RangerDog

City of Beaverfield - A little gimmick...

46 minutes ago, soccerref14 said:

Are the patrol paths unique? By that I mean, do the sheriff units when sent on patrol stay out in the county, city units stay in the city, and state patrol units stay on the highway? I haven't been sending units on patrol mostly because A. I can't keep track of which units are where and B, I don't want my county units to be way down in the city when I need them.

Also, I think it would be helpful to put unit numbers on the roofs, at least for PD/SO. Real life departments in the US do this often to assist with identifying them from a helicopter, but it would also help us learn/remember which units are where when we need to call the closest one. It throws me off when I try calling a unit because the suspect is right by the sheriff office and the responding unit is actually coming from the gas station or that one house driveway and the suspect escapes.

The CSP units have their numbers on them. And they do stick to their areas. Precinct 100 units only patrol in their precinct, same with 110, Sheriff's, and CSP. 

15 minutes ago, Jaimramz said:

Mod is awesome! can get a bit intense at times but super fun!

how do you connect the engines/tankers to hydrants? i cant figure it out?

It's in the manual, but you need to have a firefighter grab a hose (I have the officer do it since he doesn't get an SCBA) then I believe left shift + right click on the hydrant (could be left click one of the two) then right click on the truck. For truck to truck, same thing but the first click will be the engine/tanker you want to give the water to the other.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 10:40 PM, FloH said:

The wait is finally over. Version 1.0 can now be downloaded:

beaverfield_dl649dff434db2e4f9.md.png

https://clientcdn.emergencyx.de/latest 

or 

https://mega.nz/file/hqcykSaC#10vvZGVf8ymdyGfaqGCNR-mdRtt6e0bStXmZb-QEIDg

Installation Guide:

Install Beaverfield via the Emergency Explorer:

Download the Emergency Explorer from the webdisk and install it on your system.

direktlink: https://clientcdn.emergencyx.de/latest

Navigate to Emergency Explorer > ModStore. Chose the City of Beaverfield modifikation and click on "Download and Install" in the bottom right corner.

After that the modification can be activated and started under Emergency 5 > modification.

Install Beaverfield manually:
Now navigate to your EMERGENCY data directory. Of course, this varies depending on which path you selected during installation or which EMERGENCY version or Steam or Boxed version you are using. If you use the Steam version of EMERGENCY 20, you can find the folder under:

YOUR DRIVE:\Steam\steamapps\common\EMERGENCY 20\data

If you have installed the boxed version of EMERGENCY 5, you can find the folder under:

YOUR DRIVE:\sixteen tons entertainment\EMERGENCY 5\data

Now unzip the downloaded ZIP file into the data folder. It is important that the files are not unpacked directly into the data folder, but rather written into a directory called "beaverfield".

The modification can then be activated and played normally via the launcher.

The Emergency Explorer app won't launch and mega download is broken.

Boys, this mod is awesome! Can I ask is it possible to change number of crew members of a vehicle in-game (before they are dispatched)? Also, I'm not able to dispatch more than one vehicle of the same unit, is it on purpose? Found few small bugs, I'll play the game more and write down bugs for you. I LOVE THE MOD. 

17 hours ago, Erik H. said:

Boys, this mod is awesome! Can I ask is it possible to change number of crew members of a vehicle in-game (before they are dispatched)? Also, I'm not able to dispatch more than one vehicle of the same unit, is it on purpose? Found few small bugs, I'll play the game more and write down bugs for you. I LOVE THE MOD. 

Hi, that is not possible unfortenately, for the vehicles yes, every vehicle is an unique vehicle so you can only dispatch it once, in the upper left side of your game, you have an arrow up, if you click that you can see a map where the units are stationed. 

You can both report bugs here, or on our discord: https://discord.gg/mz5UYGGZVn

7 hours ago, LawOfficerPaw said:

Is the mod multiplayer if so how do I access it?

