to get a steering wheel for my 360 so when im doing a 50 lap race in Forza 2 i dont have to press buttons all the time

May I suggest the Ferrari Thrustmaster challenge racing wheel? The wheel is considerably smaller, but it has all the buttons you expect (including gear change flaps on the sides) and pedals. It's cheap too, and reliable. Unless you have cash to blow and want an expensive, big one with a gear change. :P

Thrustmaster 5-in-1 wheel

Really good too as it works with all consoles and the pc. :)

the only reason i like PC better is you can modify most things (well technically, all things. but most things legally :P) and you cant on consoles for some reason. seriously, some mods are better than the original game.

The one reason I don't buy GTA games for consoles - The mods really improve the game.

oh, btw, NEVER ever get a Logitech anything. theyre crap. i got a Logitech wireless controller once for my PS2 cause i broke one of my controllers in a fit (lol) and the Logitech ended up not working like a week later for some reason. and anything else form Logitech that ive used has ended up dying/breaking. maybe its just that Logitech hates me

Duh, Logitech stuff always break. I broke lots of their headphones before :(

Madcatz do the best 3rd party technology :D

I agree completely. My computer in my sig is more powerfull and has better graphics than both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Do some research and you'll find the graphics chip in the PS3 is built on a 90nm process based on the GeForce 7800...

Wait, what? That's better than my computer! (7600)

:1046274283_heul:

EDIT: 2nd higher poster, and I don't have an Xbox :lach:

(Because I prefer online gaming on a console above a pc).

Why?

I can't stand games with a rubbish multiplayer menu when you're ingame. Consoles are ok thought cause I never know the button to press :P

COD:MW2 should be good - I just hope it lives up to the expectations people have, but something tells me it's overhyped already :(

Mafia 2 got a release date???

Why?

For three reasons:

1. When I play online it's always with one or more friends who I can talk/scream to using the Xbox 360 headset.

2. Never had really good experiences with online pc gaming. Played Counterstrike Source and Enemy Territory alot and stopped because people started to cheat. I've never seen cheating people on a console since I got it.

3. Less lag on a console (my own experience)

Plus, people have equal systems and controllers.

Maybe you agree with my points, or not. It's just that I have better experiences playing online on a console than on pc's.

Guest miked9372
Get 360. trust me, its 10000% better. oooh, PS3 has a Blu-Ray. oh shit, whatever shall we do? oh look 360 has the same quality for DVD audio/visual, a better controller and remote, better/more exclusive games, and a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better online. You cant beat XBL, who cares if PSN is for free? free things are almost always never as good as paid for ones *cough* torrent users *cough* and XBL has a way better experience for you :)

ya but xbox breaks down more 3 rings of death i haven't heard ps3 breaking down

For three reasons:

1. When I play online it's always with one or more friends who I can talk/scream to using the Xbox 360 headset.

2. Never had really good experiences with online pc gaming. Played Counterstrike Source and Enemy Territory alot and stopped because people started to cheat. I've never seen cheating people on a console since I got it.

3. Less lag on a console (my own experience)

Plus, people have equal systems and controllers.

Maybe you agree with my points, or not. It's just that I have better experiences playing online on a console than on pc's.

i see people cheat on xbox they mod there controller so they shoot faster

its easy they just get a wall hack, aim bot, trigger bot, etc. for each specific game. seriously, i have my own lag switch which i use when people cheat on XBL. and after that, i file a complaint to XBL. like to other day when me and one of my friends reported 4 ppl cause they were cheating in L4D - shooting and killing someone from across the map in a closed room? i dont think so...

@miked - 360s havent broken down for a while. those are just crappy stories from when it was first released and still unstable. theyve fixed that in new versions so its basically impossible to get RRoD and more. ive had it for almost 2 years now and have never had a problem with it; in fact, the only time i ever got a red light was one time when i put Halo 3 in the wrong way or something and it gave me one light.

lol i need those too. i might get Prestige edition or whatever it is
Yeesh, seems like a waste of money to me. Just get the normal version. They add another 40 bucks for those NVGs but they are probably cheap pieces of shit. I mean a good pair of goggles cost as much as Prestige alone. I wouldn't buy it.

Guest miked9372
@miked - 360s havent broken down for a while. those are just crappy stories from when it was first released and still unstable. theyve fixed that in new versions so its basically impossible to get RRoD and more. ive had it for almost 2 years now and have never had a problem with it; in fact, the only time i ever got a red light was one time when i put Halo 3 in the wrong way or something and it gave me one light.

my friends just got broken down they had to send it in they haven't got it back yet

ya but xbox breaks down more 3 rings of death i haven't heard ps3 breaking down

Well, I don't own an Xbox360, but from what I can tell from what my friends say, the RROD is really just a crash and probably 7/10 times they just need to restart. Just like on my PS3, sometimes I have to restart because of a game crash.

Yeesh, seems like a waste of money to me. Just get the normal version. They add another 40 bucks for those NVGs but they are probably cheap pieces of shit. I mean a good pair of goggles cost as much as Prestige alone. I wouldn't buy it.

Although the NVG goggles are most likely crap, at least it's better than most special editions that get released.

"HEY! PAY £10 MORE AND GET A BOOK FILLED WITH ARTWORK AND A BEHIND THE SCENES DVD!!!!111"

No thanks.

Apart from GTA:IV and Sims3, hardly anyone gives customers good special edition games.

lol i gotta get FM3. for Christmas im getting (probably) GTA IV and will try to get L4D2, and CoD 6, and maybe ill get FM3 for my birthday

i got the RRoD on Sun. it was System Error 74 so we took it in to Best Buy (where we got it) and our 2 year warranty/replacement plan doesnt expire till Christmas so I got a brand new Xbox Pro with a 60 GB HDD (compared to my 8 GB :rolleyes:), my data transferred, and brand new hardware (such as a new headset, controller) for free included all from Geek Squad.

thats why you always buy from Best Buy so u dont have to send it to a monopoly to get it fixed.

I'm not buying CoD MW2 because Infinity Ward is not going to have dedicated PC servers. Thousands of people have already cancelled their preorders due to that. I myself have signed an online petition asking for PC servers that has over 100,000 signatures already.

Poor peepz, they all got so excited until now. It's exactly what I already said months ago (scroll back a few pages in this topic). Expectations were way too high for this game. It's not going to 'beat' the first MW in sales at all. Best game of the year my ass. They always publish negative news like this at the end. I am going to get the game for my Xbox 360 too JUST for singleplayer, multiplayer won't be that mind-blowing as other people might think. Especially now they didn't include dedicated servers in the PC version. Bye bye modding community. A maximum of 18 players online? That's just ridiculous. Multiplayer is going to be a been-there-done-that feeling. Mark my words.

* Hoppah continues playing Forza Motorsport 3. :onceldoc:

Poor peepz, they all got so excited until now. It's exactly what I already said months ago (scroll back a few pages in this topic). Expectations were way too high for this game. It's not going to 'beat' the first MW in sales at all. Best game of the year my ass. They always publish negative news like this at the end. I am going to get the game for my Xbox 360 too JUST for singleplayer, multiplayer won't be that mind-blowing as other people might think. Especially now they didn't include dedicated servers in the PC version. Bye bye modding community. A maximum of 18 players online? That's just ridiculous. Multiplayer is going to be a been-there-done-that feeling. Mark my words.

* Hoppah continues playing Forza Motorsport 3. :onceldoc:

Its getting good reviews :)