While planned, multiplayer is not yet available yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RangerDog said:

Hi, that is not possible unfortenately, for the vehicles yes, every vehicle is an unique vehicle so you can only dispatch it once, in the upper left side of your game, you have an arrow up, if you click that you can see a map where the units are stationed. 

You can both report bugs here, or on our discord: https://discord.gg/mz5UYGGZVn

While planned, multiplayer is not yet available yet.

Tought so... thank you! Just noticed that while I click on any ladder firetruck I get huge FPS drops. I guess the ladder firetrucks are differently scripted? There is an option to use them for extinguish fires, they get to position for extinguishing, but nothing happens afterwards. But I guess they can't, since there is no option for pump starter? Just in case: my PC specs are RTX 3050, i9-11900H and 16GB 3200MHz dual channel.

On 10/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, Erik H. said:

Tought so... thank you! Just noticed that while I click on any ladder firetruck I get huge FPS drops. I guess the ladder firetrucks are differently scripted? There is an option to use them for extinguish fires, they get to position for extinguishing, but nothing happens afterwards. But I guess they can't, since there is no option for pump starter? Just in case: my PC specs are RTX 3050, i9-11900H and 16GB 3200MHz dual channel.

We are familiair with the performance bug for ladders and we are working on it! :)

For getting the ladder to extuingish fires, you need to hook it up to the engine for water flow. So just like setting up the hydrant, you need to set a supply line from the engine/tanker (and have their pumps on) to the ladder, and you should be able to extuingish fires with them!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:27 PM, Hadalion said:

Salut et merci pour ce MOD INCROYABLE.

Is it possible to slow down time to have a realistic patrol?

one minute in game = one minute in real life?

Thanks

That would be hella boring imo. Also the city is too small to adapt irl-time. You see the cars are moving the irl speed, so that would mean the cars would be very slow in the game. Unless you're talking about the time as itself, without changing the environment of the game. But I'm speaking from my own experience, maybe the devs of this game can do it.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:46 PM, RangerDog said:

We are familiair with the performance bug for ladders and we are working on it! :)

For getting the ladder to extuingish fires, you need to hook it up to the engine for water flow. So just like setting up the hydrant, you need to set a supply line from the engine/tanker (and have their pumps on) to the ladder, and you should be able to extuingish fires with them!

Thank you so much! My stupid ass didn't realize I have to attach the hose to the actual truck with working pump, haha.

On 10/18/2023 at 1:14 AM, soccerref14 said:

One thing I've noticed is I get a lot of crashes, especially when using the SCBA script. Anyone else having this? Also would be nice to see some calls where suspects fire on police or are barricaded. I haven't had a single use for SWAT yet since most suspects either run or fight with their fists.

You can call-up events manually trough the debug tool. There are events like gang guns exchange, where they'll shoot at the police if they get too close.

On 10/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, soccerref14 said:

One thing I've noticed is I get a lot of crashes, especially when using the SCBA script. Anyone else having this? Also would be nice to see some calls where suspects fire on police or are barricaded. I haven't had a single use for SWAT yet since most suspects either run or fight with their fists.

If you are having crashes on the SCBA function, try it on a different truck, USFS Trucks cannot use SCBA's

15 hours ago, ShadowFlea said:

This mod is absolutely amazing. Is the ability to have Air drops on forest fires a thing in the mod? If so, how? haha and if not...is it planned at all? These forest fires sure get epic. Had a fire earlier today that had over 900 fires i had to extinguish.

Select either of the fire chiefs (city or county), right click their vehicle, then right-click where you'd like the wet stuff to be delivered. Both chiefs have their own cooldown, so you essentially have two planes at your disposal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If I missed it here, please forgive me.

I try and do the parking where when I call out a unit I can position them they way I want, following the key binding in the manual, but it doesn't work, it just sends them to the scene.  Am I missing something?

I have the Steam version of Em20 if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

edit - got it working now.  no idea why